Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy is no longer that fantastic but people saying he was flogged yesterday are having a laugh.
I don't think he was great, not flogged but he certainly lost imo.
he always gets good stats but you gotta watch him closely.

even Daniher pushed him off in a ruck contest. who is a pinch hitter.

If we were going from todays take it’s Nick Blakey for sure. He is a shocking 1 on 1 defender and too unfit/lazy to play in a wing.

Think he needs to get fitter and move to a wing. Come finals time, he isn’t a defenders butthole

Exactly my nomination. For exactly those reasons.

The amount of hype loose defenders get who have no ability to actually defend is amazing. He was brutally exposed yesterday and not for the first time. Apart from being killed by Ah Chee, he then had the bright idea to not even bother to man up on Rayner 10 metres out from goal. It was glorious.

Apart from him, seeing Papley disappear into oblivion for two Grand finals in a row is something to truly savour.

Last edited:
I don't think he was great, not flogged but he certainly lost imo.
he always gets good stats but you gotta watch him closely.

even Daniher pushed him off in a ruck contest. who is a pinch hitter.

And moments like that will happen. Daniher at one point also grabbed a ball out of the ruck with no one laying a finger on him, inexplicably tried to shrug a tackle that wasn’t being made on him, then to complete the farce, took an air swing with his attempted kick.

Grundy comfortably won the hitouts across the game, Sydney actually matched Brisbane for clearances and centre clearances etc.

That’s not to say he had any impact on the match he obviously didn’t but a guy with 28 hit outs and 18 contested possessions is the least of yours concerns on a day where you have 30-odd tackles to three quarter time

Last edited:
Really don’t know how they ever got games let alone someone rated them. I am sure when you go though stats of best games ever games by midfielders, their ‘opponent’ that day were one of the Crouch brothers.
They had the two highest disposals in the 2017 grand final yet Adelaide were well beaten

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back