Most Improved 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Will try to focus most on players not yet mentioned.

Tim English has been a huge improver. Ed Richards from the same club, I was nearly laughed off another thread when I had him at pick 12 in a re-done 2017 draft very early this season, but from the first time I saw him this sesason he looked a very different player.

Darcy Fogarty in my same re-done draft I wrote him off as not worth a top 50 pick, boy has he proven that incorrect. Huge improver.

Cam Rayner from the same draft is clearly finding another level, and off an ACL, very impressive. K Coleman as well from the Lions.

Warner, Rowbottom, Blakey all nice improvers from Sydney.

Melbourne curiously no big improvers for a team with so many young players.

Collingwood Darcy Cameron a very good improver this season.

Fremantle Jordan Clark, Hayden Young.

Carlton C Curnow has probably found the level you’d have expected had he not had multiple seasons wrecked by injury.

For the Saints Mason Wood has been a decent improver.

Port Adelaide have had a few good improvers. Rozee, Finlayson, Marshall.

Suns Rankine, Ainsworth, Chol, Ballard all nice improvers.

Hawks Dylan Moore, and Mitch Lewis.

North Davies-Uniacke.

Overall I think my biggest improvers would be English, Richards, Fogarty, Dan Rioli, Mitch Lewis and Davies-Uniacke. Fogarty and Lewis my biggest two as they are the two who have moved from constantly losing their position to being big winners, and surprised me the most.

Last edited:
Darcy Cameron. Never really saw it with him previously, but he’s lifted his game big time this season.

Jack Silvagni. Gone from terrible to serviceable in what his 6th or 7th season? He’s improved out of sight.

The entire Geelong team and Jack Sinclair.

Didn't most of Riolis improvement come in the 2nd half of last season?

I'd go with Kennedy or LDU
He's played very capably off the half back flank all year but in the last six weeks he's really gone to another level breaking the lines and taking significant ground while also locking down an opponent.

Sinclair for mine has probably been most improved. Should be AA and has maintained his consistency the whole year at a level I would describe as A grade.

He's played very capably off the half back flank all year but in the last six weeks he's really gone to another level breaking the lines and taking significant ground while also locking down an opponent.

Sinclair for mine has probably been most improved. Should be AA and has maintained his consistency the whole year at a level I would describe as A grade.
Either way it's crazy to see the level he's gone to simply by changing position. Along with Castagna he always seemed to be one of the main whipping boys at Richmond. Good on him.

Not sure he counts given he is not a young player but Paddy McCartin went from having no experience in the backline to being one of the top key defenders in the league.

I suspect there is still a lot of improvement left in Paddy if he can remain injury free.

I hope he can go on to even bigger and better things and people stop claiming he was the worst no.1 pick of all time etc.

Blake Acres went from being one of our scape goats and delist risks to being in AA wing contention before his hamstring.

3rd year Michael Fredrick
4th year Jordan Clark
5th year+ will Brodie Rory lobb acres
Oppo teams: chol Bolton curnow barrass rozee Stengel fog

Last edited:
Yep, Barrass has had an excellent year.

If Bolton was more accurate when kicking for goal, I'd agree.
I don’t watch a lot of tigers but thought last year Bolton disappeared for little periods of games are if it was a tough slog he was missing.
He’s changed my thoughts on him.
This year he’s worked a lot harder for longer and his ability to transition from inside to outside and out to in a contest has been awesome to watch from what I’ve seen.

Would be a few noms from Blues.
Hewett - having a career year for disposals, clearances, tackles and i50s.
Young - career year and leading the league for average spoils.
Kennedy - having a career year for disposals, marks (equal career high), clearances, i50s.
Curnow - barely played for 2 years, hasn't missed a game this year and likely to win the Coleman.

Darcy Cameron. Never really saw it with him previously, but he’s lifted his game big time this season.

Jack Silvagni. Gone from terrible to serviceable in what his 6th or 7th season? He’s improved out of sight.
Silvagni is doing what he always does. Hasn't improved much and will never be a star, but is a solid, consistent performer and a heart and soul type who always gives 100%.
His numbers are very similar to last year and his numbers from 2019. I think it's just opposition supporter opinions that are changing now that he's on a winning team and they're possibly watching him more closely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson Stengle

Will Brodie has been a surprise packet.

Peter Wright has also been pretty special in a bottom 4 team.

McCartin for mine though, great to see the big fella get a decent run at it and kudos to the Swans for backing him in.

Andrew Brayshaw.

Will try to focus most on players not yet mentioned.

Tim English has been a huge improver. Ed Richards from the same club, I was nearly laughed off another thread when I had him at pick 12 in a re-done 2017 draft very early this season, but from the first time I saw him this sesason he looked a very different player.

Darcy Fogarty in my same re-done draft I wrote him off as not worth a top 50 pick, boy has he proven that incorrect. Huge improver.

Cam Rayner from the same draft is clearly finding another level, and off an ACL, very impressive. K Coleman as well from the Lions.

Warner, Rowbottom, Blakey all nice improvers from Sydney.

Melbourne curiously no big improvers for a team with so many young players.

Collingwood Darcy Cameron a very good improver this season.

Fremantle Jordan Clark, Hayden Young.

Carlton C Curnow has probably found the level you’d have expected had he not had multiple seasons wrecked by injury.

For the Saints Mason Wood has been a decent improver.

Port Adelaide have had a few good improvers. Rozee, Finlayson, Marshall.

Suns Rankine, Ainsworth, Chol, Ballard all nice improvers.

Hawks Dylan Moore, and Mitch Lewis.

North Davies-Uniacke.

Overall I think my biggest improvers would be English, Richards, Fogarty, Dan Rioli, Mitch Lewis and Davies-Uniacke. Fogarty and Lewis my biggest two as they are the two who have moved from constantly losing their position to being big winners, and surprised me the most.

Good list.

From a Freo point of view, Clark has blossomed by being given a “fair go”, Young is natural progression with an injury free season.

Silvagni is doing what he always does. Hasn't improved much and will never be a star, but is a solid, consistent performer and a heart and soul type who always gives 100%.
His numbers are very similar to last year and his numbers from 2019. I think it's just opposition supporter opinions that are changing now that he's on a winning team and they're possibly watching him more closely.
Fair point, I always thought he was junk, but I guess a role player stands out more in a better side.

Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Improved 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back