Murphy - Encouraging signs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pavlich didn't spectate at all!

McPharlin is shit too, but at least kicked goals.

Murphy was the WORST player on the ground.
Third quarter, ball hits the ground, his player runs off and gathers a handball on the way out of defence.. Pavlich stands there and watches them run off with it.

Oh and the worst player on the ground was Grover.

Last time I checked having the most disposals doesn't make you the best player, otherwise Andrew Carrazzo would be ranked among the AFL's elite and we all know he's a spud.
Who said he has to rack up 30+ touches? A kick would be a start. He contributed nothing to the team. No forward pressure, no goals, no handy possessions. The goal posts did more for us.

Here you go for starters.

Lead.
Hit the ball hard. Take a contested mark...anytime in any of the games you play...that always helps when your 6' 3"
Chase your man insetad of watching him run off.
Get fricken involved
Don't be as soft as butter

Check
Check (wasn't even givena chance to take a contested mark today if you watched the entire game)
Check
Check (his dive on the ball and strip it was great in the third quarter)
Check.

So, given by that list he stays in the team.

Third quarter, ball hits the ground, his player runs off and gathers a handball on the way out of defence.. Pavlich stands there and watches them run off with it.

Oh and the worst player on the ground was Grover.
You are unbelievable. You are defending a bloke who didn't get a kick, didn't have any presence, and might as well have stayed at home

Who said he has to rack up 30+ touches? A kick would be a start. He contributed nothing to the team. No forward pressure, no goals, no handy possessions. The goal posts did more for us.
No forward pressure? it was his forward pressure that gave Hasleby a shot (and miss) at goal in that last quarter when he stopped Urqhuart allowing Hasleby to tackle from behind.

It is also a little hard to get a possession when one of the shittest midfields going around can't even deliver it properly do you. Am I the only one who can notice this?

Re: Ryan Murhpy....

2 handballs.

That really says it all.

6 possessions last week, 6 the week before that, and 8 the week before that.

A total of 22 possessions over 4 games including this one (if his 2 handballs were his only possessions)

Edit: IP beat me to it, with more info

No forward pressure? it was his forward pressure that gave Hasleby a shot (and miss) at goal in that last quarter when he stopped Urqhuart allowing Hasleby to tackle from behind.

It is also a little hard to get a possession when one of the shittest midfields going around can't even deliver it properly do you. Am I the only one who can notice this?
That was not forward pressure - he was nowhere near tackling the guy. The guy didn't notice Hasleby in his vision - nothing to do with Murphy's pressure.

If Murphy had forward pressure, he would have laid a tackle.

(awaits Brady to say "if tackles meant anything, Solomon would be our best player")

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was not forward pressure - he was nowhere near tackling the guy. The guy didn't notice Hasleby in his vision - nothing to do with Murphy's pressure.

If Murphy had forward pressure, he would have laid a tackle.

(awaits Brady to say "if tackles meant anything, Solomon would be our best player")
Do you even understand what pressure means in Football? Have you ever played a game of football? Seriously, get out there and play one and you'll have an idea of whats going on. Until then you are nothing but one of the typical fans we have around that sits at games and has no clue on what is happening and just yells out random things to fit in.

Do you even understand what pressure means in Football? Have you ever played a game of football? Seriously, get out there and play one and you'll have an idea of whats going on. Until then you are nothing but one of the typical fans we have around that sits at games and has no clue on what is happening and just yells out random things to fit in.
What kind of silly question is that? Of course I have played football. I am not trying to defend a player who hasn't produced.

Forward pressure is tackling. Chasing a bloke half-heartedly and not even corralling him isn't forward pressure. They do that in under 7s. Hardly AFL level stuff.

You're right...none of us have played or watched any footy :thumbsu:

What kind of silly question is that? Of course I have played football. I am not trying to defend a player who hasn't produced.

Forward pressure is tackling. Chasing a bloke half-heartedly and not even corralling him isn't forward pressure. They do that in under 7s. Hardly AFL level stuff.
No, forward pressure is exactly that, pressure. Putting perceived pressure on players to make them mess up kicks/handballs and eventually turn it over. This includes tackling, as well as forcing them backwards or forcing them to stop their momentum forward, ala what Murphy did to Urqhuart.

If you don't understand that then you definitely haven't played footy. I'm going with that, cuase it is quite clear.

Re: Ryan Murhpy....

If Campbell is our hope then we are truly $$$$ed !!
Murphy I thought was a genuine chance to make a go of it, not after today !
icon8.gif

If we can't beat the Kangas, I really cannot see much improvement from last year. The coaching staff have to enunciate that they will not tolerate games like today, particularly from numnuts like Murphy.
Also, some of our guys just make dumb decisions on their own volition.
Duffield in the last three minutes kicking directly to the opposition.
I thought he said in an interview recently that he learnt from mistakes like that.
Bad times, I mean if we are going to go anywhere we've got to beat teams like that at Docklands ! No excuse today, no short week, bad umpiring but it happened early enough.
Very disappointed.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy - Encouraging signs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back