Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Small town clubs always have ups and downs. Sometimes bad decisions from management happen, but we shouldn't have a crack at them for that.

Lack the will?

Not sure what you mean by this fancy but kids are kids and they have their own lives to lead outside football. It is a bonus for all local clubs to have quality juniors coming through but they aren't the players who should lead the way. It is the culture of the middle aged players of the side who are letting nhill down.

When I say ‘lack the will I’m not talking about anyone from Nhill as such. There just seems to be a growing number of young men in Wimmera Mallee towns happier to be smoking cones on a weekend rather than playing sport.

I think Nhill is really well run.

What are the options for some of these more remote clubs like Nhill? Recruiting is nigh impossible without huge$. Is a merger with Kaniva a possibility? Could Dimboola merge with Jeparit-Rainbow etc?

Participation rates are falling but down side to mergers is that available spots for junior players decrease as well.

What are Nhill options? They are or at a minimum have been a well run club for many years but geographically and demographically they are really up against it.

Hey Slenko. Just had a couple of Empire questions for you. Will Stuart Farr get a game come finals once all players are available? Also, who are the selectors at Horsham?

Probably, but there are more then a few at City Oval who would not have him in their best 22.
You love starting inuendo don`t you fancy. I think stuey would be in the side and he is very servicable on a forward flank. It also stretches most backlines in the league with him in, as you have Parish, Burke, Skurrie and Farr as rotating forwards. Not many sides have the bodies to match that in a forward line!! Have you seen a Demons game this year or do you just comment on hear say!!! What do you think slenko?

What about the little pest Batchelor and the big Pie eater trying to get back into the 1's? Surely they shouldn't be trying to keep the kids like Beau Nelson out of a game for a bit more glory at the detriment of the club. A few insiders believe they should have given it away last year.

How many weeks for Burke? Any more than 4 and he misses the big one.

What about the little pest Batchelor and the big Pie eater trying to get back into the 1's? Surely they shouldn't be trying to keep the kids like Beau Nelson out of a game for a bit more glory at the detriment of the club. A few insiders believe they should have given it away last year.

How many weeks for Burke? Any more than 4 and he misses the big one.

It will be interesting to see how consistent the tribunal is in regard to behind play incidents i.e. G Kelm

It will be interesting to see how consistent the tribunal is in regard to behind play incidents i.e. G Kelm

Surely a player would not get less then 10 weeks if found guilty? Common assault is common assault. If the alleged incident happened in Wilson St then there would be a prison sentence.

A little carried away there Fancy :eek:.

Kelmy ended up with 10 weeks (4 suspended) for a kinghit behind play caught on camera. Burke apparently has thrown the elbow back and coped the guy in the face. Can see the 6-8 week holiday for the Ranga. League will make another example. Frustration from the Demons camp that its taken 5 weeks to get to the tribunal you'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You love starting inuendo don`t you fancy. I think stuey would be in the side and he is very servicable on a forward flank. It also stretches most backlines in the league with him in, as you have Parish, Burke, Skurrie and Farr as rotating forwards. Not many sides have the bodies to match that in a forward line!! Have you seen a Demons game this year or do you just comment on hear say!!! What do you think slenko?

I have seen five Demons games this year and I can tell you they are an awesome team who will not be beaten any time soon. I made no comments on hear say, I simply asked a couple of simple questions. I think your description of the coach as being ‘very serviceable’ says quite a lot. You also said you ‘think’ he will be in the side. I think he will be in the side as well, and I suspect with both think he will be in the side for the same reason.
It may be that the chatter from the inner sanctum becomes a mighty roar before grand final day.
Slenko has been on line for quite some time now but....you know.

A little carried away there Fancy :eek:.

Kelmy ended up with 10 weeks (4 suspended) for a kinghit behind play caught on camera. Burke apparently has thrown the elbow back and coped the guy in the face. Can see the 6-8 week holiday for the Ranga. League will make another example. Frustration from the Demons camp that its taken 5 weeks to get to the tribunal you'd think.

That’s the first eye witness description I have heard of the incident so, yeah, maybe 6 odd weeks is more on the mark.

I have seen five Demons games this year and I can tell you they are an awesome team who will not be beaten any time soon. I made no comments on hear say, I simply asked a couple of simple questions. I think your description of the coach as being ‘very serviceable’ says quite a lot. You also said you ‘think’ he will be in the side. I think he will be in the side as well, and I suspect with both think he will be in the side for the same reason.
It may be that the chatter from the inner sanctum becomes a mighty roar before grand final day.
Slenko has been on line for quite some time now but....you know.

