Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Mark "mud" Omeara

Didnt he get sacked from Rumba, and rumour is John Fairley taking over as president at the road, also im hearing Luke Cowan is going to have trouble getting out of the blues, not letting him go with out a fight....

Didnt he get sacked from Rumba, and rumour is John Fairley taking over as president at the road, also im hearing Luke Cowan is going to have trouble getting out of the blues, not letting him go with out a fight....
nah we didnt sack him, we just parted ways with him and went in a new direction (which has been good for us). he did bag us out in the newspaper, which was very disappointing! considering that we looked after him really well in his time with. i am sure that he wishes he went about it in a more dignified and grown up way, but we have moved on from it and i am sure he has now. i am sure he is going to be in for one long season and good luck to him and congupna for this year, we look forward to playing them in the unity cup.

Yes smooth sorry , yarrawonga. Anyone else heard that L White will be departing the Bloods ???? big loss/

Was speaking to Whitey recently and yes he is moving out of the area for a new job or something.

Will be a huge loss for the bloods after losing Warnett as well!

He tells me they have a few in the pipeline though

Was speaking to Whitey recently and yes he is moving out of the area for a new job or something.

Will be a huge loss for the bloods after losing Warnett as well!

He tells me they have a few in the pipeline though

Yeah would think would be a massive loss, what will become of the other shepp players at Toc, would imagine White and warnett got them to the club will they stay or head back closer to shepp also????

any names added to echuca uniteds list yet? hearing big things early on and nothing of late? have heard they lost 5 from last yr senior side

Led to believe Finley have aquired the services of Old Melbourne premiership players Tim Horne and Marty Kennon, Port Fairy Best and Fairest Tim Robertson and Cameron Robertson (travel), with 3 from 3 different leagues still in discussions.

The silence coming out of barooga is deafening. any comments from them in relation to that robinvale full forward they were trumpeting going to yarrawonga instead at the last moment? must have hurt a bit.

Yeah there isn't much going on in this thread at the moment! By now I would assume all clubs hve probably started preseason training! How are all the clubs numbers looking on the track?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there isn't much going on in this thread at the moment! By now I would assume all clubs hve probably started preseason training! How are all the clubs numbers looking on the track?

Finley getting anywhere from 15 - 30 players since resuming on the 3rd of jan and will begin training 3 nights a week next week. Have all but finalised recruiting with talks continuing with 2 extremely handy possibilities from down south and one solid player moving back to the area. Missed one they were chasing but these 2 will be a step up , hope they can pull it off :):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Congupnas recruiting has taken a turn for the better after they secured ex-congupna junior aaron cuthbert from the grasps of shepparton united!

Have heard round the traps that newly signed Numurkah player Ty Harrison has moved back to Cairns. Anyone know what the story is?

Have heard round the traps that newly signed Numurkah player Ty Harrison has moved back to Cairns. Anyone know what the story is?

They would not like to lose anymore players... Has the big ruckman returned to shepp ?

They would not like to lose anymore players... Has the big ruckman returned to shepp ?

Fair bit of talk aboout players leaving and the quality thats left, however beware of the dog that doesn't bark.

The blues may have lost a couple of handy players, whether they are retirees or a mixture of younger and older heads moving on, in saying that though not all have decided to leave 100% and are in contract negotiations, but we will have a very good young side never you mind.

I encourage those who have left or contemplating that to re-think your decision because the club is reinventing itself and you wouldn't want to miss out!

We have got excellent numbers on the track and strongly encourage anyone who is up in the air about their decisions to get along to training for a look!

We are still looking for another back up ruckman at this stage so anyone interested please pm myself.

Fair bit of talk aboout players leaving and the quality thats left, however beware of the dog that doesn't bark.

The blues may have lost a couple of handy players, whether they are retirees or a mixture of younger and older heads moving on, in saying that though not all have decided to leave 100% and are in contract negotiations, but we will have a very good young side never you mind.

I encourage those who have left or contemplating that to re-think your decision because the club is reinventing itself and you wouldn't want to miss out!

We have got excellent numbers on the track and strongly encourage anyone who is up in the air about their decisions to get along to training for a look!

All the best, hope they can remain competitive, would be a shame to see the ground they made up the ladder this year to head back down just as fast they are a proud club and im sure they will have a crack. Would think however that the loss of quality players tho would be closer to double digits then a couple.

I heard an interesting comment yesterday at Australia Day celebrations. An ex-Tongala player informs me that two of Tongala’s longest serving players have been asked to give up their numbers for the band of new recruits. The players who have been asked to relinquish their numbers are Mark Reid and Julien Brennan. I stand to be corrected but I am pretty sure that both have played over 300 games for Tongala. For the President to request such a thing is pretty un-Australian for mine. Surely loyalty and a bit of respect must come into the equation.
Good to see Souter is going back to Tonny this year – word is that he has apologised to the Nexhips and eaten a bit of humble pie.

What did he need to apologise to the Nexhip's for?
I'm sure if Rowdy and Goof relinquished there numbers it would be because they were more than happy to, not from being pressured too. Both would probably be in their last year of footy and just happy to help the club out anyway they can and wouldn't be worried about what number they had on their back "jogging" around in the twos!

Would agree with Hank , in that Goof and Rowdy , would be happy to do whatever they can for the club, as they have done over their careers . I would also be very very surprised if the club had given the numbers those two have had over the past 20 years , Rowdy did of coarse spend some time at Nathalia, without prior communication ?

I agree with Big kev and wish then all the best, its a great chance for there younger guys to step up and play senior football.
But take out Howden, Peace (Katunga), Hopkins, Baker, Paul Collins, Cowan, Meyland (Waaia), Sprunt, Dwyer (Yarrawonga), Saunders (Shepp Bears), Eddy, M Brown (Retired), Jason Collins (Melbourne) even if a few of these are wrong that leaves a massive hole in a team, and will take some filling.

I agree with Big kev and wish then all the best, its a great chance for there younger guys to step up and play senior football.
But take out Howden, Peace (Katunga), Hopkins, Baker, Paul Collins, Cowan, Meyland (Waaia), Sprunt, Dwyer (Yarrawonga), Saunders (Shepp Bears), Eddy, M Brown (Retired), Jason Collins (Melbourne) even if a few of these are wrong that leaves a massive hole in a team, and will take some filling.

Kimberly to Billabong Crows to....
Gives the young kids a chance to get some experience and won't be long before Numurkah are hopefully back up the top of the ladder however think the Nathalia vs Numurkah sunday game will be renamed the battle of the spoon in 2011

Finley have signed a 2010 northern bullants listed and NFL CHF/ Key postion player to go with the other recruits they have picked up, after some early dissapoint losing out to Cobram with a few its good to see the cats are converting some signings now and with the 8 - 12 talented players coming up from the thirds will def be looking towards finals this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back