Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

I hear Congupna are on the prowl for a big name playing coach. Any-one got any rumors about this one?

:cool: DID YOU HEAR...Matt Byers if he doesn't get the Shepp job will never walk back into the club again...he has 2 assistant coaches ready to go...1 x Barooga player (o'callaghan) and 1 x ex p'ship teammate from the bears (Guthrie)....I hope the decision makers who appointed Warburton at Shepp are not still the decison makers for the senior coaching position this time around...NOW what needs to happen at Shepp is the top people at the board level need to step aside and the club will be alot better off...ALSO, Steve Daniels will meet with Shepp next week...and tatura & Euroa. i hear the rumblings are starting at the Seymour Lions as well...Bernie (LMS) Haberman didn't have the full support of the borad and some say that Damiels was told he had the job and LMS decided that he wanted the job again and it was in his contract that he had the option of another year that he took up? IS THIS TRUE ? ? ?

If this is true Matt Byers needs to grow up, im sure shepp will be looking far and wide, and Dictator before getting on hear and speculating on what Steve is and isnt doing try sending him a pm and find the truth out straight from the mans mouth:p

also, Mick Gay from Mooroopna has done the knee, POOR MOOROOPNA the contenders will back back to the great of olds of PRETENDERS something the clubs been use to for the past 20 years....THE OX Shane Hughan is the man in form, will they now give him a go and look after the local,THEY WILL SAVE 2K a game now there's a positive ? ? ?

Not sure I agree with you there DICTATOR. Yes Habers took over after Seymour had won back-to-back flags, however he was virtually on a hiding to nothing unless he won the 3-peat....which he did.

While SJ did a fantastic job lifting the Lions from cellar dwellers to a couple of flags, the 3-peat was almost the biggest achievement of them all as a lot of people at the club thought the world would end after SJ left as quite a few players also left after the Daniel reign.

Haberman also took the lions to the GF against Rochy the year after, but just fell short by less than a goal. He is a triple premiership player of the club, and whilst his playing days are now over, he has remained at the club since SJ recruited him in 2004.

The current group of Lions do not have the class or depth of those premiership years, however it is fair to say he has got the best out of these boys who have won games most would think they were no chance.

To say he has LMS, is a different kettle of fish and does not have the support of G Brown is simply crap. The guy puts his heart and sole into everything he does for the club. This was the same on the field, and he is exactly the same as a non playing coach. Few coaches would prepare for a game as well Bern.

I don't know where you people get your information from but you're not quite correct. Daniels and Haberman are actually good mates. There is no way SJ would have gone to Seymour to replace Haberman while he was still under contract.

How did Lucas White go Roadie, and well done on getting Queensland to top 4. How far ahead are the Vics to the other states:thumbsu:
Vic minor were ordinary and act beat vic major. act only lost 2 games and didnt get a chance at grand final, do you not remember last championships when act beat vic and also a few years before that. I would say that vic think they are better but the truth is they are not. act didnt play rob shirley(crows) or aaron bruce, both good afl players because they didnt want to risk them for their home team ainslie and eastlake. not sure if you have been told but the afl is named afl bacause vic is not the only state that play the game. Ps i am from nsw so no biased opinion here

Vic minor were ordinary and act beat vic major. act only lost 2 games and didnt get a chance at grand final, do you not remember last championships when act beat vic and also a few years before that. I would say that vic think they are better but the truth is they are not. act didnt play rob shirley(crows) or aaron bruce, both good afl players because they didnt want to risk them for their home team ainslie and eastlake. not sure if you have been told but the afl is named afl bacause vic is not the only state that play the game. Ps i am from nsw so no biased opinion here

Your kidding yourself. Vic Country was that far ahead of everyone else it wasn't funny.
I watched all the teams play and i think it was very even between 2nd and 6th.
If Vic played ACT in the final i think it would have been a closer game although i still think they would have given them a touch up pretty comfortably. I am also from NSW so i have no biased opinion!

Your kidding yourself. Vic Country was that far ahead of everyone else it wasn't funny.
If Vic played ACT in the final i think it would have been a closer game although i still think they would have given them a touch up pretty comfortably. I am also from NSW so i have no biased opinion!

I have to agree with Aussie, Victoria in this Carnival certainly stood out over the rest,[ two years ago the ACT stood out] and I also agree the ACT should of finished 2nd and played the Vics in the final. Marcus Crook, Griffen Underwood,AAron Bruce had fantastic carnivals, loosing Neely also hurt. There was not much diffrence between Queensland, WA, NSW and Vic 2. Vic major seemed to have winners all over the ground, the GV boys where superb, Guy Campbell, Kristian Height Brad Murray and former swan Nathan Bell all played well.Would be great to see Grant Weeks in the GV next season gee the kid can play.:)

didnt act beat vic in the early rounds ??

