Murray Football League - Thirds (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League Thirds

congupna have got alot of good players besides pianto and sidebottom..

congupna have got alot of good players besides pianto and sidebottom..

Tuckett, Whitehead, Betson, Gribben and Brassil are all good players fro Congupna. They don't just rely on Sidebottom and Pianto to win games for them.

conguna is no doubt a strong team, but i have indeed seen them play and they wern't that good without pianto and sidebottom, with sidebottom being clearly the better of the two. Congupna had many smaller players and seem like they take a while to get started under good pressure. Congupna really needs a stronger forward pack to win more games, with both their full forward and centre half forward being of small build, and shying away from strong contests. Congupna needs more stronger bodies if they are to pound mulwala and tongala like they have been talking about so much. I hope they have improved alot since i last saw them.

there two totally differnt players Br. Xavier

congupna thirds have changed since the loss of captain michael looby they have loss a sence of hardness and leadership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive already voiced my opinion on who would win against congupna and mulwala, if both at full strength. I rekon mulwala would come up definate winners, with a killer forward line that would strech congupnas backs immensely, and also a good midfield with tom wilson the key. I rekon if i was coaching i would put Will doyle on a tagging role on pianto to have a fair competition as both players are very strong and fast, and i beleive a tagger almost always comes out the goods if he can hold the jumper all day and run, in which i see Doyle coming out the goods in that battle. Also i would let Wilson run free and the game would be decided on who could cause the most damage, Sidebottom or Wilson. Even with Doyle out of their backs in this case i beleive mulwalas defence would still be strong enough to cover the Congupna forwards. I beleive if Mulwala had two real good taggers in their team who sacrificed their game to cover sidebottom and pianto then mulwala would come out the goods, maybe even use 3 taggers to cover the two congupna boys?
:confused:
No help yet with the list of backmen from each team...?

i disargee br. xavier.. i have been following the top 3 teams very closely this year (mul,congupna,tonny) and all the hype has been about pianto and sidebottom..they are very good players dont get me wrong but there are another 20 players for congupna.. you forget about the 2 who played interleague Ryan, who is killing the goal kicking and Whitehead who is the general through the center.. there have been 5 new inclusions since theses 2 sides both met to the congupna line up.. mclusky, dickson, collins, sidebottom and pianto all of which are in the teams top 10.. Kontakos, Reeves, Brassil, Tuckett, Gribben, Betson, Antonello, Hewlett, Muggleton are also quality players.. i have watched 7 congupna games this year and all those players were instrumental in the wins.. with both sides at full strenght i believe congupna would run mul off their feet by 5 goals

i disargee br. xavier.. i have been following the top 3 teams very closely this year (mul,congupna,tonny) and all the hype has been about pianto and sidebottom..they are very good players dont get me wrong but there are another 20 players for congupna.. you forget about the 2 who played interleague Ryan, who is killing the goal kicking and Whitehead who is the general through the center.. there have been 5 new inclusions since theses 2 sides both met to the congupna line up.. mclusky, dickson, collins, sidebottom and pianto all of which are in the teams top 10.. Kontakos, Reeves, Brassil, Tuckett, Gribben, Betson, Antonello, Hewlett, Muggleton are also quality players.. i have watched 7 congupna games this year and all those players were instrumental in the wins.. with both sides at full strenght i believe congupna would run mul off their feet by 5 goals[/quote

I agree with you their, the fact that Congupna do have alot of qualitie players is good, and it will certainly test mulwala's lower quality players, but what im saying is if your key players cant match up with the oppositions key players then the restr of the team will get cut to peices.

Here's my list for the best backmen from each team, mite get names wrong.
MUlwala- Will Doyle
Congupna- Im not sure but i think it was Whitehead
Tonny- No idea
Deni- Grant Martin, who shouldve made state team
Rumba- No clue
Tocumwal- Ryan McGrath
Barooga- Liam Ryan- Their best player by far, beat any of their backmen in doin their own job
Finley- Nathaneal Harris
Cobram- No idea
Numurkah- Pendelbury is it?
Nathalia- Not many good players their, no idea really.
Moama- Daniel Thorpe is their best player i rekon, plays well anywhere.
Echuka- Defenders i cant really name as i dont have much of an idea, but have a nice forward line with talls and also jarryd day.

