Most rigged umpiring I've seen for a while.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Took three blokes on, was caught. Then players fell in his back.

Holding the ball first every day of the week.

That is what i meant. Still cant believe he got a free from that

If its true that Scott whined about the umpiring then he is literally the biggest sook in the game.
I thought it evened out as we got on top and the 2nd half was quite good.

Evened out for the second half but not over the whole match. Neutral umpiring over the game would have delivered about a 4 to 5 goal win.

Well you guys can top this thread off with a good old Scott sook.

Within the first minute of his presser he had a sook about us getting soft free kicks resulting in goals.
They are accustomed to having partial umpiring to help them win games, plus they have a Selwood, free kick milker. The umpires today, did their best to get them off to a crushing start but probably remembered that they could get benched like the knobjockey from last week if it was too obvious, nobody wants to miss the finals.
I'm waiting for the sooking to start about not being allowed to play at the home of finals football, or being able to play in a stadium that can close its roof to stop the swirling wind, its what i expect from the Scott bros

Took three blokes on, was caught. Then players fell in his back.

Holding the ball first every day of the week.

Oh yes, it was a disgrace. Exactly how I read it too.

You guys got pinged for holding the ball in similar situations.

Within the first minute of his presser he had a sook about us getting soft free kicks resulting in goals.

If that's a joke, he's a ****ing disgrace!

Pathetic sook

Am re watching the match and just got to first qtr and how Suban can get done for holding the ball when he has 4 people on him over 200 kg and he is trying to move or shake but can't due to the weight and gets done for no genuine attempt seriously

Think it really was a home ground thing...plenty of times Cats were holding the ball but we just couldn't be vocal enough to have any influence

Please listen to his presser again. At no stage does he blame the umps. Its more directed at his team for giving them away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please listen to his presser again. At no stage does he blame the umps. Its more directed at his team for giving them away.

Thanks - and spot on.

I think it's all in the eye of the beholder - ask a Geelong fan and they'd think that Freo got a few 50/50 frees in front of goal at clinch moments (e.g., Sandilands elbows Lonergan in the head, Lonergan holds his shirt, free goes to Sandilands).

End of the day, the better team won. Umpires didn't impact the outcome.

The worst decision was the goal review in the second quarter..The goal umpire said ...and I know because I replayed it "..I think it was a goal but I want to check if it was touched." To which Troy Pannell (Umpire 28) recalled the boundary umpires and asked them. One said "I think it was touched" and the other didn't know.

Troy Pannell then said "Ok so we think it was touched" (that's not what the goal umpire said half wit!) to which the goal umpire agreed ...changing his mind. Pannell then turned round, did his dramatic review signal and said "checking to see if it was touched" So when it came back as "Umpires Call" it was a behind.

So number 28, Troy Pannell, who booked Dawson, basically made the goal umpire agree with him, changed the initial call. and cost us 5 points.

Awful umpiring

At the 57sec mark mentions "giving soft free kicks' the only person who can give a free kick is an umpire.

The worst decision was the goal review in the second quarter..The goal umpire said ...and I know because I replayed it "..I think it was a goal but I want to check if it was touched." To which Troy Pannell (Umpire 28) recalled the boundary umpires and asked them. One said "I think it was touched" and the other didn't know.

Troy Pannell then said "Ok so we think it was touched" (that's not what the goal umpire said half wit!) to which the goal umpire agreed ...changing his mind. Pannell then turned round, did his dramatic review signal and said "checking to see if it was touched" So when it came back as "Umpires Call" it was a behind.

So number 28, Troy Pannell, who booked Dawson, basically made the goal umpire agree with him, changed the initial call. and cost us 5 points.

Awful umpiring

It actually came back confirmed touched. They must have better hd than me.

Pretty shocked to hear Geelong complaining about frees. As a neutral observer I thought you guys were clearly on the rough end of it.

That first half was an absolute joke of umpiring. The second half was a lot better umpired but the umpires gave Geelong about 3 goals in the first half, and nearly could have been 5 or 6 if those players were accurate.

The most biased umpiring I've seen against Freo for a couple years.

The first free kick in particular just set the tone, when big Pods just comes up and starts roughing people up, Dawson fires back in the exact same manner and gets reported. Hilariously awful.

How do you reckon Mundy went today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Most rigged umpiring I've seen for a while.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back