Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Having serious 1988 vibes after that.

Deja vu all over again, I don't believe what I just saw.

Gibby on 2 bad legs walks off the A's, Freddie on 1 bad leg walks off the Yanks - hopefully there is some great commentary somewhere too as the call from MLB International was lame.

Flaherty pitched well. 5 hits isn’t ideal but 6 Ks. Cole only had 4.
That fast ball before the breaking ball that Stanton slapped for a homer was such a waste. He tempted fate by trying to get a third breakballing strike in a row and paid for it dearly. Hopefully it is a good learning lesson.

Mlb normally struggles for recognition and media coverage especially when competing against the other North American sport markets, ie .NFL,NBA and NHL. It took a matchup of titans in New York vs LA to draw real national interest. This series will bring a whole wave of new fans to the sport.

Obviously a WS game for the ages.

Sorry to nit pick but I’ve always wondered why we get the international broadcast for the World Series rather than the US Fox Sports telecast per the division and champion series.

The international broadcast doesn’t do in game and post game interviews and it just seemed a bit anti climatic not to hear from Freddie Freeman the match winner.

I have gone back and watched the Torres fan interference.

I don't see how they can be sure that would not have been a home run? I have freeze framed it etc

The fan catches it and then drags the ball in his glove down which makes it look lower - like when a catcher frames the pitch.

I don't know what they said on the coverage at the time but it looks like a bad call to me.

Last edited:
Obviously a WS game for the ages.

Sorry to nit pick but I’ve always wondered why we get the international broadcast for the World Series rather than the US Fox Sports telecast per the division and champion series.

The international broadcast doesn’t do in game and post game interviews and it just seemed a bit anti climatic not to hear from Freddie Freeman the match winner.
It means we don't get John Smoltz who is a terrible colour commentator. For whatever bizarre reason MLB has a separate TV contract for the World Series. Can't think of any other sport league that does it.

I have gone back and watched the Torres fan interference.

I don't see how they can be sure that would not have been a home run? I have freeze framed it etc

The fan catches it and then drags the ball in his glove down which makes it look lower - like when a catcher frames the pitch.

I don't know what they said on the coverage at the time but it looks like a bad call to me.
The right field umpire called interference so they needed conclusive proof to overturn it. If it was ruled a HR it would've stayed a HR. I think it would've hit the top of the wall and had a chance of bouncing over

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back