Murphy to nominate for the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

campbell said:
Cartlon have offered a rookie a contract prior to his nominating in the draft.Yep sure eddie is gloating about now.

remember fabian francis, he ended up not playing and sueing Freo.

Why are you reverting allergations about draft tampering etc. Get over it he's just one player and we won't even know if Carlton are going to take him pick one until draft day.

campbell said:
Cartlon have offered a rookie a contract prior to his nominating in the draft.

much like the 3 year backended contract Brisbane supposedly offered him a couple of months back?

Monkster said:
much like the 3 year backended contract Brisbane supposedly offered him a couple of months back?

Brisbane offered him 5 years.

Any team can offer 3 years, however in the first 2 years the amount paid must be what is normally offered for a first round selection, with the third year amount being anything

cypher said:
This just in Hawks overlook the 2nd best player again! :p
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone remotely involved with Hawthorn that is disappointed with our draft picks last year.
How are the Blues feeling these days about: Andrew Walker (pick 2), Luke Livingston (pick 4), Murray Vance (pick 6), Kris Massie (7), and Jordan Russell (pick 9)??

Personally, I'm wrapt Murphy is going to the Blues. Would only have pushed the Hawks down the order if he didn't. Even when I thought we may be getting pick 1, I was never that keen on Murphy. Should be a good player, but too small, and there are a few question marks on certain aspects of his game. Ellis is the premier on-baller in this draft IMO.

OneEyedHawk said:
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone remotely involved with Hawthorn that is disappointed with our draft picks last year.
How are the Blues feeling these days about: Andrew Walker (pick 2), Luke Livingston (pick 4), Murray Vance (pick 6), Kris Massie (7), and Jordan Russell (pick 9)??
Water under the bridge 3 of those names and Russell and Walker will be gun quick, midfielders.Exactly what Hawthorn lack. :)
OneEyedHawk said:
Personally, I'm wrapt Murphy is going to the Blues. Would only have pushed the Hawks down the order if he didn't. Even when I thought we may be getting pick 1, I was never that keen on Murphy. Should be a good player, but too small, and there are a few question marks on certain aspects of his game. Ellis is the premier on-baller in this draft IMO.
And you'd have Ball and Hodge ahead of Judd as well I guess? :rolleyes:
You won't get Ellis either just like you passed on Judd and Griffen for a lesser footballer.

Carlton can offer him what they want - however until he's drafted he/they can't sign a contract so it's nothing more than a handshake.

If they have already signed something . . . we'll that's a different issue.

They have #1 pick - they really don't have to promise him anything.

The father/son rule needs to be looked at after this farce though. If a player can't nominate ten weeks before the end of the season that he wants to go to his old-man's club well he's hardly going there out of sentiment.

Murphy has used the F/S to leverage himself in the draft. It is not what it is intended for and IMO the rules should change in future.

If you can't nominate for a F/S ten weeks before the end of the season, then IMO you are not genuine about it.

Murray said:
I blame Eddie for this
It's probably bigger news for Eddiewood than it is for the Blues, the Blues were always going to get either Murphy or Ellis, now the Pies are guaranteed one of these 2, both teams would be very happy with this news.

OneEyedHawk said:

So Crawford wasnt a good player?
Or Cousins?
Or Arkemanis?

All his size or smaller....

Now id love to hear what the question marks you have over Murphy are....

and how is Ellis the best prospect for a midfielder from this draft???

He doesnt even play in the midfield .. he is a wingman/ hlaf back flanker who plays VERY ouside....

You cant even convince us of stupidity youre so dumb...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

la47 said:
Brisbane offered him 5 years.

Well there you go :) Still shows campbell that you can offer a contract to a player before the draft.

Murphy would be silly not to wait until after trade week before making his declaration.

cypher said:
Water under the bridge 3 of those names and Russell and Walker will be gun quick, midfielders.Exactly what Hawthorn lack. :)

And you'd have Ball and Hodge ahead of Judd as well I guess? :rolleyes:
You won't get Ellis either just like you passed on Judd and Griffen for a lesser footballer
Understand your sentiments, but not your logic.
We did alright with Roughy, Buddy and Chief - don't you worry about that.

Hodgey goes OK, too, btw....

There is no guarantee Carlton will even pick Muprhy. It said in one of the articles they may even go tall with the first pick. Lets hope so anyway...

OneEyedHawk said:

So Murphy has question marks over his game but Ellis doesn't? Go and speak to someone who can tell you the reality of what both boys need to do to adapt their games to AFL.

Unfortunately for him, Murphy looks like the likely loser here.

Supporter bias aside, the deal he has passed up will come back to haunt him I feel.

You can end a career in the snap of a leg bone in this game, he gave up career security for the security of home.

Hurn is the smokey, could be anything, ready made, big booming kick, great size, accumulator, rated just outside the top 3 so Carl, Coll or Haw will take him with their 2nd choice but may agonize over the priority to trump the others

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy to nominate for the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back