Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

im from the WBFL and just wondering how strong the wimmera league is. How would the league measure up against the wbfl or the stronger hampden league
Well Slash I lived down in the South West for 5 years & played a handfull of games in the Western Border, played & supported the Wimmera for many years. I haven't followed the Western Border for a number of years now but would say its probably a stronger league. The Western Border sits 15th, the Wimmera 13th in the VCFL Championships though. The problem with the Wimmera league is The Empire (Horsham Demons) have dominated the league for the best part of the last decade. They would compete wth any Western Border club. The Wimmera league would be nowhere near the Hampden.

How does your interleague team look for this Saturday against the Yarra Valley? Do some of your best players get "injured" for interleague? Actually, if the rain keeps up you'd probabaly be better off sending a swimming squad!

How does your interleague team look for this Saturday against the Yarra Valley? Do some of your best players get "injured" for interleague? Actually, if the rain keeps up you'd probabaly be better off sending a swimming squad!

Probably gonna be pretty ordinary local! Horsham have won last 8 flags and are undefeated this year, they have two in i think plus schultz boys not playing who have reps. vcfl. The ex afl blokes who play for nhill i doubt will play. In saying this there is a lot of great local young talent keen for the big, big trip over.

According to the VCFL website the YVMDFL won by 6 points. Be interested to hear from your blokes their thoughts on the facilities at Woori Yallock. I don't think the YVMDFL will ever be considered as a "major" league due to the sub-standard facilites their clubs use. And believe me, there's plenty worse than those at Woori.

Any word on the footy last night?
YVMDFL 15-12-102 def WFL 15-6-96. WFL in front by small margin at each change. YVMDFL came from behind in the last to win by six points.
Wimmera FL

Goal Kickers: D. Parish 5, J. Burke 4, A. Batchelor , S. Schultz , A. McKinnon , T. McKinnon , C. MIDGELY , D. HARGRAVES
Best Players: A. McKinnon, J. Delahunty, B. Harrison, S. Schultz, D. Parish, T. McKinnon

David Berry a Craig Mclaclan and Check 1-2 fan??

Listening to ABC radio with Rebecca 8 JUne and she played a request Craig Mclachklan and Check 1-2 song I wasnt familiar with it but it was quite ghastly the request came from a DAvid Berry.

Im not sure if it is THE David Berry probably someone taking the piss ,on the other hand Im not too sure it is the kind of inane, mediocre, half hearted, lame musical arrangement that only Collingwood supporters and neurotic middle aged housewives with a Craig Mclachan fixation can like. Nothing shocks me anymore.

David Berry a Craig Mclaclan and Check 1-2 fan??

Listening to ABC radio with Rebecca 8 JUne and she played a request Craig Mclachklan and Check 1-2 song I wasnt familiar with it but it was quite ghastly the request came from a DAvid Berry.

Im not sure if it is THE David Berry probably someone taking the piss ,on the other hand Im not too sure it is the kind of inane, mediocre, half hearted, lame musical arrangement that only Collingwood supporters and neurotic middle aged housewives with a Craig Mclachan fixation can like. Nothing shocks me anymore.
No, he really is a Craig McLachlan fan;).

On another subject, Horsham Demons to easily take the Pelican Cup.

Does anyone here know a bloke by the name of Andy Brennan who apparently used to run around for the Rats? Was he any good?

Yeh played with Ararat and then Uni Blacks in the VAFA. Good player, fairly tall and huge tank with nice skills. Flanker or winger probably. Havent seen him play for quite a few years but used to go alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see a late clearance for M Jennings from Stawell to Demons!! Whats the go there? Could he be a handy addition? Stawell knocked back the first clearance and a second has been lodged.

Nhill WTF??
there new coach must be a dead set ****. they have a better side than last yr on paper.
who is coaching them this yr?

A 5 yr old girl??

Very suprised they havent sacked her yet

Certainly not last weekend. Does anyone think they can bounce back from that next time they face Horsham?? Can Stawell be a threat with an in form Tuckey and full list??

Grant Schultz took himself off at half time for a ‘rest’. The Nhill president has not even been turning up to some matches. Looks like the two big contenders are done and dusted?

Big problems for the Tigers with the Saints doing a job on them today. No Hargraves. 178 - 97. A long time since the Saints have kicked 28 goals. Saints had the services of the Roosters Pat Barber and Rebel Rory Taggert who both played well. Thompson a very timid footballer.

Where are the Diggers going. Seniors are terrible, Reserves woeful and no U17's, U14 bottom. Curtains? Some tough decisions to be made by the league/VCFL.

Big problems for the Tigers with the Saints doing a job on them today. No Hargraves. 178 - 97. A long time since the Saints have kicked 28 goals. Saints had the services of the Roosters Pat Barber and Rebel Rory Taggert who both played well. Thompson a very timid footballer.

Where are the Diggers going. Seniors are terrible, Reserves woeful and no U17's, U14 bottom. Curtains? Some tough decisions to be made by the league/VCFL.

Not sure I agree with all there Puss. United seniors have been competitive and I don’t think there are any decisions to be made by the league of the VCFL.

There are some issues with the Tigers camp for sure. I would imagine they will have a pretty interesting summer.

There are some issues with the Tigers camp for sure. I would imagine they will have a pretty interesting summer.

On the Tigers, what sort of coin are they handing out to Hargraves, Thompson and Batson? Must be a pretty penny in the those ducks.
Incredible to see the likes of Steve Graham at 53 and Kenny Smith still running around in the Magoos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back