Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Presti_is_god
From the Pies:

Simon Prestigiacomo
Scott Burns
Paul Licuria
Shane Wakelin

All dont get alot of recognition

I don't think any of them are under rated. The vast majority of dedicated football followers know they are all good, above average players. Everyone rates Scott Burns highly don't they?.

Good examples are Tom Harley, Andrew Embley, Roger Hayden and Melbourne's Nathan Brown - great players that are rarely mentioned outside of their own club's supporters and rarely noted in the media.

I like the way the Dee's quite achievers in Miller and Nathan Brown go about there footy.

At North I'd rate Harris as one player to keep an eye on when he actually gets a run (JYD doesn't know what he's got....to win you need your better players on the ground...footy basic fundemental )
:rolleyes:

Well I'd say a couple of Melbourne players, but their supporters make me hate them (if they were as good as you f*cken say they'd have a flag by now!)

Gotta be Tom Harley. The bloke is a gun.

Tyson Edwards from Adelaide is probably not the most underrated player, but I guess the fact that he has not be listed here may say that he is. Anyway he is rarely described as one of Adelaide top tier players but any one who has seen him play throughout his career would agree that he is a player of the highest standard.:cool:

The right stuff?

The trouble with very talented left footer, Chris Ladhams is that he has absolutely no right foot abilities at all. And it doesn't take the oposition long to work that out. He will always be a bit-player at The Corporation and will probably be moved on at the end of the year.

That said, Roger James is one who never gets the respect he so richly deserves.

Bowyer goes alright,plenty of ticker. I'd go Adam Simpson though,i know he's Captain at North but he gets over 30 touches each week and the Umps rarely give him a vote. Brett Kirk's very similar as is Tyson Edwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon-

Andrew Welsh
Jason Johnson
Dean Solomon

Two pretty good midfielders in that mix that were labelled to be in the "worst midfield in the competition" at the beginning of the season...

Maybe Scott West, if he played for someone like Sydney, Brisbane Collingwobbles or Essendon then he would be like a Kelly, Black, Licuria or Johnson

I think David Haynes is pretty good, not sure of the concensus, have a feeling maybe a bit underrated.

Lappin and Thorton for Carlton.

Maybe Mcgough (but if underrated by anyone it's prlly M Malthouse) good to see him getting some games now atleast.

Antonio Grover seems to be doing pretty well for little recognition i reckon.

I think the most under rated are the blokes who do there jobs every week and get little if no recognition. Blokes like Makepeace (North), McCrae (Brisbane), Parker (Freo), Baker (Saints) the list goes on.

People in the know are aware that guys like this are essential to the success of the team. Most of the time the only recognition they get is from the most important person, the coach, who puts them in the starting 18 week in week out.

Originally posted by roweman
roger james

Agree strongly with this and I'm not even a Power fan. The man is not fast and athletic but he is an absolute ball magnet and always seems to have so much time, you never see him rush a disposal or get tackled. Would like to see him on Lou's handball competition because on the field it looks like one of the best in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

most underrated in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back