Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Stupid is as stupid does...

You don't get to claim that this doesn't represent the values of your club. The way a group of players act when they think no one is watching shows exactly what the underlying values of your club and your players are. Anything else is lip service.

"Some of the allegations are distressing" sounds like huge bans in the context of this seasons bans for homophobic abuse.
Considering the tame shit that's been released and people are offended by it, excuse me for laughing at the "distressing" claims

Considering the tame shit that's been released and people are offended by it, excuse me for laughing at the "distressing" claims

That wasn't me saying that, that's the quote from the club - I didn't realise it hadn't already been posted in the thread.

This is the press release I was commenting on.

“The Giants and the AFL integrity unit are investigating the players after an anonymous complaint about inappropriate behaviour of the players who wore costumes and performed skits at the function.

The Giants confirmed yesterday the club is aware of allegations of inappropriate behaviour at the players’ end-of-season event last month.

The club is taking the matter very seriously and acted swiftly upon the receipt of the concerns. All parties have co-operated fully with the AFL to ensure the allegations are fully investigated.

Some of the allegations are distressing and entirely contrary to the club’s values and policies. There is also a level of misinformation and rumour being circulated which is entirely inappropriate, particularly while the investigation is ongoing.

The club will comment further once the outcomes of the investigation are finalised.”

Dress up is hilarious and I am sure most people who have had to much to drink at some point in their lives have pushed things a little too far

Also dressing up as someone isn't an endorsement of them...

I actually have a massive issue with the whole "complaint from anonymous" thing.
There's zero accountability.
No chance to challenge them or claim defamation/sue them.

Absolutely pathetic and cowardly.

If it's not direct abuse at the accuser, it should be dismissed if they won't own the accusation.

Last edited:
Dress up is hilarious and I am sure most people who have had to much to drink at some point in their lives have pushed things a little too far

Also dressing up as someone isn't an endorsement of them...

You mean all those kids dressing up as doctors and nurses of death, covered in fake blood and carrying fake weapons for Halloween dont all grow up to be doctors and nurses of death?

What the **** ?

I actually have a massive issue with the whole "complaint from anonymous" thing.
There's zero accountability.
No chance to challenge them or claim defamation/sue them.

Absolutely pathetic and cowardly.

If it's not direct abuse at the accuser, it should be dismissed if they won't own the accusation.
Gws fans should just bombard all the other clubs with wild anonymous claims

CBF reading through the thread but surely it is a beat up. Everything was done privately between teammates. Why is it a big deal? Also, if it was done so in a private function, who dobbed?
It was the equivalent of the Christmas function. If you brought a sex doll to your Christmas party what do you think would happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the equivalent of the Christmas function. If you brought a sex doll to your Christmas party what do you think would happen?
What do you think would happen? (Narrator)
Confused Ryan Reynolds GIF

Man what have they done to my country, can’t even dress up as a rapist and bring along a blow-up doll to represent the women/children they r*ped*

WOKE

* actually turns out you totally can, your employer just might not like it if you’re the public face of the organisation. Who knew. This country, gone to shit.

Do you people hear yourselves?

Pfftt. Melbourne Grammar's finest, getting all “holier than thou” on values and integrity. You have no place reporting on behavioural issues. Give me a break…..

I mean, having a “troubled couples” theme and going as the twin towers is pretty funny.

My thoughts exactly. Brilliant example of dark humour.

The people offended by this are probably the same people who throthed over game of thrones, aired at 4:30pm.

Man what have they done to my country, can’t even dress up as a rapist and bring along a blow-up doll to represent the women/children they r*ped*

WOKE

* actually turns out you totally can, your employer just might not like it if you’re the public face of the organisation. Who knew. This country, gone to shit.

Do you people hear yourselves?

Dark humor at a private event should absolutely be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back