Fill in the gaps if you wish!

Does everyone agree?

i disargee br. xavier.. i have been following the top 3 teams very closely this year (mul,congupna,tonny) and all the hype has been about pianto and sidebottom..they are very good players dont get me wrong but there are another 20 players for congupna.. you forget about the 2 who played interleague Ryan, who is killing the goal kicking and Whitehead who is the general through the center.. there have been 5 new inclusions since theses 2 sides both met to the congupna line up.. mclusky, dickson, collins, sidebottom and pianto all of which are in the teams top 10.. Kontakos, Reeves, Brassil, Tuckett, Gribben, Betson, Antonello, Hewlett, Muggleton are also quality players.. i have watched 7 congupna games this year and all those players were instrumental in the wins.. with both sides at full strenght i believe congupna would run mul off their feet by 5 goals[/quote

I agree with you their, the fact that Congupna do have alot of qualitie players is good, and it will certainly test mulwala's lower quality players, but what im saying is if your key players cant match up with the oppositions key players then the restr of the team will get cut to peices.

Here's my list for the best backmen from each team, mite get names wrong.
MUlwala- Will Doyle
Congupna- Im not sure but i think it was Whitehead
Tonny- No idea
Deni- Grant Martin, who shouldve made state team
Rumba- No clue
Tocumwal- Ryan McGrath
Barooga- Liam Ryan- Their best player by far, beat any of their backmen in doin their own job
Finley- Nathaneal Harris
Cobram- No idea
Numurkah- Pendelbury is it?
Nathalia- Not many good players their, no idea really.
Moama- Daniel Thorpe is their best player i rekon, plays well anywhere.
Echuka- Defenders i cant really name as i dont have much of an idea, but have a nice forward line with talls and also jarryd day.

Fill in the gaps if you wish!

Does everyone agree?

Matt Clarke from mulwala is a very different player to will but is very very effective and skillful....does slip under the radar alot.

Mulls a great team,.But pianto and sidebottom were at vic country in melborne and brazil and dickson played firsts,and 2midfielders were rested.LOL..So i would say that the mind games have started.6 of the top 10 didn't play

Mulls a great team,.But pianto and sidebottom were at vic country in melborne and brazil and dickson played firsts,and 2midfielders were rested.LOL..So i would say that the mind games have started.6 of the top 10 didn't play

2 midfeilders where rested? Haha thats great move by their coach.. When your playin the top team wouldnt you play your best team? Not rest players

Dont go saying that pianto and sidebottom where out thats why we lost cos whenever someone else mentions somethin about them two, you boys always jump up sayin how they arent all this and that and how its the team effort. So this week fellas the TEAM lost

2 midfeilders where rested? Haha thats great move by their coach.. When your playin the top team wouldnt you play your best team? Not rest players

Dont go saying that pianto and sidebottom where out thats why we lost cos whenever someone else mentions somethin about them two, you boys always jump up sayin how they arent all this and that and how its the team effort. So this week fellas the TEAM lost

well said there simmy.....you see i aint too sure that 4-6 players is gna bring back a 75 point defisate....really and someone please tell me whu the two midfielders that were rested are... i'd love to know

i thought the first quarter was fantastic it looked to be a slugout all day, but unfortunately mul dominated the next 2 quarters and the congupna boys had no answers.. although 4 players were missing i dont think they would have made a 75 point diference.. they had no one to match up on childs and the big fella killed it all day. as to the midfielders rested? i didnt see any however i noticed whitehead and muggleton kept swapping off the ball?? possibly you meant that cindi? im interested to see who you mul boys think played well for congupna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back