MotoGP MotoGP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that why I find the races boring now? Na, I feel like it’s fizzled out since likeable characters have left or passed away. :(

The sprint idea doesn’t work as if they need a mini race and a main race. Bring back the old days of racing please where there were rivalry’s, even though Martin and Bagnaia seem to have a rivalry, it’s not the same as a Marquez and Rossi rivalry, then again I enjoyed all of Rossi’s rivals…

Though even when it was Lorenzo v Marquez rivalry it was better than the ones they produce nowadays…
And Dovi v Bag was good..

Is that why I find the races boring now? Na, I feel like it’s fizzled out since likeable characters have left or passed away. :(

The sprint idea doesn’t work as if they need a mini race and a main race. Bring back the old days of racing please where there were rivalry’s, even though Martin and Bagnaia seem to have a rivalry, it’s not the same as a Marquez and Rossi rivalry, then again I enjoyed all of Rossi’s rivals…

Though even when it was Lorenzo v Marquez rivalry it was better than the ones they produce nowadays…
And Dovi v Bag was good..

All fair points Cool. It’s boring due to …….

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The first thing that has to happen is for Yamaha to pull their finger out and get their bike back up there. Quartararo should be a perennial championship contender, and they've made him a back half bum. He doesn't belong there.

If the sprint races are lame, that's because they're not sprint races. 1/2 GP race distance is a long, long way. It's short GP. A sprint race would be 3-5 laps.

I'm going to say the really old guys lose out because back in the day, the IoM TT was a bigger deal than winning a WC, even though the IoM was part of the WC, and the guys also had their fair share of IoM wins.

Not that MotoGP'll ever acknowledge it. Bbut over the years, anecdotally, I've had the impression that up until the 70s, American racing was better than WC level. More stacked and more money. The level of the WC lifted when the Yanks started coming over.

Marquez misses out a bit because he's of the later generation and a beneficiary of favourable programs and softer tracks.

Rossi is in that in-between part.

The old guys lose out because there's less and less people who can anecdotally rave about how good they were and little footage of their amazing feats.

Never heard anyone ever dispute Hailwood was the best of his era.

Rossi was a beneficiary of having a grand prix race winning father, softer competition early in his to class career and overnight special Michelin tyres.

There's reasons to knock down anyone's achievements depending on who one favours.

A GOAT is a fun topic to chat about but it's ultimately impossible to compare significantly different eras like Rossi to Lawson.

It’s a sanitised sport now about tire tech , electro steering etc. I probably only watch 1 and 2 moto these days.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The old bikes were more raw but it's always been about tech. That's what has pushed progress.

I think the current bikes are just as hard to take to their absolute limit but more forgiving for the mid to lower pack riders, hence no one gets lapped anymore.

I wonder if Kelso has a tinge of regret not betting on himself and signing for another mid-pack team for next year so early. Form has been getting stronger and stronger and with a while bunch of riders leaving Moto3, could've been a candidate for promotion to a better team or at least some continuity with his current team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that sucked. I have to go through my internal process to point the finger of blame at either Bagnaia or Marquez.
Marquez bro’s have the quality to cut the line instead of passing others carefully and avoiding a collision…
Poor Bag lost his lead by 1 pt last night and now is further behind from someone else’s fault

Bagnaia had every right to have a go after Marquez made his mistake the corner earlier but he just couldn't quite get ahead by enough.
Marquez hanging off the inside of the bike means he really can't see where Pecco is.
Baggy is limited by the single line slippery surfaces to not run much wider and so their lines converged.
It's just an unfortunate racing incident.

Nice ride by Kelso. He looked frustrated after the finish. Seems to be consistently down on top speed to the other riders and spent nearly the entire race yo-yoing between nearly dropping off the back and catching up again. Consistently riding with the leaders is good form for him.

Roulstone and Agius both had good solid points scoring rides.

Remove this Banner Ad

MotoGP MotoGP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back