Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those places aren't in central locations, Rennie and Deniliquin are at the northern edges in their respective leagues, and as a result the crowd would be lower than if it was hosted at a place that's within easy access to all clubs, that was my point.

To cut a long story short, where will the Grand Final in the MFL be played next season now that Tocumwal's gone ?
Your theory of central locations having the biggest crowds doesn't always run true , let me assure you .
Why shouldn't every club have the opportunity to host finals ?? Gives clubs a reason and bargaining tool with relative council for the upgrade of ammenities .
Deni Rovers have spent almost 300k this year on ammenities , with a fair chunk of that due to knowing they have the grand final .
Whilst plenty of others either have already started or will start in the near future with ammenity upgrades as a result of having finals fixed in place .
Big gate receipts ain't everything and generally provide unbalanced returns to clubs .

Your theory of central locations having the biggest crowds doesn't always run true , let me assure you .
Why shouldn't every club have the opportunity to host finals ?? Gives clubs a reason and bargaining tool with relative council for the upgrade of ammenities .
Deni Rovers have spent almost 300k this year on ammenities , with a fair chunk of that due to knowing they have the grand final .
Whilst plenty of others either have already started or will start in the near future with ammenity upgrades as a result of having finals fixed in place .
Big gate receipts ain't everything and generally provide unbalanced returns to clubs .

I understand that way of thinking about sharing it around (because it helps with sharing the revenue around the clubs, and gives more clubs a greater chance to improve facilities, (which seems to be the case with the Deni Rovers), but I believe that the Grand Final should be at the best ground in the league every year, and that ground should be the home of the Grand Final like Deakin Reserve for the GVFL (for location, facilities, parking, the ability to handle large crowds and get them in and out quickly, etc).

But, tomorrow at Rennie we can see how having it shared around turns out, if there's a noticeable reduction at the gate, and Rennie doesn't have the ability to handle the crowds compared to Katunga, then we'll see.

I understand that way of thinking about sharing it around (because it helps with sharing the revenue around the clubs, and gives more clubs a greater chance to improve facilities, (which seems to be the case with the Deni Rovers), but I believe that the Grand Final should be at the best ground in the league every year, and that ground should be the home of the Grand Final like Deakin Reserve for the GVFL (for location, facilities, parking, the ability to handle large crowds and get them in and out quickly, etc).

But, tomorrow at Rennie we can see how having it shared around turns out, if there's a noticeable reduction at the gate, and Rennie doesn't have the ability to handle the crowds compared to Katunga, then we'll see.
Shepp east is the furtherest drive from Rennie 102klms. Toc to united , Tonny , moama , would not much less . Every Murray league ground could host the MFL grand final with little crowd difference I would suggest as most of the clubs on the outer geographical edge are in or within close proximity of a decent sized town . Also gives the advantage of showcasing the leagues Grandfinals to a larger spectrum of supporters .
Doubt to many without an interest from Lockingtom / Cohuna / Gunbower / Elmore would travel to watch a mfl GF at Toc but most likely would if at united .
There is more to a grand final than boosting the leagues coffers through gate takings .

Keep hearing Lee Ramsdale to coach Barooga in 2014. Great get for the hawks if so, will be great for them.

Joe Mama sorry mate but your prediction re Rennie and Deni were far from what occurred . An even greater example as to why finals should be rotated .

what players will he bring with him is he playing??

No, Ramsdale won't play. Haven't heard of any recruits as of yet, but he's connected & respected and will no doubt have a buldging budget, so expect some improvement from the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does anyone know if cupido will be bringing any big name players to rumba???

He's spoken to quite a few but not sure who's committed as of yet. Think Egan & Whyman are close and he's living in Darwin until Xmas and having discussions with players up here.

He's spoken to quite a few but not sure who's committed as of yet. Think Egan & Whyman are close and he's living in Darwin until Xmas and having discussions with players up here.
Rumba might be a decent team next year if egan and whyman are their I think they need ex afl players as leaders around the club

Joe Mama sorry mate but your prediction re Rennie and Deni were far from what occurred . An even greater example as to why finals should be rotated .

Apart from the goal post snapping off in the seniors, and having the umpires change in a marquee, because the room wasn't big enough to swing a cat, the vibe was reasonably positive about Rennie's ability to host a Grand Final, your first time hosting such an event, there's going to be some things that won't measure up, but if you get the main things right, you should be OK.

The post was a freak accident, it happens, but if they had better amenities for the umpires next time, that would be even better.

As far as the Deni Showgrounds is concerned, that would handle a big crowd no problems, and it seems that that went really well.

But, I'm still a believer in having one location, centrally located that's the home of the league (like Bayswater in the EFL & Elsternwick in the VAFA, etc.), regardless of the merits of moving the game around every year

What happen at the grannie? Heard there was a fight with over 200 involved. Don't shoot me for saying that. Just what I heard

alcohol isn't an excuse for that sort of behaviour. its interesting, that the sheppnews didn't report anything of the incident or win tv didn't run anything. I am sure if it was my club Rumba, the sheppnews, win tv, clubs from the league and keyboard warriors would be calling for us to be kicked out of the league.

You are absolutely spot on Boora.. very disappointing from a league point of view for this to happen at their grand final, but I can see your point about rumba I haven't heard anything about the incident(not sure if its in todays paper though) rumba get jumped on at any chance they can by the media

Yeah heard about it on local radio, and saw the border mail article. The league might have to get a little bit more serious about thug acts like this. Its becoming too common not only in our league but others as well. Im sure the wonderful investigative powers of our league executive will sort it out. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back