Mock PSD up on footydraft.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Weaver said:
The minimum number of Players on the Club’s Primary List and Veterans List combined shall be 38, save for 2004, where the minimum shall be 37.

That is pretty clear. Richmond have 37 and could therefore pass on a pick if they want to and with cash tight it wouldn't be a suprise.

Except for the fact that next year is 2005 and the minimum list required is 38. The season just gone was 2004. Richmond have to have a pick.

Lidge said:
Yeah? What about Pratt who you rookied after Nth Melb delisted him, promoted him this year for a few games, delisted him again and North drafted back?

Confusing....but he isn't a QLDer is he?
Pratt is a QLDer. He was drafted by The Kangas as a 17 year old. De-listed at 19. Pratt returned to QLD and trailed with The Lions during pre-season. He impressed and the Lions drafted him on their Rookie list. He played three senior games this year and was surprisingly not elevated to the main list. The fact that he was not elevated made him eligible to go into the draft again. I think Brisie intended to re-draft him as a rookie again. However The Kangaroos picked him up in the National Draft. It's a long explanation for you but the short of it is that, he is a Queenslander.

Can anyone tell me any ruckman that may get picked up in the rookie draft?

Melbourne will probably only have two selections and at least on of them will be a ruckman.

Great work again GH - both the PSD and the Rookie prospects...

I would be rapt if St Kilda take Ruory Kirkby - although they seem to like being on the minimum number of players allowed, so they might not participate in the PSD

Doubt they will take the full quota of 4 rookies either - maybe only 2

Demonheart said:

Melbourne will probably only have two selections and at least on of them will be a ruckman.

Earl Shaw (NSW) is one of the U18 ruckmen, big show to be rookied - might be doing pre-season with the Swans

irel said:
Should be easietr to identify the Brisbane rookies as only Queenslanders will be selected. 6 places available. Possible selections:
Footydraft.co.au has profiles of Hamil, Pask and Weller.

Goalden is it possible to profile the other possible draftees?

Not sure if all bellow eligible.

Scott Harding 179/76 Morningside
Ed McDonnell 192/85 Western Magpies
Will Hamill 190/76 Mt Gravatt
Marty Pask 191/88 Western Magpies
Andrew Browning 194/81 Morningside
Matthew Clarke – 185/70. Labrador
Cheynee Stiller – 183/72 Northern Eagles
Marcus Allen – 180/74 ????????
Josh Drummond - 188/84(LIons 04 Rookie)possibly re-drafted
Jake Weller - 194/84 Northern Eagles

Harding was a player I was a huge fan of in 2003, but he didn't really come on this year. Lightly built wingman, always looks poised, very classy. Average carnival though.

McDonnell is a utility type that can be used up forward or on the ball, or even in the ruck. Works hard defensively but probably doesn’t do enough. Versatility may appeal though.

Andrew Browning – 194, 81. Son of Mark Browning, he was used mostly in the ruck by Queensland. Looked impressive in one game against Bendigo but had a fairly quiet carnival.

Matthew Clarke – 185, 70. Small forward who is quick and evasive, but didn’t really do a lot to catch the eye at the carnival.

Cheynee Stiller – 183, 72. Wing and onballer who can look good with the footy in his hands and showed a bit of promise.

Marcus Allen – 180, 74. Son of ‘Gubby’, Marcus is a small onballer who works hard at the stoppages and is a real in-and-under player. Gets a lot of the footy but lacks polish with his disposal.

If I was the Lions I'd choose Allen, Pask, Weller, Harding, Stiller and Browning, but they are all pretty handy.

Demonheart said:

The Demons have 4 ruckmen training with them at the momment in Stephen Ott, Tom Mentiplay, Matthew Warnock all from Sandringham and Daniel Batson from North Ballarat training with them for a rookie spot.

I imagine the other ruckmen that would be considered would be Andrew Lorimer (Western), Earl Shaw (NSW-ACT), Daniel Ford (NSW-ACT), Rudi Falovic (Eastern), Scott Meyer (Gippsland) Van Schaik (Murray) Nick Bye (Nth Ballarat)

holdencaulfield said:
Richmond drop Zantuck off North drop Jeremy Clayton. Putting 2 and 2 together i would sugest North will be taking Zantuck

North had Rupert Betheras, Darren Hulme and Lance Piccione training with them. Only Lance remains. Fair bet they'll look at taking him.

Weaver said:
We are actually agreeing. With the delistment of Zantuck Richmond have 2 vacancies and so could take 2 players, but only have to take 1.

I don't think you are.

Streaker is saying that in the 2005 season teams must have 38 players on their primary list.

If that is correct, and that's the way I read it too, then if Richmond only have 36 on their primary list, how can they pass at the PSD??

Surely they have to take 2 players, or have I missed something? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

macca23 said:
I don't think you are.

Streaker is saying that in the 2005 season teams must have 38 players on their primary list.

If that is correct, and that's the way I read it too, then if Richmond only have 36 on their primary list, how can they pass at the PSD??

Surely they have to take 2 players, or have I missed something? :confused:
No you are correct Macca, Richmond must have a primary list of 38 - you cannot run next year a list of 37.

macca23 said:

Surely they have to take 2 players, or have I missed something?

Yes you have.

Wayne's-World said:
No you are correct Macca, Richmond must have a primary list of 38 - you cannot run next year a list of 37.

You are wrong.

Richmond HAVE 37. 36 on the PRIMARY LIST and one on the VETS LIST but outside the PRIMARY LIST. This means that they COULD draft 2 players if they wanted to and have 38+1 a total of 39 players to choose from. They probably WON'T. Instead they will pass on one pick. This will give them 37 players on the primary list PLUS Campbell for a total of 38.

As the rule states -

14.2 The minimum number of Players on the Club’s Primary List and Veterans List combined shall be 38

GOALden Hawk said:
Harding was a player I was a huge fan of in 2003, but he didn't really come on this year. Lightly built wingman, always looks poised, very classy. Average carnival though.

McDonnell is a utility type that can be used up forward or on the ball, or even in the ruck. Works hard defensively but probably doesn’t do enough. Versatility may appeal though.

Andrew Browning – 194, 81. Son of Mark Browning, he was used mostly in the ruck by Queensland. Looked impressive in one game against Bendigo but had a fairly quiet carnival.

Matthew Clarke – 185, 70. Small forward who is quick and evasive, but didn’t really do a lot to catch the eye at the carnival.

Cheynee Stiller – 183, 72. Wing and onballer who can look good with the footy in his hands and showed a bit of promise.

Marcus Allen – 180, 74. Son of ‘Gubby’, Marcus is a small onballer who works hard at the stoppages and is a real in-and-under player. Gets a lot of the footy but lacks polish with his disposal.

If I was the Lions I'd choose Allen, Pask, Weller, Harding, Stiller and Browning, but they are all pretty handy.
What about Stinear the Grogan Medallist?

Collingwood are publically claiming Caracella already.They were looking for midfielders in the draft,hoping to get young Moore who went to Sydney.Eddie asked Santa for a good young midfielder and,for once,he didn't get what he wanted.

perhaps Eddie got a better present, someone who can kick and create goals - in Caracella, if that be the case on Dec 14th. Meanwhile we did try for McGrath and Corrie (as well as others) but Moore? He was taken with a pick way after Egan and Rusling; if we'd really wanted him he was there for cherry-picking. Besides, our midfield is coming from within - Johnson, Didak and then Cole to step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mock PSD up on footydraft.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back