Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton fans offer a ready supply of excuse Walsh notes.

Decent B+ player no doubt but has significant unaddressed weaknesses in his game.
AFL Finals MVP 2023 - despite not playing in the GF

A “decent B+ player” doesn’t do that

Heeney had been a significantly worse player than Walsh to the same point in their careers and look at how highly touted he is now

Would never refer to him as overrated despite this being the only season he has produced anything near Walsh’s 30 brownlow votes season

Just a dumb call, it’s okay to be wrong

Carlton fans offer a ready supply of excuse Walsh notes.

Decent B+ player no doubt but has significant unaddressed weaknesses in his game.
1718938529988.png

Cope more, B+ players don't win Gary Ayres medals playing 3 of 4 games.

Walsh skull ****ed the entire Sydney team in the Elim Final last year, and I was there to see it. It was beautiful.

Sydney supporters are up and about this season, would love to see them again in September at the G. Walsh will embarrass them again.

So the last winner of the Normie is an A Grader.

Walsh remains an over rated player when he cannot boot the Sherrin. Still a very solid B+ player and that is great.
Isaac Heeney in his first 6 seasons managed 29 brownlow votes

Sam Walsh managed 30 brownlow votes in his 3rd season alone

And not a soul would’ve called Heeney overrated in 2019

I would rate Walsh ahead of any player on our list including CC, and Cripps

His disposal efficiency hasn’t been great this year but it’s at the same level as Warner’s despite averaging 6 more touches a game. Nobody would call Warner overrated

Just a dumb opinion man, let it go

So the last winner of the Normie is an A Grader.

Walsh remains an over rated player when he cannot boot the Sherrin. Still a very solid B+ player and that is great.
Walsh has come 4th in the Brownlow, won the rising star, won last year's best finals player award (despite not playing in the grand final where they get double points in that award). Has the highest posession stats on average per game if every AFL player since the start of 2022. Had serious back surgery this year and has polled coaches votes in nearly every game since. Played like an absolute gun tonight and looks like he is starting to get some confidence in his kicking. Over rated? Come on man.

Walsh has come 4th in the Brownlow, won the rising star, won last year's best finals player award (despite not playing in the grand final where they get double points in that award). Has the highest posession stats on average per game if every AFL player since the start of 2022. Had serious back surgery this year and has polled coaches votes in nearly every game since. Played like an absolute gun tonight and looks like he is starting to get some confidence in his kicking. Over rated? Come on man.

Solid B+ is not shabby. Some former B+ players from my mob featured in the Brownlow. Walsh benefited from the media hype, particularly early days when they were desperate to chuck the Blues any sort of positive story.

Solid B+ is not shabby. Some former B+ players from my mob featured in the Brownlow. Walsh benefited from the media hype, particularly early days when they were desperate to chuck the Blues any sort of positive story.
He's a long, long way better than a B+ player. I reckon that he will be absolutely cherry ripe come September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s death by a thousand cuts with those guys.
It used to do my head in when Buckley was coach and gave Mitchell a free rein at the Hawks. He killed us all the time.
I think Buckleys strategy was that Mitchell was doing to start cramping really badly after the 50th possession and have to be taken off the ground. 😎

Kicked the same number of goals as Charlie did in last years finals???
Oh and he's a Premiership Player (overrated I reckon you'll say)

Who was that kicked the magic goal there from the Nick Daicos Handball?? You know before Sidey sealed it from 90m out :rolleyes:
That Sidebottom goal grows 2 metres a month 😎 it was a decent kick I’ll grant you.

View attachment 2025429

Cope more, B+ players don't win Gary Ayres medals playing 3 of 4 games.

Walsh skull ****ed the entire Sydney team in the Elim Final last year, and I was there to see it. It was beautiful.

Sydney supporters are up and about this season, would love to see them again in September at the G. Walsh will embarrass them again.
Had his arse handed to him only a few weeks ago at the SCG. Skull ****** ???? Who are you One of the skin heads from
Romper Stomper ?

Stengle.

Or Steggles. Certainly played like a sweet chilli chicken tender last night, no wonder there were so many seagulls.

Definitely crap against Carlton, but he has been absolutely stellar this year and no where near the most overrated player in the AFL as per the thread title.
He'll go very close to AA and that is not overrated.

If we wanna pot some Cats I'd look at Mark Blicavs, Tom Stewart and Jeremy Cameron before I'd look at Stengle.

Definitely crap against Carlton, but he has been absolutely stellar this year and no where near the most overrated player in the AFL as per the thread title.
He'll go very close to AA and that is not overrated.

If we wanna pot some Cats I'd look at Mark Blicavs, Tom Stewart and Jeremy Cameron before I'd look at Stengle.
Yep poor last night v the blues but nowhere near as poor as Thrawn call.
That's Grade A garbage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back