SBI

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs
Anyone else watch it?

Considering the only non-American film was Babe it was a bit of a joke.

Can't believe Life is Beautiful wasn't in there.

there's a few italian films from the post war period that are classics, like 'rome open city' which should be on the list.

SirBloodyIdiot said:
Can't believe Life is Beautiful wasn't in there.

Since it was an American show I can unfortunately. A very ethnocentric nation. There are quite a few non-American movies that should have been there:

A Beautiful Life
Three Colours: Red
Shine
Billy Elliott

But what more can you expect from the yanks?

It was an US Film Institute List, hence the bias

I had no idea this show was on but was really hooked. I liked it (even though the order was wrong in many instances). I tried to stay awake but couldn't do it.

Did they do the top 5 and what were they? Shawshank Redemption was my pick at #1

Bombers_Forever said:
It was an US Film Institute List, hence the bias

I had no idea this show was on but was really hooked. I liked it (even though the order was wrong in many instances). I tried to stay awake but couldn't do it.

Did they do the top 5 and what were they? Shawshank Redemption was my pick at #1

Shawshank was 23. They did a top 5 but offhand I can't remember but I know that To Kill a Mockingbird, Rocky and It's a Wonderful Life were in it.

What a pathetic top 5, based on the 3 mentioned

Shawshank had to be top 10 at least........grrr........

5 -
4 - Rocky
3 - Schindler's List
2 - To Kill a Mocking Bird
1 - It' a Wonderful Life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the_big_sav said:
best thing about the count was they played rocky straight after.

'ey, yo, adrian'

Haha, I know. All I had in my TV guide was "TBA" so I flicked over after the MotoGP race to see what was on.

I love Rocky! :D

I only saw the last 20 odd I started watching during the break in the cricket. What I found funny was just about the inspiring scenes they showed from the films I have all seen before on the Simpsons.

Warwick said:
I watched it for 20 mins and was bored out of my brain. Typical American rubbish with films like Rudy being mentioned.

Why would a mention of Rudy make it "typical American rubbish". Rudy is a true story and is absolutely inspiring.

Mr Eagle said:
Not a guy thing, I can assure you. I only saw it a few years ago and was staggered by how bad I found it.

I like you. :thumbsu: Very overrated movie in my opinion, and probably not too inspiring unless you're a wannabe boxer or something. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Inspiring Movies of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back