Farr is taking up space in the Demons forward line, the bloke can't kick a drop punt these days. He has been a serviceable player for the dees in past years but needs to bite the bullet and put his team first. He's past it. This is a bit of a go at Stuey but he and his team must surely realise that he is no longer a threat, he lacks pace, marking ability, ground skills and only kicks goals due to the constant chances given by the midfield. His skill remains as a leader so thats what he should be looking at. Leading his team into it's 9th successive grand final victory. The team that makes it into the grand final against the dees would be happy to see stuey in the mix rather than a beau nelson or scott batchelor.

The next question I'll put to the forum is who will make the grand final to compete against Horsham?

Stawell Dimboola or Warrack?

Last time I see Demons play Stuey kicked 6 as a roaming forward. I know he is carrying a very bad injury hanging over from a summer operation. He also kicked 4 goals against Stawell a few weeks back.

Hoping to get to demons v saints game this week to watch Jordy Burke play and see how he has coped with the week. Will watch Stuey with interest to see how he performs.

Saying that some players are just inspirations to team mates by just being out there, but as I said last time I watched Stuey he was in best 4 players for demons.

The next question I'll put to the forum is who will make the grand final to compete against Horsham?

Stawell Dimboola or Warrack?[/quote]

Warrack Eagles!!!! Stupid question :confused:

HAWKAS1887 you are an absolute tool, pull your head in! Why is that a stupid question? Warrack eagles aren't exactly setting the world on fire are they! Anyway who would Horsham least like to play in the GF & i would say Stawell i think that matchup would be the closest out of all the teams IMO. Dimboola started the season very well but have dropped off a bit but i reckon they will get the double chance to give them a good shot at the GF & with players like the Exell brothers, Mckinnon, Bennett, Baker, Braithwaite & Watts in good form will be an interesting finals series other than Horsham obviously!
How I think the ladder will look after all games-
Horsham
Warrack
Dimboola
Stawell
Saints

HAWKAS1887 you are an absolute tool, pull your head in! Why is that a stupid question? Warrack eagles aren't exactly setting the world on fire are they! Anyway who would Horsham least like to play in the GF & i would say Stawell i think that matchup would be the closest out of all the teams IMO. Dimboola started the season very well but have dropped off a bit but i reckon they will get the double chance to give them a good shot at the GF & with players like the Exell brothers, Mckinnon, Bennett, Baker, Braithwaite & Watts in good form will be an interesting finals series other than Horsham obviously!
How I think the ladder will look after all games-
Horsham
Warrack
Dimboola
Stawell
Saints

I agree, Stawell are the only snowball that has anything. Brimackabeal are not in the race.

I agree, Stawell are the only snowball that has anything. Brimackabeal are not in the race.

Fancy you imbosile. warracknabeal has an 'n' in it. I am sick of you saying Brimackabeal, which is bad enough, but atleast get it right.

To say the Eagles are not in the race is ridiculous. They are the only team to come close and to even beat them in recent years. With a lineup consisting of the Schultz brothers and Ben Harrison, of which all 3 have represented Victoria as a minimum. Throw in Pete Weir, Ben spicer, the Krahe brothers and the George brothers you have got yourself a very handy team when they are all fit and on the park.
Eagles pushed the demons all the way a couple of years ago in Dimboola and i believe they have far better cattle on the paddock this year.

Stawell have a very handy half dozen top tier players but they fall away pretty quickly after that. I beleive the Eagles are the only side with the depth to push the demons all the way.

I look forward to seeing a very close grand final between the eagles and the demons come the 24th September!!

Fancy you imbosile. warracknabeal has an 'n' in it. I am sick of you saying Brimackabeal, which is bad enough, but atleast get it right.

To say the Eagles are not in the race is ridiculous. They are the only team to come close and to even beat them in recent years. With a lineup consisting of the Schultz brothers and Ben Harrison, of which all 3 have represented Victoria as a minimum. Throw in Pete Weir, Ben spicer, the Krahe brothers and the George brothers you have got yourself a very handy team when they are all fit and on the park.
Eagles pushed the demons all the way a couple of years ago in Dimboola and i believe they have far better cattle on the paddock this year.

Stawell have a very handy half dozen top tier players but they fall away pretty quickly after that. I beleive the Eagles are the only side with the depth to push the demons all the way.

I look forward to seeing a very close grand final between the eagles and the demons come the 24th September!!

It’s imbecile not imbosile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back