How did Lucas White go Roadie, and well done on getting Queensland to top 4. How far ahead are the Vics to the other states:thumbsu:

Lucas White had an alright carnival, I thought Lee Warnett could of been considered for All Australian, Shane Harvey was quite,Sean Robinson was really good from Mulwala,as was James Scambler from Moama.

I have to agree with Aussie, Victoria in this Carnival certainly stood out over the rest,[ two years ago the ACT stood out] and I also agree the ACT should of finished 2nd and played the Vics in the final. Marcus Crook, Griffen Underwood,AAron Bruce had fantastic carnivals, loosing Neely also hurt. There was not much diffrence between Queensland, WA, NSW and Vic 2. Vic major seemed to have winners all over the ground, the GV boys where superb, Guy Campbell, Kristian Height Brad Murray and former swan Nathan Bell all played well.Would be great to see Grant Weeks in the GV next season gee the kid can play.:)

Going to get Weeks to Tatura next yr are you roadworker??? ;) Surely he will get looked at by GC and GWS wouldn't he?? by the yrs end will have kicked close to 300 goals in 2 seasons, performed well for Vic country and is still quite young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Vic Country had former AFL players to choose from but didn't select them either so it is a futile argument. All that we can go on is the results from this years carnival and Vic Country took the title by quite a margin.

On another point, did i read correctly that some Murray League players represented NSW??? If so how does this happen when the entire Murray League is run as part of the VCFL??? I am aware that there are clubs that are NSW based but I would have thought that the fact that the league and therefore clubs represent the VCFL

Unsure how this works, seems to be that the whole league is eligible for Vic Country and then if they don't get picked by them any of the players in the NSW sides can be picked for NSW, don't know any other explanation than that as Lucas White was picked in the Vic Country squad last year and this year he represented NSW. Over the years Adrian Dohnt(moama) and Sean Harrap(barooga) have represented NSW, was an unprecedented large contingent this year.

The NT and Tassie have had sides in the carnival over the years, as neither of these two were competing this year, the number of sides was down to 7 therefore meaning they only ran one division instead of the two of years gone by.

Unsure how this works, seems to be that the whole league is eligible for Vic Country and then if they don't get picked by them any of the players in the NSW sides can be picked for NSW, don't know any other explanation than that as Lucas White was picked in the Vic Country squad last year and this year he represented NSW. Over the years Adrian Dohnt(moama) and Sean Harrap(barooga) have represented NSW, was an unprecedented large contingent this year.

The NT and Tassie have had sides in the carnival over the years, as neither of these two were competing this year, the number of sides was down to 7 therefore meaning they only ran one division instead of the two of years gone by.

It has been the same for years. I can remember back in late 80's early 90's whilst at Finley, Rob Hawkins represented NSW and Darren Jackson represented Vic in the same carnival.

I suppose they are just lucky that they get 2 chances at elite selection.

also, Mick Gay from Mooroopna has done the knee, POOR MOOROOPNA the contenders will back back to the great of olds of PRETENDERS something the clubs been use to for the past 20 years....THE OX Shane Hughan is the man in form, will they now give him a go and look after the local,THEY WILL SAVE 2K a game now there's a positive ? ? ?

Gee dont you have a big mouth DICKTATOR!!!! All you do is get on here and blast ya gob about topics you no nothing about. Its a massive blow for Mooroopna losing Mick Gay as no desent person would wish that upon anyone. and as for saying their pretenders,,, Im pretty sure that the Cats have never tried to pretend their something their not. They Have had some great sides in the last 5 years and have been very unlucky not to win the ultimate but thats footy. Would love to no if you even play the game or no anything about it,,, if you do play I hope that theres a bit of carma coming your way..:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::eek:

Going to get Weeks to Tatura next yr are you roadworker??? ;) Surely he will get looked at by GC and GWS wouldn't he?? by the yrs end will have kicked close to 300 goals in 2 seasons, performed well for Vic country and is still quite young

Totally agree Timmy, I hope GC or GWS give the kid ago, there was a number of recruiters there so hopefully some of the boys get a chance.

What are you on about FOOTYMACK...It's the opinion that I have...I wont walk away from saying Mooroopna have been pretenders for the past 20 years NO I never played BUT I do understand the game pretty well...regardless of what you think about my opinion Michael Gay is a great player and Mooroopna can't win the flag without a ruckman A GENUINE ONE...THOUGH.

What are you on about FOOTYMACK...It's the opinion that I have...I wont walk away from saying Mooroopna have been pretenders for the past 20 years NO I never played BUT I do understand the game pretty well...regardless of what you think about my opinion Michael Gay is a great player and Mooroopna can't win the flag without a ruckman A GENUINE ONE...THOUGH.

Jake Cowman hasnt been a bad ruckman over the years, albeit he hadn't played for 18 months until this year. True will be hard for them without the big fella, but he had not been playing to his expectations anyway. Mooroopna will be still right in the mix.

Isn't this a Murray league thread????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back