Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Hayward would be playing for Box Hill in another life.

Brodie Grundy, towelled up by a VFL ruckman..

Isaac Heeney
Dean Rampe
Papley

downhill skiers

If we were going from todays take it’s Nick Blakey for sure. He is a shocking 1 on 1 defender and too unfit/lazy to play in a wing.

Think he needs to get fitter and move to a wing. Come finals time, he isn’t a defenders butthole

Will Hayward would be playing for Box Hill in another life.
No, but he’d get a game anywhere comp wide
Brodie Grundy, towelled up by a VFL ruckman..
He beat Fort and would beat our rucks too
If we were going from todays take it’s Nick Blakey for sure. He is a shocking 1 on 1 defender and too unfit/lazy to play in a wing.

Think he needs to get fitter and move to a wing. Come finals time, he isn’t a defenders butthole
Bad game but he’s a jet

No, but he’d get a game anywhere comp wide

He beat Fort and would beat our rucks too

Bad game but he’s a jet
TBH I just looked at the stats and was surprised with Brodies possessions and hit outs, I just assumed with the complete dominance Brisbane hit out centre bounces that Brodie must have been terrible..

TBH I just looked at the stats and was surprised with Brodies possessions and hit outs, I just assumed with the complete dominance Brisbane hit out centre bounces that Brodie must have been terrible..
Grundy wasnt overly effective in the GF. He had an average game but he is rated for a reason.

Blakey 100% must be the most overrated player. The media have been losing their minds over him but he has become a liability. Does way too much running from half back where he should be using his team mates better. Turns the ball over too much, blind kicks are hit and miss. Very underwhelming defensively in contests.

Chad Warner

Had 1 good season. Will be interesting if he does move over to a WA team at some point. I can seem a Tim Kelly situation occurring - Huge pay and huge cost to the club that gets him, but reverts back to being just an average player not worth the money spent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad Warner

Had 1 good season. Will be interesting if he does move over to a WA team at some point. I can seem a Tim Kelly situation occurring - Huge pay and huge cost to the club that gets him, but reverts back to being just an average player not worth the money spent.
your avatar too lol

Grundy wasnt overly effective in the GF. He had an average game but he is rated for a reason.

Blakey 100% must be the most overrated player. The media have been losing their minds over him but he has become a liability. Does way too much running from half back where he should be using his team mates better. Turns the ball over too much, blind kicks are hit and miss. Very underwhelming defensively in contests.
Blakey is a gun player, it's not his fault they lost.

The media love him because they're all mates with his dad.

His game was like Ballantyne's in 2013, got plenty of it but hurt his team neatly every time he did.

Chad Warner

Kelly has been very good for the Eagles, the problem was the starting Eagles midfield all got injured when he joined them and he's had to play a different role.

Blakey is a gun player, it's not his fault they lost.
It is partly his fault. He played a stinker. That moment he ducked his head then sooked at the umpires while he opponent waltzed off and kicked a goal was telling.

It is partly his fault. He played a stinker. That moment he ducked his head then sooked at the umpires while he opponent waltzed off and kicked a goal was telling.
I know it was regular season but we exposed him big time. his game was not necessarily shut down but we were happy when he got the ball because he consistently turned it over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back