Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

who else has moama recruited from sunbury?
probably only 2s players . i no nothing about moama but who ever is doing there recruiting (from melbourne way) is a disgrace, offering stupid amounts of money ($600-$800) a game to very average footballers . clubs like this are the reason country football is headed for some real big trouble very shortly .

probably only 2s players . i no nothing about moama but who ever is doing there recruiting (from melbourne way) is a disgrace, offering stupid amounts of money ($600-$800) a game to very average footballers . clubs like this are the reason country football is headed for some real big trouble very shortly .
Have heard of a couple of the boys that moama have signed, one is Cam McCabe a very talanted forward/on-baller, will defintely be ranked among the best players in your comp, I have nothing to do with your leauge, I am from down Sunbury way so no need to bullsh#t anyone up there! Another one is Ross Sleight, a very good footballer probably the same age as Cam I think around the 22/23 mark. Another one is a handy forward named Luke Allen he was in and out of the Sunbury seniors the last couple of years.
I agree with your comment of country footballers getting paid way to much, Cam will be worth it not sure bout the others, but in saying that I have a van at Mulwala and having seen a few games there not alone in the way of players getting paid to much and not being worth it.

Have heard of a couple of the boys that moama have signed, one is Cam McCabe a very talanted forward/on-baller, will defintely be ranked among the best players in your comp, I have nothing to do with your leauge, I am from down Sunbury way so no need to bullsh#t anyone up there! Another one is Ross Sleight, a very good footballer probably the same age as Cam I think around the 22/23 mark. Another one is a handy forward named Luke Allen he was in and out of the Sunbury seniors the last couple of years.
I agree with your comment of country footballers getting paid way to much, Cam will be worth it not sure bout the others, but in saying that I have a van at Mulwala and having seen a few games there not alone in the way of players getting paid to much and not being worth it.

Cant see these guys making to much diference to the moama side! First of all they wont be training there and secondly one of the boys is a fringe player in a league not that far greater than the murray (ballarat league from memory). lets hope moama didnt open up the cheque book for a fringe player or maybe lets hope they did.

From what i heard from an insider last year is that Mul trained hard to improve but maybe they went to hard and by the end of the year they were spent as i have watched them the last few years and they are a totally differant side come finals time.

Another problem Mul face is they play on a very small ground by Murray League standards. Come finals time they are found wanting on the bigger grounds. A lot of GV & O&M players that I have spoken to that have come to play for Murray League clubs all say it takes time to adjust to the ground sizes.

i think you need to settle down duke! gooroo just asked a question, he didnt make any statements. i think we all would like some light shed on the mul departures... however when you pay 20 odd players to play you tend to turn away the mid to lower end of your senior list away and then when the mercenarys leave for greener pasture your left with a few reserves blokes and thats no ones fault except for the clubs!!
As a new comer to the league i reckon there is some well overpayed players in this comp, there are blokes that get in excess of 500 per game that wouldnt get more than 100 in melbourne, but thats country footy in the 21 st century.
keep punchin

I tend to agree with the bandit here lads , a man probably should read things through a couple of times before firing up at something that you could have taken out of context . Also I think that players should be happy with a pie and a coke after the game . Blokes fetching 3 , 4 or $500 a game I hope your ready for the pressure ,I think clubs are stupid to pay it , but they do so there you go . But finally " keep Punchin" who are you Palmers punchlines ? anyone else's catchphrase you want to knock off . Show the big footy readers a bit of respect , please . that's my two cents .

I tend to agree with the bandit here lads , a man probably should read things through a couple of times before firing up at something that you could have taken out of context . Also I think that players should be happy with a pie and a coke after the game . Blokes fetching 3 , 4 or $500 a game I hope your ready for the pressure ,I think clubs are stupid to pay it , but they do so there you go . But finally " keep Punchin" who are you Palmers punchlines ? anyone else's catchphrase you want to knock off . Show the big footy readers a bit of respect , please . that's my two cents .

I didn't know that Palmer owned or had the patent on the phrase "keep punchin"?!?!?! Any other commonly used phrases we are not permitted by you to use?:)

Another problem Mul face is they play on a very small ground by Murray League standards. Come finals time they are found wanting on the bigger grounds. A lot of GV & O&M players that I have spoken to that have come to play for Murray League clubs all say it takes time to adjust to the ground sizes.

A few players were not disciplined as far as accountability went and this catches up in finals

I didn't know that Palmer owned or had the patent on the phrase "keep punchin"?!?!?! Any other commonly used phrases we are not permitted by you to use?:)

I'd like if you could avoid the phrase " say hi to your mum for me " , Not because rove own's it ,just because it's crap . All other phrases and cliche's are okay with me . And if possible talk only in cliche's on sundays . And that's the end of that chapter!

Announced tonight at training, Rumbalara's new senior coach for season 2008 is Mark "Mud" O'Meara (I think thats how it's spelt). I don't know much about him, but i've heards he's been around abit in a football sense. Can anyone shed some light on his background?
From what i've seen he knows what he's on about, and I think it's deffinatly a positive move by the club.

FYI. Rumbalara's pre season recommences on January 15th 2008at Mercury Drv. All current and potential players welcome

Announced tonight at training, Rumbalara's new senior coach for season 2008 is Mark "Mud" O'Meara (I think thats how it's spelt). I don't know much about him, but i've heards he's been around abit in a football sense. Can anyone shed some light on his background?
From what i've seen he knows what he's on about, and I think it's deffinatly a positive move by the club.

FYI. Rumbalara's pre season recommences on January 15th 2008at Mercury Drv. All current and potential players welcome

Never heard of him, but I'm sure you blokes have researched well and have got what you need, big year for Rumba and expect them to move quickly up the ladder.

