Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Congratulations to Daryl Harrison from the Murray Football League who was the winner of Round 19 VCFL footy tipping.

Daryl Harrison who is tipping in the Murray FL Division picked 9 winners this week to top the batting order for ROUND 19.

Daryl was the only tipper out of 1000 to pick 9 winners on the weekend.
Daryl wins himself a set of Skins Compression Wear or a night at a Best Western Hotel anywhere in the state. :cool:

one of our 2's players got 2 broken ribs and a lacerated lung and is still in hospital. he got a knee in the 1st minute of play and went to hospital in an ambulance, the game wasn't spiteful.

i cant wait for us to play them in afew weeks in the 1st final and with i know that i will be looking forward to it.

Whats that meant to mean!!
The game was a ripper and rumba played above themselves on tha day...It wasn't the best standard and both teams are way off the mark V Moama V Mulwala? your thoughts boora?

Gee thanks guys, went with the pair of skins to try and keep the old legs ticking over!!

I agree with you that you would rather these things come out in the off season but it is hard to keep things under wraps, especially from Uniteds perspective, they would obvioulsly be keen to get the news out there. I suppose one positive is that its come out now and not in finals.
Just don't think jumping ship were the words that I would use. No doubt he will chat to a few Ky players about following him over there, but as I said I would be surpised if anyone followed him and also if he was trying to poach before the season finished.
why would you be surprised, there are many rumblings around ky of disgruntled players, many of which are to do with the coach - seconds and seniors

why would you be surprised, there are many rumblings around ky of disgruntled players, many of which are to do with the coach - seconds and seniors

Can't be all that bad, as both sides are sitting top of the ladder with two games to go!

Every club has rumblings mate, especially clubs that are going well because it generally means there are guys with inflated opinions of themselves missing out each week. I have no doubt that there will be a turnover of players next year as there is every year at most clubs, but I would doubt many will follow Beattie to United. Time will tell I guess.
Do United generally spend big, Beattie does not come cheap.

Very easy to get stuck into the coaches at this time of the year when the 1's & 2's are flying...It's the coaches fault and once again certain players within the playing group take no responsability for their form...
Out of form WORK HARDER in form MILK IT...ask yourself this question if you are one of the UNHAPPY ONE'S - "Have I done everything possible to get the best out of myself"...Have I sacrificed something lately that's going to help me e.g.- Friday night drinks 2 or 3 instead of 10 or 12, fried food intake, late nights during the week etc etc...ONCE AGAIN WELCOME TO THE NEW GENERATION OF COUNTRY FOOTBALLERS - weak in the mind...DICTATOR IS BACK :)

Very easy to get stuck into the coaches at this time of the year when the 1's & 2's are flying...It's the coaches fault and once again certain players within the playing group take no responsability for their form...
Out of form WORK HARDER in form MILK IT...ask yourself this question if you are one of the UNHAPPY ONE'S - "Have I done everything possible to get the best out of myself"...Have I sacrificed something lately that's going to help me e.g.- Friday night drinks 2 or 3 instead of 10 or 12, fried food intake, late nights during the week etc etc...ONCE AGAIN WELCOME TO THE NEW GENERATION OF COUNTRY FOOTBALLERS - weak in the mind...DICTATOR IS BACK :)

You'd make a good coach DICTATOR;)

Every club has rumblings mate, especially clubs that are going well because it generally means there are guys with inflated opinions of themselves missing out each week. I have no doubt that there will be a turnover of players next year as there is every year at most clubs, but I would doubt many will follow Beattie to United. Time will tell I guess.
Do United generally spend big, Beattie does not come cheap.
From what I know, United's football budget has been the same for 6+ years (quite low compared to some MFL clubs) and has never been exceeded. The least money was spent on players in 2006, when the senior side played off in the grand final with the likes of Guy Campbell, Anthony Baker and Darren Turner in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me where the finals are this year?? Is the granny at Tocumwal or has it been moved to Numurkah??

At Toc.. Numurkah has Prelim.. No way Numurkah would get the GF while Burrows is in charge.....How the hell can Nick Howden get 3 weeks for kicking the ball into the bloke on the mark??? Does this mean everytime a kick is smothered during play that the bloke kicking the ball gets 3 weeks.. absolute joke and the Murray League tribunal is a farce. looking forward to an interesting day at Rumba hope none of our players get rubbed out for getting punched in the face and blood spat on them like last time...

and we hope that our boys don't have to go to hospital for concussion after being hit behind play......

