Murray Football League - General Thread June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I

congupna are going to be real hard to beat this year. cant wait to pull on the boots for my final season hopefully its a hi!

amen?

congupna are going to be real hard to beat this year. cant wait to pull on the boots for my final season hopefully its a hi!

amen?

And how is that going to happen. From what we are told they have only signed Tyson Sidebottom, Drum will play a hand full of games and there is talk of Bullen doing the same, Emmett and Reeves are back also. I would say that that is no idication of the road being hard to beat since they were easerly beaten last year and really only added 2 full year players. Unless there is a list of other players that no one knows about??

I also heard that Hyde and Crapp are on board at Cobram. Bloody great pick ups if its true, and wont hurt Cobrams side either ;)

Played against shepparton today at bendigo country week and unfortunate for congunpna may have lost a backman today with Daniel burness appearing to have done his knee playing a pull shot. Unfortunate for a good bloke.

And how is that going to happen. From what we are told they have only signed Tyson Sidebottom, Drum will play a hand full of games and there is talk of Bullen doing the same, Emmett and Reeves are back also. I would say that that is no idication of the road being hard to beat since they were easerly beaten last year and really only added 2 full year players. Unless there is a list of other players that no one knows about??

I also heard that Hyde and Crapp are on board at Cobram. Bloody great pick ups if its true, and wont hurt Cobrams side either ;)

Bullen would be playing the entire season if marby clear him, still think they might lack a power forward to be a real shot at a top3 spot! Which hyde are we talking about chris or matt?? If its chris then that would be a huge pick up wouldnt it and add another gun to the leauge, murray leauge vs gvl would be a good game if everyone was availiable! Murray by 3 points:eek:

Bullen would be playing the entire season if marby clear him, still think they might lack a power forward to be a real shot at a top3 spot! Which hyde are we talking about chris or matt?? If its chris then that would be a huge pick up wouldnt it and add another gun to the leauge, murray leauge vs gvl would be a good game if everyone was availiable! Murray by 3 points:eek:

Spoke to a Congupna person the other day and he said that the committee are going to struggle to find the $$$$ that they threw at Sidey!!!! It was said that the amount offered was not an amount that the committee would have offered 1 player.

As much as I think that sidey is a gun, all the opposition have to do is tag him hard and he will have no impact on the game.. not too sure if then they will get the $$$$ worth out of him. But good luck Sidey you are a freak..

Spoke to a Congupna person the other day and he said that the committee are going to struggle to find the $$$$ that they threw at Sidey!!!! It was said that the amount offered was not an amount that the committee would have offered 1 player.

As much as I think that sidey is a gun, all the opposition have to do is tag him hard and he will have no impact on the game.. not too sure if then they will get the $$$$ worth out of him. But good luck Sidey you are a freak..

Pretty sure the comittee was in the interviews to get sidey and every comittee member knew the $$ that was being thrown at him!! Who do oppositions teams tag every week?? Sidey?? Bullen?? Reeves??? Emmett??? 2 or 3 of these players will have little to any pressure on them and there fore will have a ball!! in saying that i feel for the bloke who cops the tag week in week out;)

Pretty sure the comittee was in the interviews to get sidey and every comittee member knew the $$ that was being thrown at him!! Who do oppositions teams tag every week?? Sidey?? Bullen?? Reeves??? Emmett??? 2 or 3 of these players will have little to any pressure on them and there fore will have a ball!! in saying that i feel for the bloke who cops the tag week in week out;)

You can also add Marcus Drum to that GIAW

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but tongala's forward stocks will get a boost with the addition of Seymour premiership hero, patty rattray.

Also watched Craig ednie when he played for waratahs up here in Darwin and he was looking super sharp.. Reports are mul coach scoff o'bryan is looking a million bucks and flying on the track, also..

Have heard Tally full forward from last year BJ Arho has taken big offer and signed with from Barooga?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bj arho getting paid to play?
he is about 6'4", well built, and moves well, but he is'nt smart and couldnt catch a cold.
it will be interesting if he can kick 80 odd goals with a decent defender on him for once, no offense to the kdl.

bj arho getting paid to play?
he is about 6'4", well built, and moves well, but he is'nt smart and couldnt catch a cold.
it will be interesting if he can kick 80 odd goals with a decent defender on him for once, no offense to the kdl.

He didnt trouble the better sides in the KDL anyway. Against the Top3 he returned 2,0 & 3.

He did play a few games for Toc before finding it a bit tough and heading out to Yarroweyah in 2010 I think.

Very true, he was unhappy that he wasn't the main focus & everyone wasn't kicking it to him!! Is way to cocky for someone that hasn't done anything in a major league & untill proven otherwise I think he'd struggle to stay in the side of a MFL team!!

Very true, he was unhappy that he wasn't the main focus & everyone wasn't kicking it to him!! Is way to cocky for someone that hasn't done anything in a major league & untill proven otherwise I think he'd struggle to stay in the side of a MFL team!!

Why is it that blokes in the lowest leauge you can get in the area have the biggest EGOS!! What has this bloke done to prove he isnt anything more than a good average kdl player against the bottom 7 sides:thumbsdown:

Have heard Tally full forward from last year BJ Arho has taken big offer and signed with from Barooga?

Mate arho is going no where he has signed at tally for 2012 as i posted at least 2 months ago!! Love him or hate him if a full forward is kicking 80 odd then most clubs will take that:) Can guarentee he has been training the house down at the redlegs!!:thumbsu:

c

Toc to have another crisis meeting tonight, but the look of things they will not field a reserves team in 2012.

Wasn't that a couple of weeks ago?? I hear that Mr Roe is up to his old tricks again.
Kicked out of Cobram F.C then Berrigan now could it be Toc? Did I hear right? On a positive note for the club they are meant to have worked hard on there 3rds? 25 kids. But might be to little to late. Are they broke or is it bad management?:( Do the league have any fines for not fielding a 2's? How long since this has happened in the Murray league?

Wasn't that a couple of weeks ago?? I hear that Mr Roe is up to his old tricks again.
Kicked out of Cobram F.C then Berrigan now could it be Toc? Did I hear right? On a positive note for the club they are meant to have worked hard on there 3rds? 25 kids. But might be to little to late. Are they broke or is it bad management?:( Do the league have any fines for not fielding a 2's? How long since this has happened in the Murray league?

Heard that Finley have an abundance of kids elgible for playing thirds this year,with many looking like they wont get a game in 2012,.. thus some of these kids are looking to go to Toc, just to enjoy the chance of playing footy. So, is this is the case, have Toc really worked hard on their thirds.Also heard Berrigan, is trying to grab some of these Finley kids as they are very short of thirds players this year after being a power house over the past 3 or 4 years at this grade in the Picola league.

Reserves football is in intensive care!from what I've heard there could be a few GV sides in big bother trying to find reserves players. The MFL is not on it's own with clubs struggling to get reserves

They had a committee meeting last night to discuss having another big crises meeting, they are meeting with MFL delegates today to see how running with no Magoo’s works.
Berrigan would have been the last club to run with no 2’s in 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back