He's overrated..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mud has played alot of country footy and done a bit of coaching over his time. I am supprised that he is doing the rumba job as he was reported to have been offered a few gvl jobs.... why would you go to rumba???? a fair chance the money must have been bloody good. Next thing we will know that Brenton Cooper will make a come back with rumba.... Mud was the brains behind cooper at benalla....... could be interesting.... look out rumba he is full on...as he is a personal trainier.....could be just what they need....

Mud has played alot of country footy and done a bit of coaching over his time. I am supprised that he is doing the rumba job as he was reported to have been offered a few gvl jobs.... why would you go to rumba???? a fair chance the money must have been bloody good. Next thing we will know that Brenton Cooper will make a come back with rumba.... Mud was the brains behind cooper at benalla....... could be interesting.... look out rumba he is full on...as he is a personal trainier.....could be just what they need....

I don't really want to get into it, but the Rmbalara Football Netball Club has a bit more to offer then just money. We've got excellent facilities, a good supporter base, a great mix of members and where on the rise. You ask why would you choose Rumba, I ask why (at this stage in our development) wouldn't you ???

Announced tonight at training, Rumbalara's new senior coach for season 2008 is Mark "Mud" O'Meara (I think thats how it's spelt).

At least we will all have a better golf swing by years end anyway

I get it . o'meara =golf . what's the go with jars ? didn't like the west? Also spoke to a bloke on the sunbury board he reckons those boy's mo town recruited are embarrased how much coin they are getting , and local boy's Gread and Petty are chasing some travel assistance and the clubs pockets suddenly bottomed out . Is that because Whyman is to become a magpie ? or was it turbo's severence pay ?

OK ........Newsflash..Moama football club has made one of the biggest signings in Country Footy.............Former North Melbourne player and Nth Ballarat on baller Djaran Whyman has signed with the club for season 2008. He played 4 games with Nth Melbourne last year as well as finals with Nth Ballarat, add him to the other signings from Sunbury and a new playing coach and watch the Magpies fly in 08. Looks like the Magpies recruiters have been busy in the of season..........

Is this for real, seriously?

Moama are definately going to have a massive improvement on the last couple of years. hopefully the club can get back to where it used to be. Does anyone have any info on these sunbury players? positions etc? are they worth the $ they are getting or what? Also has Djaryn 100% signed or not.......

Yes, Very.

i heard from a friend that djaran whyman was after a grand a game from rumba is it true?

i don't think he is worth that even if he is just out of the afl and you would think with what rumba could offer him (job/there connections/family) that he would of went there.

Rumba would never be able to offer anyone that kind of money and won't be able to for another couple of decades.

i would hope that rumba, would never offer that type of money unless it was for a wayne carey/lockett match winner type. djars is a good player, but he ain't worth that and rumba have heaps of players that play similar to him.

i think we need more of the key position type and tough on ballers.

football ain't gonna be forever, 18,000 grand for the season ain't much, when you think about it, compared to a fulltime job and the chance to work with the new academy and stuff.

but ah well, i am sure he has his reasons and good luck too him and can't wait for the moama clash.

Moama are definately going to have a massive improvement on the last couple of years. hopefully the club can get back to where it used to be. Does anyone have any info on these sunbury players? positions etc? are they worth the $ they are getting or what? Also has Djaryn 100% signed or not.......

You'd think Moama might have learnt from their cross the border rivals that throwing stupid money around won't get you anywhere in the long run. United may have played off last year but they dropped off this year and look to be going further back next year. Moama may sneak into the finals with what they are recruiting but will the club be able to sustain this long term?
This year they recruited Knox and Faulkner from Gisborne who both couldnt get a senior finals game for them, Jackson from Rochy who also struggled to get a regular senior game at Rochy, as their big recruits, do any of the recruits they have signed up so far have solid major league credentials? Obviously Whyman is an exception if they have got him, but you have to look at why he would have chosen Moama over Rumbalara, money is the only consideration that I can come up with. Anyone in the loop at these clubs that can give us some definitive answers?

Hank1, I totally agree with your statement about them learning from united "mistakes". clubs arent worrying about the long terms affects of spending big these days.... Moama had to change something though, cos what theyve been doing over the last few years obviously hasnt worked. Maybe spendin some money in the junior area to develop some younger kids (future of the club) would be a good option too?? The New Coach Shannon Keam and Assistant coach John Harley are both handy players by all reports, a few of the older players have come back ie. Chris eddy, and noone has really left. Need some keys position players with a bit of size thats all. hopefully these sunbury guys fill that gap?!

Hank1, I totally agree with your statement about them learning from united "mistakes". clubs arent worrying about the long terms affects of spending big these days.... Moama had to change something though, cos what theyve been doing over the last few years obviously hasnt worked. Maybe spendin some money in the junior area to develop some younger kids (future of the club) would be a good option too?? The New Coach Shannon Keam and Assistant coach John Harley are both handy players by all reports, a few of the older players have come back ie. Chris eddy, and noone has really left. Need some keys position players with a bit of size thats all. hopefully these sunbury guys fill that gap?!

Yeah reports I have got back are that the coach can play, as I mentioned no idea on the Sunbury blokes, hopefully they have got a bit of size about them and can hold down some key positions for them.

Yeah reports I have got back are that the coach can play, as I mentioned no idea on the Sunbury blokes, hopefully they have got a bit of size about them and can hold down some key positions for them.
watched the boys train last week and they certainly looked very sharp.i believe the full forward can get amongst it,by all reports kicked over 60 goals in the BFL last season.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back