MRP has lost the plot

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t have 5-6 blokes getting concussed every game either

Hit them / dump them hard enough to concuss and you’re getting weeks is about the only way to minimise it

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
And when has there ever been 5-6 blokes getting concussed in any game let alone every game? That kinda of deluded paranoid thinking we are im this mess.

Theres nothing like those numbers. 5-6 in a whole weekend would be at the very high end probably a near record.

The avoidable ones caused by malice, recklessness, carelessness etc go your hardest. The ones caused by accidental footballing actions leave the hell alone.

And when has there ever been 5-6 blokes getting concussed in any game let alone every game? That kinda of deluded paranoid thinking we are im this mess.

Theres nothing like those numbers. 5-6 in a whole weekend would be at the very high end probably a near record.

The avoidable ones caused by malice, recklessness, carelessness etc go your hardest. The ones caused by accidental footballing actions leave the hell alone.
well i think back before we were aware of concussions, there would have been 5-6 every week, easy. Its just back then they would shake it off and go back on. Remembering how they played in the 80's and 90's i cant see how players didnt get concussed.

So i agree the AFL needed to do something, but they are going about it wrong.

well i think back before we were aware of concussions, there would have been 5-6 every week, easy. Its just back then they would shake it off and go back on. Remembering how they played in the 80's and 90's i cant see how players didnt get concussed.

So i agree the AFL needed to do something, but they are going about it wrong.
But the rules this year are drastically different to the rules even 3 or 4 years ago. We weren't getting 5 or 6 across the weekend 3 or 4 years ago so the need to make these over the top harsh rulings isn't there and thus my response to the poster based on their 5 or 6 concussions a game still stands.

But the rules this year are drastically different to the rules even 3 or 4 years ago. We weren't getting 5 or 6 across the weekend 3 or 4 years ago so the need to make these over the top harsh rulings isn't there and thus my response to the poster based on their 5 or 6 concussions a game still stands.
Oh I totally agree with you - i was talking about the AFL having to make changes after the damage to players who played in the 80's and 90's are coming out now.

With the AFL its all about liability. So they clutch at any straws offered to them to try and mitigate the cases of concussion.

Frankly, i am shocked they dont implement mandatory helmet rules.

Oh I totally agree with you - i was talking about the AFL having to make changes after the damage to players who played in the 80's and 90's are coming out now.

With the AFL its all about liability. So they clutch at any straws offered to them to try and mitigate the cases of concussion.

Frankly, i am shocked they dont implement mandatory helmet rules.
Tbh helmet to helmet clashes is what lead NFL to apply a similar rule due to concussions involving helmets as well.

well you want to focus on the umps rather than the millions dished out to revamp Kidney Bean Park.

not to mention sweeping under the rug the '07, '09 and '11 flags that were all won with Dank juice.
Move the goalposts some more and Jack Darling might actually kick a goal.

If the Eagles want to talk about getting government money, didn't the WA state government shell out the entire cost of Optus Stadium? Billllllllions of dollars?

Not to mention the "very special" Eagles teams of the mid-2000s. Get Ben back to coach - teach the boys a thing or two about athleticism (ie running from the cops)

Just to be clear: the MRP has never had the plot.
Christinanson
Move the goalposts some more and Jack Darling might actually kick a goal.

If the Eagles want to talk about getting government money, didn't the WA state government shell out the entire cost of Optus Stadium? Billllllllions of dollars?

Not to mention the "very special" Eagles teams of the mid-2000s. Get Ben back to coach - teach the boys a thing or two about athleticism (ie running from the cops)
you ok? you seem to think the AFL is a Government body? Perth Stadium is not owned by the Eagles, we lease it, along with Freo, the ACB, concerts and anyone who wants to shell out. Its a multi purpose stadium the State Gov paid for to make money.

GMBABCDEFGHIJ stadium is a pork barrel propped up by the AFL to kiss the Corio scum on the peeny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seem about 10 tackles in origin already that would be life bans in the afl 🤣
Even their game 1 was ruined from a high shot with a NSW tackler sent off after 7 mins, but where the tackled player slipped and head dropped 30cm at the last millisecond. A lot of the rugby people say it was bad technique from the tackler, but still seems pretty unlucky when the guy getting tackled slipped.

Even their game 1 was ruined from a high shot with a NSW tackler sent off after 7 mins, but where the tackled player slipped and head dropped 30cm at the last millisecond. A lot of the rugby people say it was bad technique from the tackler, but still seems pretty unlucky when the guy getting tackled slipped.
Nah NSW scum tried to decapitate Walsh m7.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP has lost the plot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back