Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
I'm a big fan of this award in the NBA. Would love to see it implemented somehow into the AFL season awards.

Anyway seeing Daniel Rioli sign for 5 years got me thinking who would take home this award in 2022 for the AFL.

Rioli and Will Brodie the two the immediately came to mind.

Peter Wright and Mason Redman had good seasons in a bad team for us.

Rioli and Kennedy my noms from other teams.

93140-1.png

Darcy Cameron, Will Brodie, LDU

Nathan Murphy or Josh Daicos for Collingwood.

Mason Redman
Peter Wright
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Mitchell Lewis

The second last player taken in the 2016 draft.

2022: 15 games - 37 goals

Ed Richards for the Dogs. He is now a better player than two All Australian's playing in the same position in the same team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think he’s been better than Bailey Dale personally but he’s got a bit on Daniel now.
Yes, agree with that (hence only mentioning Dale who has probably been as good, if not better, than last year). Daniel isn't in his AA form any more (for a while know) though obviously still a good player with Richards underrated (and harder at it than the other two).

Don't know how the Bulldogs always have so many high quality mids and half back flankers - though I think your gamestyle helps these positions shine a little brighter than the way some other teams play.

Yes, agree with that (hence only mentioning Dale who has probably been as good, if not better, than last year). Daniel isn't in his AA form any more (for a while know) though obviously still a good player with Richards underrated (and harder at it than the other two).

Don't know how the Bulldogs always have so many high quality mids and half back flankers - though I think your gamestyle helps these positions shine a little brighter than the way some other teams play.
It’s an interesting one. Crozier is out of favour and plays there and Bailey Williams is on the cusp of being dropped this year.

Anyway not to derail, Richards is also my nom for the dogs. Him or Rhylee West.

Can you educate me?

Do you mean Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale? Ed has been great but I wouldn't have thought he had a better year than Bailey Dale?
Yeah I reckon he's gone past Bailey Dale - even though Dale is probably playing at the same level as last year. And he's gone miles past Daniel
Richards actually defends at a really high standard which stands out like dogs balls in our team

Got to be in your fourth year or over for eligibility the kids have the rising star and coaches best young player for their first 2 years.
Injuries can take a year away also.
It would be a great award for those players tredding water for 3-6 years then breaking out/filling potential

Robbie Fox is having a great year for the Swans. He went from being delisted a couple of years ago to now being one of our key defenders.

McAdam, Hewett, J. Daicos, Brodie, Stengle, Rankine, H. Himmelberg, Lewis, Angus Brayshaw, LDU, SPP

Most Improved 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back