More clarity on GWS U17yr old trades - featuring the mini-draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any idea how this could work.

Surely Hawks and Freo are gettting something from GWS for being in on it. They wouldn't do it juts to be nice.

and if they are, Aren't GWS going to be paying alot for O'meara considering they will miss out on what they would have got for him as well as what it will cost to get teams to get him back to them.

Plus, what if someone pulls a double cross and just keeps him ?

I was thinking something like this

Hawks swap 24 for 15 and mini draft pick.

Hawk then pick O'meara and trade him to Freo for pick 100.

Freo then trade O'meara and their pick 16 for 13.

Then Hawks trade 15 for Gunston and Freo trade 13 for Clarke.

Everybody wins, exceot when the Hawks reneg and keep O'meara and 15:thumbsu:

^Hawks wouldn't be able to trade JOM after they drafted him, the minidraft happens at the conclusion of trade week.

Also, if Freo had any part in this they'd keep JOM for themselves.

I thought the md was on friday? either way they can on trade the md pick i guess.

and yeh gws are would be putting alot of faith in our clubs and i dont see how they can hold us to it.

or could they trade the two mini-draft picks to clubs who agreed to NOT pick Jaeger, and then, given GWS are likely to come last, draft him number one in the regular draft next year...?

yeh but would port or gc get priority picks before rd 1 if they win 4 or less?

plus again how can they hold a team to such an agreement?

yeh but would port or gc get priority picks before rd 1 if they win 4 or less?

plus again how can they hold a team to such an agreement?

I figure if they come last, and port win less than 4, the GWS also won less than 4, so should also get a priority pick. Not sure how that works to be honest...

on the agreement.. if a club gave GWS a nominal pick (say 4th rounder) in exchange for pick 13 + the mini-draft pick on priviso they don't pick Jaeger, I reckon the club would go for it. It's like getting a free first round pick...

I think clubs would be very wary about entering into an agreement and then just reneging and screwing GWS over... other clubs would then eye them very suspiciously...

But I could be off the mark here. If they choose not to use any of the mini-draft picks this year, does that mean Jaeger just goes into the draft next year because he is 18, or is he tied to that mini-draft pick for the next two seasons? Sorry, I really should have a look at the early part of this thread to see if there is an answer to that question!

And this deal looks to be more complex than that... they seem to be suggesting trading out the minidraft pick, and then trading it back in and using it themselves...

Audacious move! Could get Jaeger for two late first rounders!

I figure if they come last, and port win less than 4, the GWS also won less than 4, so should also get a priority pick. Not sure how that works to be honest...

on the agreement.. if a club gave GWS a nominal pick (say 4th rounder) in exchange for pick 13 + the mini-draft pick on priviso they don't pick Jaeger, I reckon the club would go for it. It's like getting a free first round pick...
You've lost me.
What's in it for GWS? One (of prolly 2 or 3) clubs in the running doesn't take him?
Meaning they (effectively) move up from (say) 4 to 3, or 3 to 2 etc.
Hardly worth losing two good picks for, IMHO.

But I could be off the mark here. If they choose not to use any of the mini-draft picks this year, does that mean Jaeger just goes into the draft next year because he is 18, or is he tied to that mini-draft pick for the next two seasons? Sorry, I really should have a look at the early part of this thread to see if there is an answer to that question!
Yes (bolded)

The whole process is farcical - GWS mini draft should have been finished before the start of trade week.

It delays major trades during trade week.

GWS mini draft trades have to be finalized by Thursday.

Trade week was extended from the usual Mon-Fri to Mon-Mon this year to take into account the wasted days & delays caused by the mini draft...

The actual mini draft itself will then take place immediately after the conclusion of trade week next Monday.

GWS mini draft trades have to be finalized by Thursday.

Trade week was extended from the usual Mon-Fri to Mon-Mon this year to take into account the wasted days & delays caused by the mini draft...

The actual mini draft itself will then take place immediately after the conclusion of trade week next Monday.

Oh My God !

This is even more farcical !

Re: More clarity on GWS U17yr old trades - no mini-draft

Interesting to read back through this thread and have a chuckle at the proposed 3 x list cloggers for a 17 year olds. 17 year olds are too risky we thought, teams wont give up much. GWS need established players, they can't afford to struggle. No idea.

Well pick 4 & 10 in 2011 draft and then 2 compo picks to be used in stronger drafts. So thats 4 first rounders, all likely top 10 picks. And you can probably double that for next year. Surely they could not get 8 top 10 picks?

Massive haul for GWS - Massive free kick from the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ok, Omeara & Crouch went for picks (suprise,suprise)

Who are the two on the radar for next year...

1) Jack Martin

2) ???????

Remove this Banner Ad

More clarity on GWS U17yr old trades - featuring the mini-draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back