Most Underrated Team?

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll see.

North Melbourne are going backwards. Back line and Forward line is weak, Harvey is your only midfielder better than ours, Simpson is finished, Pratt is a poor man's Watson and Harris pfft!!! Roos have made the finals on the back of desperation, a quality trait, but they just don't have the cattle to challenge for a premiership! ;)

You have shown yiu know nothing about our club by omitting Smith from our best 22.

Be off now, grown ups are talking.

Hawthorn.

Never seen a team talked down so much after winning a premiership even though we were the only team to have a win against everyone last year.

Don't you know you only won because the cats didn't turn up on the day - just like the Weagles didn't in 2005?

Incidentally, I thought both games were the most enjoyable grand finals this millennium.

But hey, your only 1 elite midfielder away from the flag arn't you?

According to you the Bombers are up there in every position :rolleyes:

Theres no need to preach to the holy, North has been one of the most successful sides of your lifetime.

It must really hurt.

Yeah its strange that. Apparently we need KPP's and they need a midfielder but didnt Essendon draft a KPP with their first pick and North draft a midfielder.

KPs take longer to develop than midfielders! ;)

You have shown yiu know nothing about our club by omitting Smith from our best 22.

Be off now, grown ups are talking.

Who would you take out of the North team I named then?

I bet you think all the players on your list are guns. Why do you think everyone doesn't rate North Melbourne? Cos we all agree your list has little ability, but what it lacks in ability it has excess in "shinboner spirit"! Hahaha

Pissa!

KPs take longer to develop than midfielders! ;)

Exactly, we have far to many on our list.

Hence taking 5 midfielders in the draft...........

I bet you think all the players on your list are guns. Why do you think everyone doesn't rate North Melbourne? Cos we all agree your list has little ability, but what it lacks in ability it has excess in "shinboner spirit"! Hahaha

Pissa!

I'll freely admit that the Swans list has little ability. Who gives a toss if your list makes the finals consistently, whether they have a high level of skill, or whether they are just able to work together as a team?

I see NM as a very similar team to the Swans in many regards, most notable their style of play, and nature of their team. NM supporters might not like me saying that... but the Swans, Crows and Roos all seem relatively similar.

Pissa!

For the same reason they rate St Kildas. They have NFI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you know you only won because the cats didn't turn up on the day - just like the Weagles didn't in 2005?

Incidentally, I thought both games were the most enjoyable grand finals this millennium.

Er... of course... I mean, the match would have been SO much closer if they'd been switched on! :confused::eek:

I'll freely admit that the Swans list has little ability. Who gives a toss if your list makes the finals consistently, whether they have a high level of skill, or whether they are just able to work together as a team?

I see NM as a very similar team to the Swans in many regards, most notable their style of play, and nature of their team. NM supporters might not like me saying that... but the Swans, Crows and Roos all seem relatively similar.
We seem similar because media wise we're always written in the same vain. The funny part is, the media don't actually take part in the coaching and performance of an AFL team. It's an old cliche in Melbourne, but their job is to sell newspapers. How many times in Melbourne you've heard Collingwood and Essendon have the best of everything, and yet one has won one flag since 1958, and the other has been a basket case since 2001. Yet every year we continually hear about how this year will be "the one".

I think your finals record has a lot to do with why people don't rate you higher.

Same with the adelaide crows.

Our finals performance might have alot to do with why people dont think we are a genuine premiership contender but surely our home and away record should be enough for people to rate us as a definite finals chance.

Our finals performance might have alot to do with why people dont think we are a genuine premiership contender but surely our home and away record should be enough for people to rate us as a definite finals chance.
Absolutely. I think you will make the finals again next year.

I think you have a good team but doubt it will take you to a premiership.

Pissa!

The problem with our lot at the moment, as demonstrated by Rd 22 and the elim final, is a lack of bloody spirit.

And no, I don't think they are all guns. But we certainly have more than you.

I would say North...But just as people stodd up and took notice they cost themselves. It appeared as if they would make the 4 again and finally earn the respect of the football world, but unfortunately their choke against Port Adelaide cost them. I do not believe that they are underrated, I believe they over perform. Just my opinion.

Carlton are the most over rated team in the comp the media love there lack lustre efforts. At the moment people are tipping them for top 4 and I expect the media to jump on board soon enough. A poll last year on the carlton board had 60% of supporters predicting a top 6 finish.

Id say that was some major over rating.
Read the thread ****wit

You don't have the same room for improvement because of your continued mid-table finishes which leave you in limbo with early finals exits and mediocre draft picks. We've had 4 long years in the bottom 5 and hence have got plenty of the top end talent on our list. Sure you had some impressive wins this year but you also copped a few thumpings with Round 1 being quite notable. The Roos aren't going anywhere and continued mediocrity poses massive problems for the future of your club.

We have rebuilded while being competitive, a lot of players Essendon has put on over the last 5 odd years have gone nowhere in a hurry so you haven't been able to be competitive.

We beat the Hawks in a semi last year and played in a preliminary final, sure the two we lost weren't great but those results were largely due to the midfield not being good enough during finals but you rebuild by getting ruckmen, getting KPPs and then getting midfielders, would have been nice to get the midfielders first but it is the wrong way to rebuild. This year we were in the box seat for 4th spot, again. We stuffed up and got knocked out in the wet up in Sydney in an elimination final, hardly disgraced. Now that the focus is on the midfield and the ruckmen/kpp are starting to get some experience the team will start to get stronger.

So what is the reason Essendon is so confident of being so superior? Another bottom 5 finish with a workman 8 wins for the season, for all that mediocrity you picked up a handy player but Ziebell with pick 9 could end up a better player. There is just not the incentive to stink that there once was as drafts are getting fairly deep for quality.

Sick of hearing talk from Essendon and Carlton about how good you are going to be. Do something before you start stroking your pole, actually, just make the top 8 because seriously, if you can't even make the top 8 given some of the sides that have snuck in recent years then you are so far off the pace it is not remotely funny.

We have rebuilded while being competitive, a lot of players Essendon has put on over the last 5 odd years have gone nowhere in a hurry so you haven't been able to be competitive.

We beat the Hawks in a semi last year and played in a preliminary final, sure the two we lost weren't great but those results were largely due to the midfield not being good enough during finals but you rebuild by getting ruckmen, getting KPPs and then getting midfielders, would have been nice to get the midfielders first but it is the wrong way to rebuild. This year we were in the box seat for 4th spot, again. We stuffed up and got knocked out in the wet up in Sydney in an elimination final, hardly disgraced. Now that the focus is on the midfield and the ruckmen/kpp are starting to get some experience the team will start to get stronger.

So what is the reason Essendon is so confident of being so superior? Another bottom 5 finish with a workman 8 wins for the season, for all that mediocrity you picked up a handy player but Ziebell with pick 9 could end up a better player. There is just not the incentive to stink that there once was as drafts are getting fairly deep for quality.

Sick of hearing talk from Essendon and Carlton about how good you are going to be. Do something before you start stroking your pole, actually, just make the top 8 because seriously, if you can't even make the top 8 given some of the sides that have snuck in recent years then you are so far off the pace it is not remotely funny.

Not confident of being superior but I was impressed we managed to attain 8 wins considering so many things went wrong injury wise, and adding to this one of our greatest ever players retired, we had a new coach, new game plan, people widely tipped us for the spoon yet we showed when we had most of our players available we were at least competitive and managed to string some victories together which gave many Essendon supporters hope for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Underrated Team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back