Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

Big Balraj Singe (I think thats how you spell it) was in todays Shepp News, claiming he wants to relocate back to the area, and play in either the GVFL or Murray football league. And my question is would you have him at your club?
(maybe state your conditions)

Big Balraj Singe (I think thats how you spell it) was in todays Shepp News, claiming he wants to relocate back to the area, and play in either the GVFL or Murray football league. And my question is would you have him at your club?
A massive NO way from my end! It has been stated on here that a few players that have left Mul this year are mecenaries. This bloke would have to be the biggest one getting around.

Dont know the bloke personally, but from all reports most people that play with him dont think that highly of the bloke, he rocks up plays his own game gets payed shitloads and pisses off home....
however there seems to be alot of that in country footy at the moment, so he isnt the only one.

we have all heard of the bigger clubs, what about the smaller clubs i.e congupna, tongala, finley. how are they shaping up this season. has congupna kept many from the 3rds premiership team??

No chance Goodgolly, someone around the club rang me after reading that in the paper and I said there was no way I'd be chasing him up. For that story to be written in the News you would think he would have had to ring the paper up himself to get that story going.

Singh seeking new home Tom Biddington Shepp News Today

Balraj Singh, the Goulburn Valley Football League's leading goal-kicker in 2006, is eyeing off a return to the region _ he just needs to find a club that wants him.
The 25-year-old kicked 110 goals for Balranald last season, but said the four-hour drive from Melbourne was too much and was keen to ply his trade in the Goulburn-Murray.

``I really enjoyed my time playing for Mooroopna and in the GVFL, which is probably the best country league around,'' Singh said.

``So I'd love to return to the area and play footy for a club in the GVFL or Murray Football League.''

Players capable of kicking 100 goals in a season are rare, with only Benalla's Ricky Symes and Seymour's Saad Saad being able to accomplish the feat in the GVFL in the past four years.

Singh was part of Balranald's team that lost the Central Murray Football League Grand Final to Tooleybuc-Manangatang.

``I went up there with four mates last year, but it's double the distance than Shepparton, and both the GVFL and Murray Football Leagues are a better standard,'' he said.

``It was in the last week I decided I didn't want to go back there this year, so I just want to see if there are any clubs around the region who would be interested in having me.
``Key forwards are difficult to find at times and hopefully there's a club that needs one.

``I work on the wharfs down in Melbourne, so I've been training by myself in the past few weeks, just keeping fit.''

Singh was the first Indian ever to be drafted by an AFL club when he was selected by Adelaide with pick 79 in the 1999 draft.

He played his junior footy with SANFL club West Adelaide.

What about that comment I've highlighted, what a joke

Singh seeking new home Tom Biddington Shepp News Today

Balraj Singh, the Goulburn Valley Football League's leading goal-kicker in 2006, is eyeing off a return to the region _ he just needs to find a club that wants him.
The 25-year-old kicked 110 goals for Balranald last season, but said the four-hour drive from Melbourne was too much and was keen to ply his trade in the Goulburn-Murray.

``I really enjoyed my time playing for Mooroopna and in the GVFL, which is probably the best country league around,'' Singh said.

``So I'd love to return to the area and play footy for a club in the GVFL or Murray Football League.''

Players capable of kicking 100 goals in a season are rare, with only Benalla's Ricky Symes and Seymour's Saad Saad being able to accomplish the feat in the GVFL in the past four years.

Singh was part of Balranald's team that lost the Central Murray Football League Grand Final to Tooleybuc-Manangatang.

``I went up there with four mates last year, but it's double the distance than Shepparton, and both the GVFL and Murray Football Leagues are a better standard,'' he said.

``It was in the last week I decided I didn't want to go back there this year, so I just want to see if there are any clubs around the region who would be interested in having me.
``Key forwards are difficult to find at times and hopefully there's a club that needs one.

``I work on the wharfs down in Melbourne, so I've been training by myself in the past few weeks, just keeping fit.''

Singh was the first Indian ever to be drafted by an AFL club when he was selected by Adelaide with pick 79 in the 1999 draft.

He played his junior footy with SANFL club West Adelaide.

What about that comment I've highlighted, what a joke
Almost a please will anyone take me. I mean if the bloke could bag you a ton and win you a premiership good luck, but at what cost to club morale???? He'd probably only play four or five games in the comp and then proclaim that he was too good ala when he signed with the Griffith Swans in 06! It would be a risky proposition but again could bag you a flag if he were to see out the season? Will be interested to see how this one progresses.

Almost a please will anyone take me. I mean if the bloke could bag you a ton and win you a premiership good luck, but at what cost to club morale???? He'd probably only play four or five games in the comp and then proclaim that he was too good ala when he signed with the Griffith Swans in 06! It would be a risky proposition but again could bag you a flag if he were to see out the season? Will be interested to see how this one progresses.

Not sure about winning you a premiership, i think thats what balranald thought until he didn't take to the field in the second half of the grand final because they hadn't paid him to play finals. I think Nathalia would be a big no (well i hope anyway). His article in the shepp news screams desperation.
Talked to a few people in the shepp area and they reckon he turns up plays his game has a shower then goes back to melb. surely for the amount of money he gets he could spend a little at the bar.
i've seen him play and if he plays on a smaller opponent in size and height he has a field day but if matched properly he struggles big time.

