Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

He is relatively plain.

He has some subtleties to his game that make him quality though. He doesn't burst out of contests forward like an LDU, but he has a nice bit of agility combined with composure and awareness when in traffic to release quality handballs.

His two way running is insane as well. He consistently makes run down tackles, quite often stopping a shot with a HTB tackle.

He spreads like a winger as well, very inside and outside, he has even played some wing this year when we have had Serong, Fyfe and Young in thr middle.

If given the go to role he would go close to 40 touches most weeks, but he's happy doing what ever role we need with the great balance of our midfield 3 atm.

I'm not really sure he's overrated. Serong and Young are getting all the praise atm. I don't often see Brayshaw hyped up too much anywhere, do you?

I'm not sure what the stats are after this week, but we are BY FAR the leading clearance team in the comp atm. We are over +150 clearances across the season. Next best is Sydney and Brisbane with +50, so we are tripple the next best.

Brayshaw is a fantastic player with a well rounded team first game and some excellent runs on the board already in his career. Stupid call by someone to nominate him as over-rated.

LDU would be up there

Pretty good player, and is extremely talented.

But is not consistent enough to be called a superstar.

Not a top 10 mid.

No all Australians or BNFS.

People compare him to Chris Judd. Judd had a norm, multi aas and a Brownlow to his name by LDUS age.

I get he’s been in poor teams most of his career, but that never stopped others.

Normally tears it up against a poor team once a year and everyone says he’s the next big thing but usually pretty solid the other 22 games of the year.

Yes, before you go after my team. Yes I go for saints and yes I know we’re shit. And yes we would kill for someone like ldu !

McKay another miserable performance in a must win game.

Ben Brown MKII.

Clayton Oliver.

Moving like a div 12 ressies footballer.
Jeez, how hath the mighty fallen. Seriously, what has happened. Any Demons fans care to offer an explanation?
And yes I know there has been some off-field drama but a player like him never loses his talent. So if it's not talent then it's got to be his will and motivation that has evaporated.
A year ago I would have murdered to get him in a Cats jumper. Now, I wouldn't even jaywalk across a busy road to get him

Jeez, how hath the mighty fallen. Seriously, what has happened. Any Demons fans care to offer an explanation?
And yes I know there has been some off-field drama but a player like him never loses his talent. So if it's not talent then it's got to be his will and motivation that has evaporated.
A year ago I would have murdered to get him in a Cats jumper. Now, I wouldn't even jaywalk across a busy road to get him
He simply looks like he doesn't give a shit anymore. He's become unfit and lazy.

LDU would be up there

Pretty good player, and is extremely talented.

But is not consistent enough to be called a superstar.

Not a top 10 mid.

No all Australians or BNFS.

People compare him to Chris Judd. Judd had a norm, multi aas and a Brownlow to his name by LDUS age.

I get he’s been in poor teams most of his career, but that never stopped others.

Normally tears it up against a poor team once a year and everyone says he’s the next big thing but usually pretty solid the other 22 games of the year.

Yes, before you go after my team. Yes I go for saints and yes I know we’re shit. And yes we would kill for someone like ldu !

probably fair enough tbh

This week it's Rowan Marshall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched him play on the weekend and thought of this thread immediately.

His first five kicks all missed targets. Nice mark tho.
Daicos misses a lot of targets, the comp talks him like he is the new Gaz Jnr.

Darcy parish his numbers look good each season but just a vanilla player that has little impact

This was pretty good though.

Skip to 4:00

I think everyone can see the potential talent. Kid could be almost anything. But he does also look like he has massive tickets on himself and the media massively hypes him too. Way more than any first year player should be

Will be interesting in how he balances all of that.

Oh but Sheezel is the GOAT
There are other threads for that sort of foolishness.

He did have 30+ possessions and kicked two goals, after injuring his ankle halfway thru the second quarter and being unable to run properly. But calling any player the potential GOAT before they're 25 borders on football illiteracy.

Oh but Sheezel is the GOAT
You watch Sheezel play for the first time this year, he plays 2.5 quarters because of injury and has 30 touches and 2 goals. You then decide he is overrated and has minimal impact with his touches, no one was talking about Sheezel in this thread or the JHF thread

Hahahaha I wrote that Sheezel thread in complete jest but it’s aged so incredibly well

I knew he was talented but I didn’t think he could genuinely be a potential generational player

At this point I think you must be a huge nuffy if you don’t recognise that he will be a generational talent

Hahahaha I wrote that Sheezel thread in complete jest but it’s aged so incredibly well

I knew he was talented but I didn’t think he could genuinely be a potential generational player

At this point I think you must be a huge nuffy if you don’t recognise that he will be a generational talent
Generational would indicate he is far above and beyond the other players in recent drafts. And he's not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back