Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

Nice work Hank, appreciate the response. Tonny are pretty lucky to be able to be in that position. I'm tippin not many clubs would be able to quote that strike rate of paid vs non-paid recruits.

Still think you are a bit off the mark at times when you refer to some clubs apparent cheque-book footy, but you are going to have your opinion and i'll have mine. As I said before, all clubs are paying blokes (probably too much) and trying to analyse each list to the last dollar aint always that productive.

Cheers.

Totally agree with that Sippawitz, I certainly don't bring up what this blokes on and who is spending this much. The only time I give my opinion on money talks is when someone else has brought it up.
In response to bx bandit your right, we won't win a premiership next season, only one side will do that and it will be one of the Grand Finalists from this year. We will be expecting to improve again and a finals berth would be part of those expectations. Will be interesting though with all the sides that didnt make the finals this year looking like they will improve in 2008.

Have heard Cobram has recruited well over the summer. The Rudds , Bourke and Price from Yarra will add quality.Also heard the name Newton mentioned (ex Wodonga )and they look like keeping last years group. Also a few locals playing in Melbourne may travel home. Should help them get off the bottom and be pretty competitive. Has any one got an opinion on the quality of these guys and were Cobram may end up ?

Can anyone give me any information about when Barooga start up training again in the new yr ???
Training kick starts again on about the 14th of Jan. I think it's a Sunday. The boys had a couple of runs pre Christmas and Byso gave us a fitness program to complete until the mentioned date. Hope the boys are doing it!

louy marsh in talks with moma, fallout with united after cought in bed with team mates girlfriend.. fireworks..

Training kick starts again on about the 14th of Jan. I think it's a Sunday. The boys had a couple of runs pre Christmas and Byso gave us a fitness program to complete until the mentioned date. Hope the boys are doing it!

Cheers, thanks for that!!!

Thats true sippa, however if clubs put their money in the wrong players it justs pushes the market value up and thats been happening for years and hurting country footy.

Mulwala must be one of those clubs, no premiership with the recruits they had. Any idea on how they are shaping up this year and how Nathan Parker will go as coach?

hahahahahahah that is gold! any names at all?? he's a sly dog that boy!

Very lucky 2 have his nuts aft girlfriend cought him in the sack, with same female as his team mate did 3days before hand, when will the boy ever learn... sly one, wouldn't want 2 be he his shoes...

Very lucky 2 have his nuts aft girlfriend cought him in the sack, with same female as his team mate did 3days before hand, when will the boy ever learn... sly one, wouldn't want 2 be he his shoes...

So did he shag his mates G/F or just cheated on his missus.....or both?? why would he not be playing with united anymore. He is a tad over rated as a player anyways...

hank, i think tonny are doing the right thing by targeting locals and not paying big bucks as they did in the gv (i think this nearly brought the club to its knees) but they will never win a flag when other clubs are spending what they are currently.
sounds like tonny are going to be cellar dwellers again!

I would like the any club who has never forked any money for a player to cast the first rock , honestly we would love to live in a world where everybody plays for the love of it , but here we are . I suppose Tonny paid Arke Fanua and Baker from down broady way with nesquik and t-bones from Greenhams !

Could someone give me a bit of info on Baker? Also on a bloke I only know as "Bones", works at the Gunny pub

Well nesko , Bones owns the joint I think , He's one of the McGillvray clan . not as feared as old jack but scary enough . Why do you ask , play up ? if so there's plenty of other pubs . And Baker when he's in touch is a hardrunning centerman with good skill's over head , can fill a key position but best used a busting open packs . Also shows some skill at the disco's . Hope I was some help, see you at the gunny races !

I would like the any club who has never forked any money for a player to cast the first rock , honestly we would love to live in a world where everybody plays for the love of it , but here we are . I suppose Tonny paid Arke Fanua and Baker from down broady way with nesquik and t-bones from Greenhams !

Very true buddy, they were paid a stupid amount of money and that is why I never even contacted them about playing on in 2006 with the club when I took over as coach.
Think your on the wrong boat here anyway, I haven't had a crack about clubs spending money, everyone does to some extent, but we have decided to build the club up from within the town first and then maybe once we are able to push finals then look at topping up with a couple of big recruits.

Very true buddy, they were paid a stupid amount of money and that is why I never even contacted them about playing on in 2006 with the club when I took over as coach.
Think your on the wrong boat here anyway, I haven't had a crack about clubs spending money, everyone does to some extent, but we have decided to build the club up from within the town first and then maybe once we are able to push finals then look at topping up with a couple of big recruits.
Very much the Nathalia way.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers haro ! you haven't tempted any of your ex rochy team mates over , so I reckon you must be throwing straight dice . good luck with the kids , Have worked with some tonny lads and if thats any indication they will have a crack no doubt . but surely you could lure a carl moon or a nathan whipp over , they might give some bite ! While were going after reading your list , Justin Watson for zero dollars what a coup! lucky to snap him up

Cheers haro ! you haven't tempted any of your ex rochy team mates over , so I reckon you must be throwing straight dice . good luck with the kids , Have worked with some tonny lads and if thats any indication they will have a crack no doubt . but surely you could lure a carl moon or a nathan whipp over , they might give some bite ! While were going after reading your list , Justin Watson for zero dollars what a coup! lucky to snap him up

Yes big coup to get Justin back to the club for nothing,;) injured more often than he is on the field though.
The players you mentioned would be nice, but are probably only going to take the spot of someone local with similar ability.
We need a mobile ruckman and a hard at it onballer, got anyone in mind for me?

