Why are Port more hated than the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd go even further and blame Alan Bond. He had the money, power and the backers, so he threatened to go it alone, which led the WAFL to realise it was all over and they had no choice.
Max and Leigh should have seen this as well but history is history.
VFL was always the strongest league, so a national competition was always going to stem from it in some way or form.

Superstar? Not sure a guy who's biggest achievement is a rising star nomination 5 years ago qualifies as a Superstar.
The club seemed to worry enough about him by putting more attention on to him, so I'd say he's pretty damn good when he's not KO'd.

Please, the initial cheers were a result of the fierce contest that we rarely see in the game these days, it was split second reactionary.
Once people realised Ranks was in a bad way, and the obvious repercussions for Houston, they pulled up and he was clapped off.

Now if you want to make it about race, only 1 of SA's clubs former captains served weeks for that and he doesnt play for us.
They were clapping and cheering when he got knocked out. They cheered when the reply went up on the screen, and yes, when he came off there was an element of your crowd who booed him off.
What you should say is that it was a poor act, and people should have more respect for players than they did last night.
If JHF got knocked out like that I wouldn't be happy.

They were clapping and cheering when he got knocked out. They cheered when the reply went up on the screen, and yes, when he came off there was an element of your crowd who booed him off.
What you should say is that it was a poor act, and people should have more respect for players than they did last night.
That's why people hate Port. It's stuff like this.

VFL was always the strongest league, so a national competition was always going to stem from it in some way or form.
A true national competition would have been created with the input of all the state bodies.
They would have made up a group of new clubs from each state, or taken a number from each league.
There would have been a new best and fairest award, a new leading goal kicker award, and the GF would have been moved around the country.

That's how it should have happened, that's what SA wanted, and the VFL only wanted the interstate clubs to come in for the licence fees, as the VFL was bankrupt.

Perhaps they remembered his off the ball sniper hit on Starcevic.
Were you happy with that performance.

A true national competition would have been created with the input of all the state bodies.
They would have made up a group of new clubs from each state, or taken a number from each league.
There would have been a new best and fairest award, a new leading goal kicker award, and the GF would have been moved around the country.

That's how it should have happened, that's what SA wanted, and the VFL only wanted the interstate clubs to come in for the licence fees, as the VFL was bankrupt.

That ship had sailed in 1987. SANFL were dreaming, thinking they had bargaining power over the AFL by holding off to 1993. WA was in the process of entering a second AFL team to give the AFL an $4M boost. Max and Leigh were too busy sniffing their own farts than realising that their perspective of AFL was a pipe dream at best.

Think you’ll find the crowd was enjoying the brawl that ensued..

Was clapped off by all around me.

Victoria had all the power, the best players all wanted to play in the VFL which is why the national competition stemmed from the VFL.

We saw a similar thing happen in rugby league, with the NRL stemming from the NSWRL thanks to New South Wales having the power and the strongest league in the country.

Victoria had all the power, the best players all wanted to play in the VFL which is why the national competition stemmed from the VFL.

We saw a similar thing happen in rugby league, with the NRL stemming from the NSWRL thanks to New South Wales having the power and the strongest league in the country.
Victoria had the best players because they poached the best players from WA and SA. They used money to build the best competition, which ended nearly bankrupting the whole competition.

What happened isnt necessarily the best thing. Your personal bias is showing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are comparing booing a player in game, to booing an injured player? You think we could give two shits if you booed Rachele from here on out?
That's a really poor comparison.
No I'm comparing morons in the respective supporter bases. By SMA accounting principles you guys have 68% of the football-going morons in the state.

That ship had sailed in 1987. SANFL were dreaming, thinking they had bargaining power over the AFL by holding off to 1993. WA was in the process of entering a second AFL team to give the AFL an $4M boost. Max and Leigh were too busy sniffing their own farts than realising that their perspective of AFL was a pipe dream at best.
They had bargaining power until Port thought they were better than everyone else and betrayed the rest of the competition they were meant to be a part of.
You can't in any way defend the actions of Port. Their board members ended up as pariahs, as they should have.

They had bargaining power until Port thought they were better than everyone else and betrayed the rest of the competition they were meant to be a part of.
You can't in any way defend the actions of Port. Their board members ended up as pariahs, as they should have.

And yet Port are in the AFL. Norwood, Glenelg, Sturt, West, North, Central, Torrens, South and Woodville are a consigned to irrelevance. A lot to do with Crows supporters abandoning them.

Bargaining Power? Lol.

The replay didn't even go up on the screen. Not once. So you're lying at least a little bit.

What bargaining power do you speak of?
SANFL had a couple cracks at this in the early 80's and the VFL just laughed at them. The SANFL should have approached WA and TAS during this period and form a coalition prior to the VFL expansion taking off. But in typical SANFL fashion, they sat on their hands and arrogantly expected the VFL to come begging.

Meanwhile, Port and Norwood was keeping the SANFL alive with the equalisation of gate takings at every match due to them drawing the largest attendances. Remove those clubs from the equation and all you have left is a bush league.

Well, I think we all have our answer. Booing a superstar off the ground who was knocked unconscious by an illegal head bump is pretty much why, and I'm sure the fact he is indigenous helped them get that booing as loud as it did, what with them not being able to throw bananas anymore.

Said superstar blokes a sniper, Starcevic says ouch my head still hurts.

Crows and their fans are the biggest criers, oh poor me, why is everything such a travesty. Bunch of sooks.

What bargaining power do you speak of?
SANFL had a couple cracks at this in the early 80's and the VFL just laughed at them. The SANFL should have approached WA and TAS during this period and form a coalition prior to the VFL expansion taking off. But in typical SANFL fashion, they sat on their hands and arrogantly expected the VFL to come begging.

Meanwhile, Port and Norwood was keeping the SANFL alive with the equalisation of gate takings at every match due to them drawing the largest attendances. Remove those clubs from the equation and all you have left is a bush league.
Keeping the SANFL alive? Oh please. Just because they had the biggest crowds, doesn't mean anything. Your success relied on having opposition teams to play. If there's no North, no Centrals, no Sturt, no South, there's no Port either.
I guess it's just like when both Port and Crows were owned by the SANFL, and the Crows kept giving a dividend back to the SANFL clubs, including the Magpies, while Port didn't put back a cent.
Port was a drag on the SANFL when they went into the AFL.

Said superstar blokes a sniper, Starcevic says ouch my head still hurts.

Crows and their fans are the biggest criers, oh poor me, why is everything such a travesty. Bunch of sooks.
Lol, all Port has ever done is whine.
You blame everyone else for your failures. The SANFL, the SMA, the AFL, the Media. You literally have a thread on your board about the media. (Shakes head).
You lot are the biggest cringe whingers in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Port more hated than the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back