Most Moving Movie Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

rick James said:
Probably that bit in transformers the movie when hot rod opens the matrix of leadership and 'The touch' plays in the back ground, and you hear optimus prime's (RIP) voice say "ARISE RODIMUS PRIME" and he throws Galvatron through the eyeball of Unicron "It's the end of the road for you, GALVATRON!"

Only scene in any movie ever, that has made me cry.
Thing is, I know rJ is actually serious here. He's made mention of the Transformers movie before. And to tell the truth, when I saw it back in the 80's old, I was pretty moved by this scene as well.

As for the scene that moves me the most? When Sean Connery gets shot in The Untouchables is pretty good. I'll have to come back to this one.

rick James said:
Probably that bit in transformers the movie when hot rod opens the matrix of leadership and 'The touch' plays in the back ground, and you hear optimus prime's (RIP) voice say "ARISE RODIMUS PRIME" and he throws Galvatron through the eyeball of Unicron "It's the end of the road for you, GALVATRON!"

Optimus >> Rodimus! When Opt dies, that is more moving than when crappy hot rod gets the matrix! Surely :)

rick James said:

Hmmm I actually agree with this one. I'm not sure what effect it would have on me nowadays but back when I first saw it, it was very powerful stuff so I think it applies to this thread.

As for other memorable moments. There was plenty of great lines and stirring speaches from The Lord Of The Rings trilogy from "For Frodo" before the final charge to the already mentioned "My friends, you bow to no-one".

DB10 said:
... following on from that:

"I know it was you, Fredo."

Great scene.
The scene with Fredo where he saying his sick of being treated like the dumb brother and then his death out on the lake
The scence in Awakenings when after Deniro wakes up he meets his mother for the first time

moistie said:
As for the scene that moves me the most? When Sean Connery gets shot in The Untouchables is pretty good. I'll have to come back to this one.

I agree, I was actually swearing when that happened, damn you and your over-confidence!!!!!

The Dice Man said:
The scene where Bambi gets killed. :(

Yep - Any animal movie usually. It's not the world's greatest movie but the scene towards the end of K9 where James Belushi's German Shepherd has been shot at and he's charging into the hospital with the dog in his arms and demanding they fix it right away OR ELSE.. gets me every time.

Yeah, that Connery Scene in the Untouchables was one of mine as well.

Has anyone seen "Antoine Fisher"? The scene where Fisher comes into the house and all those family members he never knew he had greet him.

"Dragonfly" when Kevin Costner looks into the basket and sees his baby daughter.

In 'Old Boy' when the protaganist finally realises that his new 'girlfriend' he'd been shagging all movie, is actually his daughter whom he hadnt seen since she was 4.

That was pretty damn moving.

USAEagle said:
You start a thread that one would think would actually be interesting and it is hijacked by a bunch of five year old kids.:confused: And Eagles supporters too. Bloody Hell!:mad: Except for Gabby. Good answer.

Just pop off your soapbox for a minute USAEagle and consider this. It was a joke. What has being Eagles supporters got to do with any of this? Would you prefer we stick to the stright laced upper class fancy pants, wouldn't know a joke if it bit us on the bum stereotype that everyone has given us?

Give me a pint of beer and a laugh anyday. I'm sorry that our responses, that were merely in jest (though Home Alone obviously is a very emotional movie), have upset you, but honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munich, when the terrorists are being shot down on the runway but just before the last one is killed, he turns his gun on the athletes who are being held hostage and opens fire. The looks on the faces of the athletes just beforehand are pretty touching.

Ive got a couple.

One of them isn't in a movie, but its moving all the same. In The Sopranos when Silvio picks up Adriana and tells her Chris is in trouble (or something like that, can't really remember right) and that she has to go with him. Halfway through the trip she figures out what is really going on and starts crying.

In the Godfellas when Joe Pesci is about to be 'made' and RDN is waiting for the news, when he gets the call and figures out what happens, thats pretty moving as well.

In Song For A Raggy Boy when the Priest goes ape **** on the brothers who met to greet each other for Christmas. Near heartbreaking.

And i guess when Arrested Development got cancelled :( :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Moving Movie Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back