Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
#6 will be more remembered as Tony Modra's number than Splinters. I can remember reading some where that Modra was one of Medhurst's favourites. Should Medders make a clean break and toss in #34 and where the jumper of a true champion?

Apparently medders offered to buy the #6 off Dion when he was first drafted, but Dion wouldn't give it up. After 4 years in the #34, maybe it's more "his" number now that the #6 would be.
Besides - there's no official word that Woodsy has been delisted at this stage anyway...

If Dion is still on our list next season I will be disappointed. Atleast 5 players will be delisted and Siegert, Haines, Smith, Browne and Webster all deserve a spot ahead of Woods. None of them have the talent of Splinter but they all try their best whenever they play, which can't be said for Dion Woods. He had an average season for Perth and his AFL career is over.

If wearing the number 6 jumber gives Medhurst a spark then give it to him. His 2nd half of the season was poor and he needs to have a good summer to build his confidence. Dropping a couple of kilos of muscle might also help. We may also have a new number 1 next season. Luke Websters spot on the list isn't safe. He works hard but I'm not sure which position he is suited to.

Geoff said:
#6 will be more remembered as Tony Modra's number than Splinters. I can remember reading some where that Modra was one of Medhurst's favourites. Should Medders make a clean break and toss in #34 and where the jumper of a true champion?

pfffft he never achieved champion status at fremantle football club, it was his twilight years.

he will forever be remembered in history as a legendary crows player

"GODRA" :D

James23 said:
pfffft he never achieved champion status at fremantle football club, it was his twilight years.

he will forever be remembered in history as a legendary crows player

"GODRA" :D

Modra was his favourite player growing up regardless of what guernsey he wore. So I think wearing the number 6 is a good idea for him if the players wearing it now will be delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mods #6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back