MRP has lost the plot

Remove this Banner Ad

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm a West Coast supporter yet i cant fathom how Charlie Cameron gets 3 weeks for the tackle that concussed Duggan on the weekend.

It was no where near as bad as the "good guy" tackle he got off a few weeks ago.

How the hell are players supposed to predict that an action is going to concuss a player?

I concur. Footballing accidents happen. We have seen footballing accidents given 3-4 weeks this year while close fisted punches off the ball receive just a fine. It is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll also add AFL umpiring is an absolute joke. When I say that I mean the interpretations being thrust upon umpires from AFL. Not having a go at any individual umpires as they job they have been given is ridiculous.

The dangerous chicken wing tackle has been encouraged. Blokes are getting called holding the ball when they haven't had prior opportunity. They are getting tackled in a vulnerable spot and its a lottery; sometimes the ump whistle will blow as soon as tackled and other times they let it go 5 seconds trying to get the tackled player to somehow fashion a kick. That fashioning a kick would put them in a very vulnerable position thus going against the whole concussion and anti-injury stance AFL has taken. Sometimes we have seen incorrect disposal paid, but we also see it not paid. Its a deadset lottery.

Stand rule has definitely relaxed but it means when a 50m is given away there is numerous examples of similar events not paid.

Dissent rule seems to have disappeared as it went from not even looking at the umpire and now seems pretty much free reign, I bet until a big game when something gets paid (as Freo fans will say about the Carlton game).

Insufficient intent is an absolute joke. Guys who would actually much prefer the ball stay in being penalised for skill errors. Also if you get the ball under pressure facing a certain direction (even when being tackled sometimes) what else can you do sometimes but theres no common sense used.

If you give away a free kick you must give the ball back. We see this with players that on their feet who have ended up with the ball in their possession that they must give it back to the player awarded a free kick. Yet if you have clear possession of the ball and get tackled and called HTB for some reason its ok to just drop the ball on the ground and not give it back to the player receiving the free kick. Absurdity.

I have seen an unusually large amount of bad centre bounces outside the circle called play on when one or more ruckman haven't had a fair go at it. Mids have even stopped but its been called play on.

Score review we are reviewing pretty obvious points allowing the defence to setup. Allowing the defence to setup has a far greater impact on the game than what is pretty obviously a point. Also stopping play to see if something was over the line when it was touched or not. Well what if it wasn't over the line and the ball is still in play and we've just stopped a live play? Hasn't been an issue yet that I'm aware of but its bound to happen.

Anyway, that feels better. Thanks for the session Doc. How much is it today? Can I claim on Medicare?

I'm a West Coast supporter yet i cant fathom how Charlie Cameron gets 3 weeks for the tackle that concussed Duggan on the weekend.

It was no where near as bad as the "good guy" tackle he got off a few weeks ago.

How the hell are players supposed to predict that an action is going to concuss a player?
And that was with the Good Bloke discount.

I concur. Footballing accidents happen. We have seen footballing accidents given 3-4 weeks this year while close fisted punches off the ball receive just a fine. It is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll also add AFL umpiring is an absolute joke. When I say that I mean the interpretations being thrust upon umpires from AFL. Not having a go at any individual umpires as they job they have been given is ridiculous.

The dangerous chicken wing tackle has been encouraged. Blokes are getting called holding the ball when they haven't had prior opportunity. They are getting tackled in a vulnerable spot and its a lottery; sometimes the ump whistle will blow as soon as tackled and other times they let it go 5 seconds trying to get the tackled player to somehow fashion a kick. That fashioning a kick would put them in a very vulnerable position thus going against the whole concussion and anti-injury stance AFL has taken. Sometimes we have seen incorrect disposal paid, but we also see it not paid. Its a deadset lottery.

Stand rule has definitely relaxed but it means when a 50m is given away there is numerous examples of similar events not paid.

Dissent rule seems to have disappeared as it went from not even looking at the umpire and now seems pretty much free reign, I bet until a big game when something gets paid (as Freo fans will say about the Carlton game).

Insufficient intent is an absolute joke. Guys who would actually much prefer the ball stay in being penalised for skill errors. Also if you get the ball under pressure facing a certain direction (even when being tackled sometimes) what else can you do sometimes but theres no common sense used.

If you give away a free kick you must give the ball back. We see this with players that on their feet who have ended up with the ball in their possession that they must give it back to the player awarded a free kick. Yet if you have clear possession of the ball and get tackled and called HTB for some reason its ok to just drop the ball on the ground and not give it back to the player receiving the free kick. Absurdity.

I have seen an unusually large amount of bad centre bounces outside the circle called play on when one or more ruckman haven't had a fair go at it. Mids have even stopped but its been called play on.

Score review we are reviewing pretty obvious points allowing the defence to setup. Allowing the defence to setup has a far greater impact on the game than what is pretty obviously a point. Also stopping play to see if something was over the line when it was touched or not. Well what if it wasn't over the line and the ball is still in play and we've just stopped a live play? Hasn't been an issue yet that I'm aware of but its bound to happen.

Anyway, that feels better. Thanks for the session Doc. How much is it today? Can I claim on Medicare?
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

If it was a player from a big Victorian club it wouldn’t have even been looked at.

Did you use that statement when he got off a few weeks ago cos he was a "good guy"?
Well it worked for Bachar Houli, we didn’t even need to get a character reference from the prime minister! 🤣

nice melt :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a shock. A Geewrong supporter sticking up for the MRP - never has a club been kissed on the dick more than the Corio scum
Lol.

Geelong receive the least free kicks and I reckon if you tallied it up probably copped more weeks than anyone over the last 10 years.

Tom Hawkins is still the only player to cop a ban for jumper punches

Lol.

Geelong receive the least free kicks and I reckon if you tallied it up probably copped more weeks than anyone over the last 10 years.

Tom Hawkins is still the only player to cop a ban for jumper punches
well you want to focus on the umps rather than the millions dished out to revamp Kidney Bean Park.

not to mention sweeping under the rug the '07, '09 and '11 flags that were all won with Dank juice.

Toby Bedford's 3 weeks for a standard run down tackle is worse, and perhaps the worst MRP decision in living memory

The AFL has now released the club injury lists for this week.. all 3 clubs involved in tonight’s hearings have their respective players listed on there as “suspension until round 22”, when there are 2 cases still to be heard. You can’t tell me this shit isn’t scripted.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP has lost the plot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back