Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good exercise

(Ade) Fogarty - He's good when he actually has it but he can't find the bloody ball
(Bri) Berry - Too many dumb decisions
(Car) McGovern - Plays easiest role intercepting
(Col) Moore - Decision making and disposal is questionable
(Ess) Draper - Throws weight around but what else?
(Fre) Hughes - I don't think he's rated by fans but he's close to the Shaun Atley category of "How did he play this many games?"
(Gee) Bruhn & De Koning - Stiff but these two don't strike to me as high rise up and comers as much as others think
(GC) Ballard - It's not his primary job but I hate key defenders that make you close your eyes when they dispose of it
(GWS) O'Halloran - Not really rated that high but decision making and disposal bad. GWS hard team to find someone
(Haw) Lewis - Hard cause best defender on him, don't understand the talk of him being awesome however
(Mel) Sparrow - Thought he'd elevate for Brayshaw but is still just average in my eye
(NM) Zurhaar - Has moments, don't rate him highly
(PA) Aliir - See McGovern, easiest role
(Ric) Broad & Koschitzke - Broad is just a role player imo. Kosi based on pick 43(?) he was traded for. Should provide a bit more
(Stk) Bonner - Personal pet hate player so far this season. Hope people don't get sucked in with kick and meters gained stats
(Syd) Rowbottom - This guy shouldn't be in convos with Gulden, Heeney, Warner
(WC) Hough - Contentious and still young. Despite good defensive efforts, makes god awful decisions
(WB) English - Ruckmen are overrated as a whole. Gawn is the only one worth big money
Top 20 by kick efficiency for 2023 season, minimum 10 games played

1693790185436.png

Hough been pretty good for us is steadily rising as a player one of our most reliable defenders

Has to be Lachie Schultz. Pick 35 and a top 10 pick for a mediocre pressure forward who looks like he's been putting in serious hours down at In-N-Out Burger. Brutal.
No idea why they didn't target Gresham so they can keep their first rounder, they're a Daicos ACL away from giving you guys a top 7 pick.

Bailey Dale gets a fair bit of praise for his offence, but he will get a bag kicked on him and no one bats an eyelid.

Last edited:
Weitering
McCluggage
Neale
Darcy Moore
Petracca
Wardlaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely Max Holmes. The level of hype from the media is staggering. Hes a serviceable player but beyond that is debateable

EDIT: I'm keeping this post here because I don't believe in hiding things but I definitely got this wrong. I underestimated Holmes until I watched several of his games and really delved into what he does and brings to the team. He's like Willem Drew for Port. Lacks the finesse but is pivotal to the teams structure.

Last edited:
Definitely Max Holmes. The level of hype from the media is staggering. Hes a serviceable player but beyond that is debateable
Last year you might have had a point.

Got a lot of puff pieces written that off-season, and had a pretty good year, but that's all it was.

Has taken the jump this year though. Another month or so of this form and he'll have joined the elite bracket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back