I reckon the only one in this leauge that would go for him might be Mul, with james leaving they may need a big forward or could Leigh Miller fill the void

Not sure about winning you a premiership, i think thats what balranald thought until he didn't take to the field in the second half of the grand final because they hadn't paid him to play finals. I think Nathalia would be a big no (well i hope anyway). His article in the shepp news screams desperation.
Talked to a few people in the shepp area and they reckon he turns up plays his game has a shower then goes back to melb. surely for the amount of money he gets he could spend a little at the bar.
i've seen him play and if he plays on a smaller opponent in size and height he has a field day but if matched properly he struggles big time.

I reckon the only one in this leauge that would go for him might be Mul, with james leaving they may need a big forward or could Leigh Miller fill the void

I have been chatting to Parker and he is saying that Mul isnt chasing players this year, with the players they have lost they know they wont be able to match it with the Barooga's and Nathalia's so they are apparently saving there money for next year.

talking of key forwards
think you will find Sean Downie (ex Yarroweyah, Barooga, Toc) is heading to Cobram
Will certainly add some quality to the Tigers forward line.

talking of key forwards
think you will find Sean Downie (ex Yarroweyah, Barooga, Toc) is heading to Cobram
Will certainly add some quality to the Tigers forward line.
I was having a beer with him in December and he said to me he was not going to have a kick this year, he was going to have a crack at getting his handicap down instead. Talented golfer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tooleybuc :thumbsu:

I was having a beer with him in December and he said to me he was not going to have a kick this year, he was going to have a crack at getting his handicap down instead. Talented golfer.
Definatly signed with the tigers , he will be a very handy pick up. It will be good to see him back were he started his junior footy. Cobram are starting to get a pretty handy side together by all reports.

I have been chatting to Parker and he is saying that Mul isnt chasing players this year, with the players they have lost they know they wont be able to match it with the Barooga's and Nathalia's so they are apparently saving there money for next year.

Not according to Saturday's Border Mail. Advertisement in there saying the Mulwala FC seeking footballers!!!! Apparently had 9 at training the other night! Sounds as though they are in all sorts of strifie:)

Definatly signed with the tigers , he will be a very handy pick up. It will be good to see him back were he started his junior footy. Cobram are starting to get a pretty handy side together by all reports.

Heard the same. Natural talent. Pity he doesn't work his arse off because he could be anything. Great to see his younger brother showing what can be achieved if you're willing to work hard. There is only one place where success comes before work and that's in the dictionary!

Not according to Saturday's Border Mail. Advertisement in there saying the Mulwala FC seeking footballers!!!! Apparently had 9 at training the other night! Sounds as though they are in all sorts of strifie:)

I was told there were 8 at training so the low number rumours might be spot on. I was at a function yesterday represented by a number of local footy clubs. Despite Mul's current state some of their officials / committeemen were being out and out smartarses to people from other footy clubs. No wonder they are f#cked. Granted there are some top people at Mul, but it is difficult to feel too sorry for them when some of their "leaders" insist on being such smug c#nts. No wonder so many in Yarra/Mul and the nieighbouring districts are dancing on the lions' grave at the moment!:thumbsdown:

I was told there were 8 at training so the low number rumours might be spot on. I was at a function yesterday represented by a number of local footy clubs. Despite Mul's current state some of their officials / committeemen were being out and out smartarses to people from other footy clubs. No wonder they are f#cked. Granted there are some top people at Mul, but it is difficult to feel too sorry for them when some of their "leaders" insist on being such smug c#nts. No wonder so many in Yarra/Mul and the nieighbouring districts are dancing on the lions' grave at the moment!:thumbsdown:

Pull Up...

Someone there has pissed you off DR. I must say though that I have heard some of their supporters sh#tcanning the players that have left them. Not a particularly smart move that. Some good blokes there but they do need to reign in some people who wear mul club shirts around town - they are mouthing off at a time they need to be very quiet. Take a leaf out of Yarra's book - had a poor 2007 when expected to win the comp. They are being very quiet and not pIssing people off atm. Seems to be a few old blokes who probably never even played for the lions treading on toes and putting sh&t on anyone who left them. or anyone connected with the other local clubs of yarra, rennie and tunga. They need to pull up a bit more than doobie r me thinks.

lachlan whitehead will be a force to be reckoned with this year played 3rds last year n will dominate 1sts .. n e thoughts on him???????

Drugs in country footy. Is there an issue that needs to be address?
Recreational, performance enhancing or both?
Most blokes doing a lot of recreational stuff just don't play much footy. Whatever sh!t they're on seems to reduce their motivation to have a kick. I have played with some guys who were taking some sort of pills just before the game. By half time they were seeing double and they played sh!t games so they didn't make a habit of it. Personally haven't seen many guys trying the roids or any other performance enhancing stuff. Noone seems to want shrunken nuts or zits. I have played in teams with a lot of druggies/d!ckheads in them though. Team morale never real good as was discipline. Not much in grog sales over the club bar either.

Never a real problem in comps/clubs I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back