My son's 5 year TV deal is legit - David Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it relevant?

Channel nine throw a lot of money at no talents, presumably because they see some sellability that none of us see.

The weather man from the Morning Show? The dude that used to be in the comedy with Jon English? What a no talent!!!

Karl Stefanovik anybody?

Isn't that the guy that won the Gold Logie !!

Sorry what? If the VISY deal is rejected as not arms-length then this one should be. Simple logic.

But no - Judd's deal's a blight, Cloke's is 100% above board.
You were fine with Judd's deal for five years so I expect the same courtesy to Cloke's channel 9 contract on your behalf.
Even if the two deals are nothing alike, I won't be repeating myself for the umpteenth time to explain why.

And the sentence you've quoted refers to 15 carlton players being on VISY's payroll while Russel's deal mysteriously didn't get renewed. Maybe you subscribe to the theory his care factor for the environment and marketability suddenly became zero since joining the Pies?

The doublethink displayed by some in this thread is absolutely... unsurprising.
Not sure about this, I've already acknowledged Cloke's deal seems dodgy due to his lack of charisma and wit to be a TV personality, which is a completely different scenario to Judd's case.

Eddie has become a giant hypocritical knob. I had a lot of respect for him once, that respect ended a few years ago.

Why's that?

All's Edd has said is the Judd deal was unfair because no one else was allowed a similar deal, he wanted black and white (pardon the pun) clarification on the rule and the AFL were unable to provide this, and he wasn't the only one, i heard Ford offered Ablett a similar deal but the AFL knocked it back.

Fact is the AFL were NEVER going to help the Cats out with Ablett, and it suited the AFL for Judd to go to a struggling melbourne power club at the time, they simply make the rules up as they go.

Are you telling me that Dal Santo and Brown are on 5 year deals and will be doing segments on the news as well?

Who are the other players on 5 year deals that include the news.

A I said in my post this crap happens everywhere and I have no problem to be honest with clubs doing whatever they have to to keep the talent they have developed. When Geelong built their team from the ground up with really only one player recruited (Ottens and he was not a superstar at the time) then they should be allowed to keep that team together including Ablett. They could not match the offer for Ablett though.

Also do you think it is any coincidence that pretty much every footy show sponsor is a CFC sponsor? Of course the two are completely independent though.

Who are the other players in Melbourne on 5 year AFL contracts though? obviously the footy show wouldn't offer a 5 year deal to a guy on a 3 year AFL contract, it makes sense to give travis a 5 year deal, he has access to the biggest club in the land, and you know Edd and Bucks will allow him more access than other media types.

Pratt stepped down as president of Carlton in 2008, the same year Judd came to the club. He died the following year.

Does that mean that Judds deal from 2009 (or even 2008) onwards should be discounted as Pratt was a 'yesterday man'?

Only if you are as thick as a short plank !!

How dare Ed say and do things in the interests of the club he is the president of. Shouldn't he be out rattling tins so he can give more money to the smaller clubs who can't manage it all by themselves?

He has virtually done this in the past, in his footy show days, but how quickly some ungrateful people forget.

I don't even like the bloke, but seriously; they are Collingwood, a proud passionate club. Deal with your own insecurities and stop worrying about them.

Ladies and Gents, clearly we have a winner here, a sound and logical response !

Pratt stepped down as president of Carlton in 2008, the same year Judd came to the club. He died the following year.

Does that mean that Judds deal from 2009 (or even 2008) onwards should be discounted as Pratt was a 'yesterday man'?

Isn't Prats wife/Daughter on the Carlton board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please feel free to detail all these extra payments Collingwood got to get ourselves out of our deep financial sh!t. As I recall, all the AFL offered us was a bucket of cash to sell one of our home games to Sydney, which we rightfully rejected. I think you'll find that even in our worst financial period we were still contributing more to equalisation funds (via the AFL slice of gate receipts) than we were ever getting back.

BTW, Collingwood (& Eddie) support a lot of the equalisation measures of the past and present. Just not a lot of the more outrageous ones, particularly those that demand a slice of the revenue that the club itself generates (i.e. pokies, memberships) rather than disequal shares of total AFL revenue like tv money etc.

Two issues:
1. dropped $8 mil investing in pubs
2. these equalisation measures you claim, steer me to them in the PIes financials - dont exist so you wont find them.

I'd settle for the media to ignore his shitty radio show and stop pretending its newsworthy.

I'll give this to McGuire: He's done a tremendous job convincing Collingwood nuff nuffs that a guy living in Toorak is just like them.
You can take the guy out of broad meadows, but you can never take broadmeadows out of the guy.

Everyone here realises that as Collingwood's President, the only club he has to care about is Collingwood, right? I don't think it bothers anybody at Collingwood what supporters of other clubs think. If we didn't want him, he wouldn't be President. If I didn't know better, I'd think people were jealous of us. ;)

Who cares -all clubs bend the rules -if you take off your rose coloured glasses

When Ablett was with Geelong -he had a 3rd party deal with the president Frank Costa -id call that red hot -or actually white hot- i think theve banned that now-a president employing and paying a player

Judds deal -couldnt care less

Clokes deal -couldnt care less

Its when they pay direct cash from the club -alah Carlton -and have 2 sets of books -thats when it should be punished

I officially am no longer watching the football show. It always shat me how it seemed to be filled with some of the most incoherent, unfunny players they could find. I just don't understand why they can't get some players on there with some insight and intelligence. Or at least a funny idiot. Cloke has absolutely nothing going for him.

What???

Pratt has overseen Judd signing a five year deal worth one million when he was at the helm of VISY.

Laughable analogy.

I officially am no longer watching the football show. It always shat me how it seemed to be filled with some of the most incoherent, unfunny players they could find. I just don't understand why they can't get some players on there with some insight and intelligence. Or at least a funny idiot. Cloke has absolutely nothing going for him.

I'm sorry it took you so long to see that.

The Footy Show is so 2000.

Yes Jeanne Pratt is.
Actually she is the Vice President.

You do know that her son in law is on the Collingwood Board.
Oh and he is the Vice President as well.

The Collingwood VP has no business ties to Visy Industries.

He runs Thornley Investments, which is a separate business to Visy.

Jeanne Pratt, Gerimender & Anthony Pratt all have official roles with Carlton and all sit on the Visy Board.

The Collingwood VP has no business ties to Visy Industries.

He runs Thornley Investments, which is a separate business to Visy.

Jeanne Pratt, Gerimender & Anthony Pratt all have official roles with Carlton and all sit on the Visy Board.

Where did I mention that in my post? :confused:

I am fully aware of Alex Waislitz and the Company he runs and fully aware of the Pratt family and Visy Industries.

Interesting 1st post !!

And the sentence you've quoted refers to 15 carlton players being on VISY's payroll while Russel's deal mysteriously didn't get renewed. Maybe you subscribe to the theory his care factor for the environment and marketability suddenly became zero since joining the Pies?

Given a large portion of these relatively minor Enviromaniacs gigs are run out of the facilities at Visy Park, it would seem a fairly sensible decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

My son's 5 year TV deal is legit - David Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back