Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

i take it your from mul? mul would spend double what nathila have spent over the last few years
of course you are right.i forgot that your team is full of locals at nathalia so they all play for very little. it is good to see the home grown boys doing it for their hometown.anyway good luck to the purples.i dont have a problem with any club spending money.if you can afford it then go for it.
few players these days play for the love of it whether they are from the country or the city.
just look at any football league across australia and you will find that the teams paying the money are the ones playing finals.
the trick is to get the right balance.this is something nathalia has acheived and good luck to them

of course you are right.i forgot that your team is full of locals at nathalia so they all play for very little. it is good to see the home grown boys doing it for their hometown.anyway good luck to the purples.i dont have a problem with any club spending money.if you can afford it then go for it.
few players these days play for the love of it whether they are from the country or the city.
just look at any football league across australia and you will find that the teams paying the money are the ones playing finals.
the trick is to get the right balance.this is something nathalia has acheived and good luck to them

here! here!

Noticed Daniel Irwin approved to Moama. Someone tell me thats not the big fella making a comeback is it. Big forward line with him and TW if it is.

yeah your right with that mate well said. P.S my side is full of locals but im not from nathila

Moama offering some Huge money to Gisborne player's . Only picked up one though and he spent most of the year in the 2's

Moama offering some Huge money to Gisborne player's . Only picked up one though and he spent most of the year in the 2's

got any details there bearsboy? names? $$$? will he be any good in murray league? wheres he play? etc etc

got any details there bearsboy? names? $$$? will he be any good in murray league? wheres he play? etc etc
Brenton Faulkiner, midfielder, he won the Bendigo league u18 b&f a couple of years ago. Top kid , has a different hair cut or color each week . Need's to work on the defensive side of his game a little before he become's a top line player As for the money side of it, i wont say to much ,but i believe alot of the Gisborne senior side have been approached to join Moama this year and some of the figure's being quoted were quite substantial . I personally think it's ordinary form that a certain person from Moama has tried to poach these player's . Lucky for our club the majority of player's and commitee member's are a very loyal bunch of people .

Bendigo and Murray league are the same standard, although a good Gisborne twos player would probably slot into Moama's ones side ok.
Not happy with the ex pres bearsboy?

Brenton Faulkiner, midfielder, he won the Bendigo league u18 b&f a couple of years ago. Top kid , has a different hair cut or color each week . Need's to work on the defensive side of his game a little before he become's a top line player As for the money side of it, i wont say to much ,but i believe alot of the Gisborne senior side have been approached to join Moama this year and some of the figure's being quoted were quite substantial . I personally think it's ordinary form that a certain person from Moama has tried to poach these player's . Lucky for our club the majority of player's and commitee member's are a very loyal bunch of people .
Roger Toll is tied up with Moama in 2007 and is originally from Gisborne. Could he have something to do with it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bendigo and Murray league are the same standard, although a good Gisborne twos player would probably slot into Moama's ones side ok.
Not happy with the ex pres bearsboy?
Just a bit disapointed mate , i dont think there were many Gisborne player's that didnt receive a call .

does that mean you dont know how much money, or arent prepared to say?

Heard a whisper that Patty Rattrays' job up at Barooga fell through and might not be saddling up for the Hawks . My mail is he has landed a job down at Violet Town and could be playing there this season, can any one confirm this?

Heard a whisper that Patty Rattrays' job up at Barooga fell through and might not be saddling up for the Hawks . My mail is he has landed a job down at Violet Town and could be playing there this season, can any one confirm this?

Dont think that the job falling thru would place barooga's recruiting in jeopardy, after all, im pretty sure Gezz Liddell is travelling up there from Seymour, so the big guy would probably just jump in the car with him.

I suppose the only thing is if it was the footy club who stuffed up the employment, that's another story..........

Just a bit disapointed mate , i dont think there were many Gisborne player's that didnt receive a call .
Was he a well respected president mate? Like, of course you would need respect to be elected president of a football club, but did he leave on a good note? How was his relationship with the players?

Was he a well respected president mate? Like, of course you would need respect to be elected president of a football club, but did he leave on a good note? How was his relationship with the players?
Absolutely respected , no problems there. Roger is a top bloke and did a pretty good job whilst in charge at Gisborne. I'm just not that keen on the idea of him poaching player's from the club that he was previously president of .

Absolutely respected , no problems there. Roger is a top bloke and did a pretty good job whilst in charge at Gisborne. I'm just not that keen on the idea of him poaching player's from the club that he was previously president of .
Yeah I agree with you 100% mate. Obviously when a club gets a coach from another club, he tries to bring a few players over to build the strength of the team he's joining, but as far as I know, Gisborne have had a lot of success in the last few years so I wouldn't think many players would be keen on leaving such a good club. Cheers mate.

Yeah I agree with you 100% mate. Obviously when a club gets a coach from another club, he tries to bring a few players over to build the strength of the team he's joining, but as far as I know, Gisborne have had a lot of success in the last few years so I wouldn't think many players would be keen on leaving such a good club. Cheers mate.

Or drive another 1 1/2 - 2 hrs down the road. I know there are a few coaches/recruiters who post on here... I ask you the question, how far would you expect a prospective recruit to drive to the home ground? I know guys come up from Melbourne. Wouldn't you rather have an equally capable local play in that position than an import, makes more sense for the long term.

I have put the Barooga Night Series Draw on the PDFL page. How do I copy it to here?

I have put the Barooga Night Series Draw on the PDFL page. How do I copy it to here?
Couldnt be bothered explaining so here it is.

Here's the night series draw. Check with your coach before rocking up... for accuracy!

12/3
6.30 Katandra V Waaia
8.30 Ardy V Wahgunyah

13/3
6.30 Jerilderie V Wunghnu
8.30 Cobram V Rumba

14/3
6.30 Yarro V Berrigan
8.30 Bar V Fin

15/3
6.30 Tunga V Strathy
8.30 Mul V Nath

16/3
6.30 Blighty V Katty
8.30 Deni V Toc

19/3
6.30 Berrigan V Wahgunyah
8.30 Yarro V Wunghnu

20/3
6.30 Waaia V Ardy
8.30 Fin V Cob

21/3
6.30 Jeri V Katandra
8.30 Bar V Rumba

22/3
6.30 Katty V Tunga
8.30 Nath V Deni

23/3
6.30 Strathy V Blighty
8.30 Toc V Mul

Couldnt be bothered explaining so here it is.

Harro hows Purce looking.?
Still pumping weights.?

Does his mate C.J Malone still play.? If so did u have a crack at getting him over your way.? Very good junior, played bushies, but crook knee as he got older didnt help his cause.
Plus likes the sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back