Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

So the AFL could have had a quiet word to them and that would have ended it.

Nobody would even know anything about the evening.
Which is what they have done in the past. It's a good thing the afl is finally taking something like this seriously and punishing the act, and not deciding punishments based on media reaction.

& you are within your right to complain to the event organisers and if the governing bodies see fit they can impose penalty’s

It’s exactly what has happened in this situation
Difference is, and going back to my original point, I would think (and hope) that grooming and paedophilia is a stance that we as a society can agree on as being part of our baseline standard of morality. Making dark jokes is NOT part of that baseline.

Difference is, and going back to my original point, I would think (and hope) that grooming and paedophilia is a stance that we as a society can agree on as being part of our baseline standard of morality. Making dark jokes is NOT part of that baseline.
What about a joke or skit making light / trivialising grooming and pedophilla?

Plenty of those types of jokes out there.

I mean have you never heard the countless Michael Jackson jokes?
But there is a time and a place for such jokes if you are so inclined

Work related function in a public facing role for a big company that gains most of its money from advertising wouldn’t be the best platform I would say

So long as it's not a criminal activity.

You all good with reporting on all the players drug strikes when they go down?
It’s not my decision to make
It’s the AFL’s so it doesn’t matter what I think

Plenty of those types of jokes out there.

I mean have you never heard the countless Michael Jackson jokes?
Yeah, as much as I think the players have no right to make Shocked Pikachu Face when a member of staff reported it, let's not pretend that these jokes don't do the rounds on the regular, or that they aren't acceptable at least in some contexts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work related function in a public facing role for a big company that gains most of its money from advertising wouldn’t be the best platform I would say

If the players paid for the venue hire and not the club then it's not a work related function.

Did the club pay for the venue hire?

Obviously permitted in context. You want to criminalize jokes do you?

If the players paid for the venue hire and not the club then it's not a work related function.

Did the club pay for the venue hire?
It doesn’t matter in these matters

But you're hear telling us all what you think about this incident.

So you can't have an opinion then?
I’m not telling anyone what to think, it literally doesn’t matter what you or I or anybody else thinks

My point is that it’s completely between the players and the AFL if they have breached behaviour clauses in the contracts

As it would be with any employer and employee in a similar situation

They didn't get a chance to respond to apologise, they got a chance to be punished. The AFL is a witch hunt. They were all guilty immediately because the AFL is run by people with negative moral fiber in Andrew Dillon, Laura Kane and other sycophantic psychopaths.

The AFL will turbo shit their pants on anything like this now.

There's a women's league dictating every response to any issue that occurs in the men's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back