More bad news for Collingwood - Daisy may miss season.

Remove this Banner Ad

It is time to embrace the horror!!

I think we should write this year off, we aren't going to win the flag, may as well get as many games into the kids as possible, we've had 2 years from hell on the injury front.

On the bright side, these years allow you to figure out which of the kids have got it and which don't. There have been so many rookies and draftees being blooded in the past two years at the Pies that I've lost track of who is who. If they make the top 4 again this year I think a lot of credit has to go their drafting/recruitment team and of course Nathan Buckley.

On the bright side, these years allow you to figure out which of the kids have got it and which don't. There have been so many rookies and draftees being blooded in the past two years at the Pies that I've lost track of who is who. If they make the top 4 again this year I think a lot of credit has to go their drafting/recruitment team and of course Nathan Buckley.

That's not really 'the bright side' IMO. It sounds like the beginning of a mini-rebuild. Top 4 almost certainly looks out of the equation now.

It will be a development year and we'll be better in the long run because of it, the Cats did it brilliantly last year IMO, they knew they had to get games into the younger guys and it's paying off now, the only downside i see is it will give Buckley an extra year, i wanted to see him get a good run with our A team and then decide on his coaching future.

The really pertinent point about that twitter release that I don,t like is the bit about"in the hope" that it comes good of it,s own accord,with the Pies recent luck that does not sound promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being reported on twitter that Daisy will have surgery on his troublesome ankle and miss the rest of the year. At best will miss 4-6 apparently.

Really bad week for the pies with Fasolo being out for an extended period. Can they still finish top 4?\

Edit: link. Will keep an eye out for updates.
I don't think they would have made top 4 regardless...they have gone backwards and some other sides have gone past them, they are a shadow of the side that we saw under Malthouse, that relentless pressure around the Ball has been missing.

It would be very interesting if you had the official player ratings for the last few years and multiplied the number of games missed by all players by their average rating over their previous 20 odd games. I wouldn't mind betting that Collingwood would be in the top 1 or 2 from the beginning of 2012 until now. It's a pretty sad state of affairs and seriously puts the brakes on any real aspirations.

Of course all teams go through patches like this and nobody can deny that a couple of other teams have had some horrendous luck in the past few years. Naturally enough the tendency is to believe we've got it worse than anyone else.

Cue back in the rack for this year and a serious look at our fitness department. However 5 ACL's in two years is just really bad luck.

He will miss one week maybe two..

Season .lol
Wish we at Collingwood had your confidence. Seriously doubt it's the season but had you watched the Collingwood list you would have seen that 1 or 2 weeks generally has equated to 6 or 7 up until now. I think Beams has been 2 weeks away for well over a month and still is.

16.gif

Can you click on "like" twice...............man?

Says Collingwood. At the time the thread was created it was 4-6 and possible season, now down to two weeks which by all logic sounds pretty damn hopeful.
4-6 was given out before scans/results came through. Obviously after having the injury medically reviewed means changes can occur.

4-6 was given out before scans/results came through. Obviously after having the injury medically reviewed means changes can occur.

Before he went in for scans it was touch and go for this week. Twitter reports said they thought 4-6 weeks and Collingwood is now saying two weeks, somewhat optomistically you'd have to think. My guess would be the original 4-6, barring any further aggravation.

The whole reason we are in this mess was because they tried to let it heal naturally last year but it wouldn't. Bite the bullet, slice and dice him. Time to play a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

More bad news for Collingwood - Daisy may miss season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back