At Toc.. Numurkah has Prelim.. No way Numurkah would get the GF while Burrows is in charge.....How the hell can Nick Howden get 3 weeks for kicking the ball into the bloke on the mark??? Does this mean everytime a kick is smothered during play that the bloke kicking the ball gets 3 weeks.. absolute joke and the Murray League tribunal is a farce. looking forward to an interesting day at Rumba hope none of our players get rubbed out for getting punched in the face and blood spat on them like last time...

After talking to Burrows during last years finals he was hell bent on taking the granny from Tocumwal and moving it to Numurkah. How things change. And as for the tribunal it has been a farce for a long time. I have only seen 3 Murray league games this year, I saw a player reported for nothing then rubbed out for 1 week (set Penality) when I asked the club why they didn't challange it they said that they didn't want to risk getting 2 weeks or more as they had a big game comming up the following week. Hopefully when Burrows departs that someone with a real footy brain takes the reins and makes this league the premier league that it should be!! Instead of all the bullshit he dishes out!!

Where do other people think the grand final should be? And why??:footy:

Isnt the Tribunal Independent and has nothing to do with any of the league executive?
Unsure how Burrows can be blamed for the tribunal decisions!
Can't comment on the MFL tribunal, but most Country League tribunals are a bit hit and miss and can be said to be "Kangaroo Courts" at times.

Burrows has said on many occasions the Grand Final should be in a central ground which he says is Numurkah, he doesn't make the decision for the venue.

As for the tribunal - do the crime pay the time; maybe if some players were held more accountable by their club instead of making excuses for them they wouldn't have a history.

As for the league it was in debt when he took over, it is now extrememly financial, meetings now take approximately and hour and quarter instead of the 3 hours or more prior to his appointment, this league is recognised as one of the best administered by the VCFL as per Adminstrator of the Year in 2009

After talking to Burrows during last years finals he was hell bent on taking the granny from Tocumwal and moving it to Numurkah. How things change. And as for the tribunal it has been a farce for a long time. I have only seen 3 Murray league games this year, I saw a player reported for nothing then rubbed out for 1 week (set Penality) when I asked the club why they didn't challange it they said that they didn't want to risk getting 2 weeks or more as they had a big game comming up the following week. Hopefully when Burrows departs that someone with a real footy brain takes the reins and makes this league the premier league that it should be!! Instead of all the bullshit he dishes out!!

Where do other people think the grand final should be? And why??:footy:

Numurkah or Tocumwal would have to be the 2 most obvious choices due to their new club rooms and are both quite central for all teams.
Hit behind play ?? Brown had the ball, got punched in the face then threw his head back and head butted the bloke tackling him who initially punched him....

great win by the rumba boys.. played great game of footy which was matched by the blues never giving up. a great game of footy. the only sad note is not one numurka player came into the rooms after the game. if they had a function thats understandable but five minutes isn't much to ask for i believe.

Yes good win rumba1.
ALSO
Good win by the SNELSON magpies, They played well using the wind to there every advantage yesterday. also used the PATHETIC umpiring standards well, as well. What a JOKE................:thumbsdown::mad:

Yes good win rumba1.
ALSO
Good win by the SNELSON magpies, They played well using the wind to there every advantage yesterday. also used the PATHETIC umpiring standards well, as well. What a JOKE................:thumbsdown::mad:

Surely any good player would be able to read an umpires standard and decision making then play accordingly. Isn't this all a part of the game.

Surely any good player would be able to read an umpires standard and decision making then play accordingly. Isn't this all a part of the game.

That might be ok if certain players were treated equally!!! The treatment from Umpires of GVL players that Cobram have recruited this year has been staggering.They seem to have an agenda.At the end of the day they(Umpires) are well paid and should act professionally.
Yesterdays effort and two reports bewidered the crowd.Both Moama players addmitted they dont know why they have to travell to Barooga this week for a tribunal hearing,admitting they dont know why the Cobram players were reported. Lets hope the evidence will clear them.
Perhaps Mr Burrows should have a crack at the Umpires for wasting his and the Leagues time!!

Scott Beattie is going to coach Horsham United in the wimmera league for a bucket load of cash $20,000 and he gets a bonus of $1500 per player he brings with him, deal was done last week, with president of united and will be in the wimmera mail times on the monday after the GV grand final, have seen the picture of him shaking hands with the president, signed sealed and delivered!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back