Preview NAB Cup - (FRE vs HAW) (FRE vs EAG)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, just to change tack a little. Are we going to concede that with all our injury concerns, and the Hawk's lack of interest, WC are favourites to take this out?

I'd be disappointed if our next tier can't keep up with close to WC's best.

West Coasts Best aren't too shabby. Don't forget they practically never had their best team on the park last year. With Shuey, Shepherd and now Gaff they have some decent class in the midfield and the Naitanui Cox Ruck is going to be pretty handy. Masten Swift and Kerr are the unknowns. I expect Masten to be pretty handy once he gets his fitness up and we all know Kerr is class if he can ever get fit. Swift can look like a million bucks but shows shocking awareness at times. Scott Selwood isn't too bad and Ebert can't possibly be worse than last year.
Without Hill, Balla, Mora, Barlow, Walters, DeBoer and who knows else we would have to be underdogs if they put their 1's out against us.

West Coasts Best aren't too shabby. Don't forget they practically never had their best team on the park last year. With Shuey, Shepherd and now Gaff they have some decent class in the midfield and the Naitanui Cox Ruck is going to be pretty handy. Masten Swift and Kerr are the unknowns. I expect Masten to be pretty handy once he gets his fitness up and we all know Kerr is class if he can ever get fit. Swift can look like a million bucks but shows shocking awareness at times. Scott Selwood isn't too bad and Ebert can't possibly be worse than last year.
Without Hill, Balla, Mora, Barlow, Walters, DeBoer and who knows else we would have to be underdogs if they put their 1's out against us.

Maybe I am a bit biased but even without the above highlighted players and West Coast at full strength I feel we are streets ahead of them in talent on the park.
Whether that translates to a victory against them on the night will be determined by us either playing to our best or taking it easy.

We faced Hawthorn in the regular season in 2010 with a WAFL side, so why not do it again?

West Coast have recruited so poorly, I think we could name 6-7 players yet to don the purple jumper and still beat them. Then there's Hawthorn who look like sending a very inexperienced squad to Perth, so I think we'd look silly naming a squad consisting of too many experienced players to take on either side.

Given the quality of the opposition, I would hope that Anthony, Faulks, Michie, Mzungu & Lower all get to wear purple for the first time. If fit Bollenhagen, Bucovaz & Sibosado should also play, possibly even Mellington.

Current fringe players Bradley, Clarke, Crichton, Griffin, Hinkley, Mellington, Palmer, Roberton, Silvagni, Van Berlo should be given every opportunity. Regular top 22 players should top the side up.

I don't see what value you'd get from playing guys like Pavlich, Grover, McPharlin & co other than to guide the young side.

Could turn very ugly hahaha

Doubt it will being just a NAB cup match but there is always that chance

Should be a cracker of a series - very much looking forward to seeing how our kids go :thumbsu:

We've basically got a "real" match followed by a practice match :D
I'd like to come over just to see you two sets of fans literally kill each other.:thumbsu:

So any suggestions on how I can watch it? Cant go out to a pub (kids) and disconnected my foxtel last year (DOH!!!) I could always listen to it on the radio but would much prefer a live stream. Does those sort of things use a lot of your download? Can someone PM me an address? I am with bigpond, do they stream live?

If you havent gathered already, I'm a bit technologically challenged!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/107428/default.aspx

MATURE-AGE Fremantle recruit Tendai Mzungu is staking his claim to replace injured teammate Roger Hayden across half-back this season, according to defender Paul Duffield.

Hayden has been ruled out for up to half of the 2011 season after having surgery on his fractured left foot last November, and Mzungu has been impressive when filling the veteran's rebounding role in match simulations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So any suggestions on how I can watch it? Cant go out to a pub (kids) and disconnected my foxtel last year (DOH!!!) I could always listen to it on the radio but would much prefer a live stream. Does those sort of things use a lot of your download? Can someone PM me an address? I am with bigpond, do they stream live?

If you havent gathered already, I'm a bit technologically challenged!

Go to www.myp2p.eu when the games are about to start and if there is a stream for the game you will find it there somewhere.

I like that we are in consecutive games and even better that they are the final two. Our first doesn't start til 8.50pm over here so it gives me time do keep the missus happy and then be home in time for a look at our games.

Thanks so much Wizard (and Newlander). I've got a couple of places I can try now :) And if I have no luck, I've been told its replaying at 8pm on 7mate.

I'm a happy girl now!

Thanks so much Wizard (and Newlander). I've got a couple of places I can try now :) And if I have no luck, I've been told its replaying at 8pm on 7mate.

I'm a happy girl now!

Sah-weeeeeet!

Is it on the same day?

EDIT: Just looked it up, it is on the Sunday evening.

Possible starting positions from the selected list:

BACKS:
28 Peter Faulks
41 Paul Duffield
6 Greg Broughton
14 Antoni Grover
18 Luke McPharlin
13 Tendai Mzungu
36 Alex Silvagni
24 Dylan Roberton
8 Nick Suban

MIDS:
3 Byron Schammer
34 Nick Lower
10 Rhys Palmer
9 Adam McPhee
15 Ryan Crowley
20 Viv Michie
25 Josh Mellington
16 David Mundy
44 Jesse Crichton

RUCKS:
30 Zac Clarke
31 Aaron Sandilands
12 Jon Griffin

FORWARDS:
27 Justin Bollenhagen
37 Michael Johnson
47 Jay van Berlo
23 Chris Mayne
22 John Anthony
26 Kepler Bradley
29 Matthew Pavlich
46 Clancee Pearce

Good cover in all positions, though im not to sure out of Michie, Mellington and Lower where they are destined to be played, so i have thrown them in the middle.

Ok, I'm officially spewing. I got online early and got one of the best seats in the house. Just got a phone call from the guy who manages the band I play in and we are booked to play a Town of Vincent Concert in Hyde Park between 5 & 7. He's known about it for months but forgot to tell me. I am ropable!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm officially spewing. I got online early and got one of the best seats in the house. Just got a phone call from the guy who manages the band I play in and we are booked to play a Town of Vincent Concert in Hyde Park between 5 & 7. He's known about it for months but forgot to tell me. I am ropable!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him no...some things are just more important

The singer is flying down from Derby, airfares booked. I'm caught. Normally when they book gigs I ask before they book and if there is a game on I say no but this one has been booked for months and advertised, they just didn't tell me!

The singer is flying down from Derby, airfares booked. I'm caught. Normally when they book gigs I ask before they book and if there is a game on I say no but this one has been booked for months and advertised, they just didn't tell me!

Step 1: Start up a new thread on the main board: "WANTED: talented Guitarist/Drummer/Singer who doesnt bleed purple"

Step 2: Witness the Dockers live on Sunday shoot down some Eagles and Hawks...

;) Problem Solved

We should cruise into the next round really. With the side that the Hawks have named and West Coast resting some of their senior players should be a walk in the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NAB Cup - (FRE vs HAW) (FRE vs EAG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back