Yes big coup to get Justin back to the club for nothing,;) injured more often than he is on the field though.
The players you mentioned would be nice, but are probably only going to take the spot of someone local with similar ability.
We need a mobile ruckman and a hard at it onballer, got anyone in mind for me?

Big lurch not mobile enough? make him cut out the meal between breakfast and brunch . Ash O'brien comes to mind but I think his shoulder pops out when he sneeze's and he's not cosistantly hard , if it's crowd side near the netballers he's like a battering ram. What about Darren Webster? I hear he's coaching the two's . If all else fails you could play him on Mr B Parker , he would talk him to sleep banging on about old days .

Big lurch not mobile enough? make him cut out the meal between breakfast and brunch . Ash O'brien comes to mind but I think his shoulder pops out when he sneeze's and he's not cosistantly hard , if it's crowd side near the netballers he's like a battering ram. What about Darren Webster? I hear he's coaching the two's . If all else fails you could play him on Mr B Parker , he would talk him to sleep banging on about old days .

Yeah Webby loves a chat, big Lurchy needs a hand more than anything, actually showed a bit of mobility last year, roved the pack, took a bounce and kicked one home from 50 on the run in one game, poetry in motion, has trouble slotting them through from 10m out straight in front on the run though:eek:

Monday, 7th January 2008
Family ties lure Whyman home

Tim Doutre
Riverine Herald

Former Kangaroo Djaran Whyman has turned his back on East Perth to join Murray Football League club Moama.
After signing with the West Australian Football League club in October, Whyman admitted he had been wooed back to his hometown.
The Echuca-born Whyman has cited his family as a driving force behind the decision.
``I went over to Perth and it just wasn't for me,'' Whyman said.
``I went over for a bit and got the feel for the footy. I did a few sessions with them (the Royals), but family plays a big part in my life and it (Perth) was just too far away.''
Whyman was keen to end any conjecture about his football future, stating the move to Moama was a done deal.
``This is the final decision,'' he said.
``In the end I am happy to be back in town. I was always going to come back to Echuca-Moama.
``I've been back for a few weeks now. I spent Christmas and New Year's here.''
The 24-year-old had previously expressed a desire to return home after his delisting from the Kangaroos and said when his decision to return to the area had been made, Moama was one of the first clubs that had come to mind.
``Right from the start when I first made contact with Mark (Coe, Moama's recruitment officer), they were really good about it,'' Whyman said.
``And when I went to Perth, they were the only club to stay in contact and wish me luck.
``I was always going to come back to this area and obviously I have come back a lot sooner than I thought, but I thought Moama would be the go.''
Last season, Moama finished second-last, winning two from 18 games.
Magpies coach Shannon Keam, who took over from coach Chris Waterson in October, was pleased with the signing of Whyman.
``He's a good bloke, and obviously to come out of the AFL he is going to be a pretty handy acquisition for the footy club,'' Keam said. ``He is going to be good not only for our club but for the league.''

Things just keep looking better for Moama, i rekon they will be a fair force this year, some good recruits and locals back at the club.

Mulwala must be one of those clubs, no premiership with the recruits they had. Any idea on how they are shaping up this year and how Nathan Parker will go as coach?
Reports and speculation are suggesting that Mul are in a bit of strife player wise. Lost up to 12 of the key senior players. See money can only by you so much. 4 prelim defeats is not money well spent! As for Parker as coach, only time will tell! Got some good kids coming through but.............................................................................................:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Things just keep looking better for Moama, i rekon they will be a fair force this year, some good recruits and locals back at the club.
Looking good but will a couple of recruits be enough. It's not your top 6 or 7 who will win you a premiership but your bottom half dozen, and on 2007's performance don't know if they have got the cattle. Got some good youngsters so hopefully they will have some great role models to work off.

any news on a couple of ex seymour boys who played for barroga 2007. are the hanging around and how did they perform. r.e. gerard liddel and pat rattray

Looking good but will a couple of recruits be enough. It's not your top 6 or 7 who will win you a premiership but your bottom half dozen, and on 2007's performance don't know if they have got the cattle. Got some good youngsters so hopefully they will have some great role models to work off.

There are some good players that have been at the club the last few years and still remain there. the thing is they never had the support and their hard work would be let down by the below average players turnovers/mistakes etc. Now that there have been a good number around 10 senior players recruited or simply joined the club along with your best 10 or so from the year before, plus some new young kids. I suppose we will have to wait and see come playing time.....

Hell have no fury like a woman scorned, and after being on the business of one of her spray's , let's just say try to avoid it ! But no one has been available for comment on the issue , a sorce told me after questioning Luan he was offered a denial . Very Bill Clinton !

Hell have no fury like a woman scorned, and after being on the business of one of her spray's , let's just say try to avoid it ! But no one has been available for comment on the issue , a sorce told me after questioning Luan he was offered a denial . Very Bill Clinton !

A denial? what the. . . .?

I don't know Luan personally, I've only ever played against him once. But seriously what kind of Wayne Kerr. . . I mean a Wayne Carey. . . .Oh hell, what a knob would back door a team mate!!(although it does seem to be happening more often) I don't care how good you think you are. Nothing justifies that sort of conduct!!! I'd never want someone like that to "join" my team. I just wouldn't be able to trust him. Does anyone else share my opinion??? or am i being too politically correct???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back