Most Inspiring Movies of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg Miller= Messiah said:
I only saw the last 20 odd I started watching during the break in the cricket. What I found funny was just about the inspiring scenes they showed from the films I have all seen before on the Simpsons.

i know. matt gorening mustve been a big fan on the movies. on the list rocky and to kill a mockingbird deserved their positions but the shawshank redemption was an outcry. also life is beautiful is one of the most astounding films ive ever seen and it can never be forgotten.

The Dice Man said:
When you take into account that Sly Stallone funded, wrote and created Rocky, you might get an appreciation for its appeal.
That's inspiring/good and all that. I don't dispute that (just the movie itself). :)

The Dice Man said:
Also the fact the hero loses at the end goes against the normal Yankee happy endings.
How is that dude losing inspiring? "Wow he lost after putting in heaps of effort". The only thing that would do is inspire people not to try. :p

Nah, I'm kidding. I know lots of people like the movie and that's cool. It's just not my cup of tea, but nobody else likes the movies I like either. :)

What the deuce? said:
That's inspiring/good and all that. I don't dispute that (just the movie itself). :)

How is that dude losing inspiring? "Wow he lost after putting in heaps of effort". The only thing that would do is inspire people not to try. :p

I know you're kidding and all but I'll try and explain why it is a such a brilliant film adored by millions and millions.

Rocky is kinda like all of us, he's just a little fish trying to make it if you know what I mean. He's dirt poor and the odds are against him all the way. He finds love, repsect and recognition in the film, but by virtue of him losing the fight, he wins everyone's respect by giving every inch of himself in is quest.

The entire story is more about a little guy beating the odds. The sequels are different again and are more your typical hero-movie cliche, but Rocky I was not about that at all. It was about self, and having the beleif in yourself I guess.

Should be mentioned too, that it was made in 1976, and is probably one of the first films of its style. Sylvester Stallone gets spoken of as a malke bimbo often, but I think that pays much disrespect to the talent he had in fighting to get HIS script made... In a way the story of Rocky and its sequels(where he gets fame and wealth) mirror Stallone's very own life.

As a sidepoint, before Rocky Stallone was a pr0n actor, making his debut as 'Stud' in The Party at Kitty and Stud's.

It was pretty ordinary.
THe bits that got me where when they were talking about a crime movie or a movie with a court case and they were saying 'this movie really helped us see that the system does really work'. Its a movie!! How does that show you anything!!

The clincher was when it said how Americans love an underdog and how they always cheer for the underdog :D

Greg Miller= Messiah is right on the money re: simpsons. i think the movie where sidney pottier builds the church is one such adaptation?

i remember watching hoosiers as a young teenager....very inspiring.

for me movies like to sir with love, guess who's coming to dinner are up there. movies like ghandi and shindlers list are movies that i havent seen but i can fully understand their importance and sense of inspriation.

Hard Ball Get said:
The clincher was when it said how Americans love an underdog and how they always cheer for the underdog :D

i threw up in my mouth and swallowed when i heard that. what a load of crap.

i paid little attention most of the actors/directors who commented on the movies as well...with the exception of speilberg. just puts our 20 to 1 commentary to shame doesnt it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Inspiring Movies of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back