USAEagle

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Huskies Seahawks Mariners
I am just wondering what moment in a movie is everyone's favourite.

At the moment, mine is in The Shawshank Redemption when Andy Dufresne plays the Duettinao Sull'Aria from The Marriage of Figaro, and all the prisoners just stop and stare at the PA Speakers, as if that 3 minutes and 30 seconds is just suspended in time. Gives me gooseflesh just thinking about it. Of course I am listening to it as I type this.

The most moving moment in a film ever would have to be in Home Alone where old man marely comes to save Kevin from the two crooks with his shovel despite the myth the old man was the "South Bend Shovel Slayer."

That moment was so beautiful.

rotk2417.jpg

"My friends, you bow to no-one."

lloydbraun said:
The most moving moment in a film ever would have to be in Home Alone where old man marely comes to save Kevin from the two crooks with his shovel despite the myth the old man was the "South Bend Shovel Slayer."

Sniff

lloydbraun said:

hahaha. :thumbsu:

Probably that bit in transformers the movie when hot rod opens the matrix of leadership and 'The touch' plays in the back ground, and you hear optimus prime's (RIP) voice say "ARISE RODIMUS PRIME" and he throws Galvatron through the eyeball of Unicron "It's the end of the road for you, GALVATRON!"

Only scene in any movie ever, that has made me cry.

You start a thread that one would think would actually be interesting and it is hijacked by a bunch of five year old kids.:confused: And Eagles supporters too. Bloody Hell!:mad: Except for Gabby. Good answer.

USAEagle said:
You start a thread that one would think would actually be interesting and it is hijacked by a bunch of five year old kids.:confused: And Eagles supporters too. Bloody Hell!:mad: Except for Gabby. Good answer.

Err, that bit on Transformers is pretty awesome dude - have you even seen it before you decide to criticise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

USAEagle said:

That is the youth of today for you.

I quite like a couple of other scenes in Shawshank, namely when Andy gets the workers beers and they drink it on the rooftop, and also Morgan Freeman's "I hope" segment at the end.

As for other movies... too many to list and too hard to remember off the top of my head.

Kenny_01 said:
That is the youth of today for you.

I quite like a couple of other scenes in Shawshank, namely when Andy gets the workers beers and they drink it on the rooftop, and also Morgan Freeman's "I hope" segment at the end.

As for other movies... too many to list and too hard to remember off the top of my head.

Shawshank is the most overrated movie ever, it's just a steaming pile of crap and it has me flabbergasted how so many people rate it as a classic.

It's just crap. Utterly crapola, a pile of fecal matter. It's as if someone defecated onto tape and called it the shawshank redemption. Because it's just sh*t.

I tihnk you can see the point I'm trying to make here.

That's the problem with you boomers, you're all greedy idiots who've had everything handed to you your whole lives, as a result, your brains haven't evolved enough to actually tell the difference between human fecal matter and a film.

Harp of Burma: both the scene where the captain talks to the hidden main character in the storage shed about going home, and then when the main character dressed as a monk talks to his comrades at the prison wire explaining that he won't be returning to Japan and what he has to do in Burma.

Quite odd being in a cinema when everyone is crying.

End of Dersu Urzala is pretty moving too.

Gabbie said:
At the end of Schindlers List when the survivors are accompanied with the actors who played them along with the decendants as they walk towards camera.
No for me it was earlier in the movie. You see the little girl in the red coat walking down the street, she cant be more than 5-6.In a sea of black and white people her coat stands out... then later you see the body cart and atop the pile of black and white bodies is the red coat and you know her life is ended...the futility of war

rick James said:
That's the problem with you boomers, you're all greedy idiots who've had everything handed to you your whole lives, as a result, your brains haven't evolved enough to actually tell the difference between human fecal matter and a film.
And thats the problem with you Young Turks... you think your opinion counts.

It is YOUR opinion that SR is crap, it is OUR opinion it is a well made movie.

Optimus Prime on the other hand is for kids

PerthCrow said:
No for me it was earlier in the movie. You see the little girl in the red coat walking down the street, she cant be more than 5-6.In a sea of black and white people her coat stands out... then later you see the body cart and atop the pile of black and white bodies is the red coat and you know her life is ended...the futility of war

Too True but some big mouth i know told me that scene before i saw the movie so I didn't have that "moment" as I was waiting for it to happen.

i'm just going at the top of my head right now, but one moment that always gets to me is the last scene of Godfather II, where it's a flashback to 1941 and Michael has revealed he's enlisting in the army. The fact that this noble and idealistic young man ends up a cynical, cruel thug, who kills his own brother always saddens me.

... following on from that:

"I know it was you, Fredo."

Great scene.

PerthCrow said:
And thats the problem with you Young Turks... you think your opinion counts.

It is YOUR opinion that SR is crap, it is OUR opinion it is a well made movie.

Optimus Prime on the other hand is for kids

And your opinion is wrong, and based on the fact boomers are easily impressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Moving Movie Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back