More bad news for Collingwood - Daisy may miss season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2008
QLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Being reported on twitter that Daisy will have surgery on his troublesome ankle and miss the rest of the year. At best will miss 4-6 apparently.

Really bad week for the pies with Fasolo being out for an extended period. Can they still finish top 4?\

Edit: link. Will keep an eye out for updates.

Where copping it from everywhere atm but people seem to keep forget that if you have key injuries and players miss big chunks of the year its very hard to stay with the top few teams

This is Bigfooty though so i would not expect people to know that:thumbsu:

maybe he should have signed last year. wont get the massive bucks he was hoping for after a stella 2013.

True, it's a bad year for him to miss. He probably should have signed on for more than 2 years after his AA year in 2011, though I guess he was expecting to continue to improve and get a larger contract this year.

Will make his contract status very interesting at the end of the year, given that he is probably the one after Buddy who looks the most "gettable" of those who are very good and eligible for free agency this year.

Will another club still offer him the big bucks and if they do, will Collingwood try to get anywhere near it?

It may be like when Hawthorn took the punt and offered Joel Smith a heap of money after he did his knee really badly in 1997 and we weren't prepared to get anywhere near their offer, as he was such a risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is time to embrace the horror!!

I think we should write this year off, we aren't going to win the flag, may as well get as many games into the kids as possible, we've had 2 years from hell on the injury front.

You may be able to watch it all on your new 24hr TV channel though.

16.gif

Maybe not as bad as first suspected -

AFL Fantasy Updates, DreamTeam & Supercoach
INJURY UPDATE:
Collingwood midfielder Dale Thomas will miss the next two matches in the hope that he can overcome an injury to his right ankle.

Is that a reliable source?

Edit: This is.
Where copping it from everywhere atm but people seem to keep forget that if you have key injuries and players miss big chunks of the year its very hard to stay with the top few teams

This is Bigfooty though so i would not expect people to know that:thumbsu:

I don't think anyone is arguing it's bad luck for the Pies this year. It happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

More bad news for Collingwood - Daisy may miss season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back