Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re on shaky ground if we’re saying depictions of sexual assault are ok IF the level of ‘artistry and sensitivity’ is considered to have a met some sort of arbitrarily defined benchmark.

I'm asking you. Do you think making a joke out of sexual assault is funny?

Which sexual assaults are we talking about?

Yeah, I'm probably not leaving it up to the judgement of a group of boozed-up blokes to judge what is and what's not harmless.
If it's between themselves and no one else, and they all agree to themselves that it is not harmless to themselves, then it is not harmless because no one else is involved.

Last edited:

If it's between themselves and no one else, and they all agree to themselves that it is not harmless, then it is not harmless because no one else is involved.
Mate, you're a great poster and a sound thinker. Surely you've thought about this a bit deeper than that. There's a line that can be crossed, even amongst a private room full of people who appear to be in unison. Full agreement on harmlessness shouldn't come with an "anything goes" clause.

I've been in a room of blokes when I was younger full of perceived harmless fun, which with the hindsight of 30+ years later was actually attempted rape. And there's a whole lot of jail cells full of creeps who thought that sharing torture pr0n or kiddie pr0n amongst likeminded souls was harmless.

For the record, I'm not offended by anything that went on in that Giants room. Why should I be? I wasn't the butt of their skits and as a result I've no real right to feel aggrieved or reviled. It obviously wasn't kiddie pr0n on their big private screens, but I'd be a pretty shallow thinker if I didn't recognise that others still might feel humiliated by the Giants stuff.

At the very least, these young blokes were extremely ignorant, and it looks like they are now paying the price for their stupidity.

Last edited:
Mate, you're a great poster and a sound thinker. Surely you've thought about this a bit deeper than that. There's a line that can be crossed, even amongst a private room full of people who appear to be in unison.

I've been in a room of blokes when I was younger full of perceived harmless fun, which with the hindsight of 30+ years later was actually attempted rape. And there's a whole lot of jail cells full of creeps who thought that sharing torture pr0n or kiddie pr0n amongst likeminded souls was harmless.

For the record, I'm not offended by anything that went on in that Giants room. Why should I be? I wasn't the butt of their skits and as a result I've no real right to feel aggrieved or reviled. It obviously wasn't kiddie pr0n on their big private screens, but I'd be a pretty shallow thinker if I didn't recognise that others still might feel humiliated by the Giants stuff.

At the very least, these young blokes were extremely ignorant, and it looks like they are now paying the price for their stupidity.
As I've stated on several occasions, I'm not defending their actions, I'm defending their right to privacy and that would entail the staff that worked there to accept that on their employers directive if that was the case.

We don't know if that was the case, but it should've been.

The idea of it not being public, which one would fairly assume would've been the intent, then that wish for it not to be public should've been upheld.

All of which could've been avoided if the paid for privacy was provided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back