Carlton's NAB Cup Grand Final team:
B: C.Yarran M.Jamison S.White
HB: N.Duigan L.Henderson Z.Tuohy
C: K.Simpson B.McLean D.Armfield
HF: A.Carrazzo A.Walker K.Lucas
F: S.Rowe L.Casboult E.Betts
Foll: S.Hampson B.Gibbs A.Carrazzo
INT: C.Judd, M.Kreuzer, M.Robinson, J.Bootsma, E.Curnow & A.Joseph
There has to be a misprint in there somewhere, because the story text says that he is leading his side for the first time, but his name isn't in the squad list. Weird. I wonder which one is wrong. You would think that the story is wrong, because it means that another player has been named in his stead in the squad list. The story may have been pre-written.

There has to be a misprint in there somewhere, because the story text says that he is leading his side for the first time, but his name isn't in the squad list. Weird. I wonder which one is wrong. You would think that the story is wrong, because it means that another player has been named in his stead in the squad list. The story may have been pre-written.

They've named Carazzo twice there?

No Garlett, Warnock or Laidler... Dunno who else they're resting.

They've named Carazzo twice there?

No Garlett, Warnock or Laidler... Dunno who else they're resting.

Don't see Scotland in there.

They're not missing a lot of players, but, well, it's not a particularly scary line-up, is it? After you get past the top half-dozen or so, the Carlton list seems to be packed with average players.

Don't get me wrong, I still think we'll lose, but I'm not sure the Carlton list is as strong as I thought. I'll be interested to see how we go against them at the Gabba mid-season.

Just went through the squads for all our previous NAB Cup games, and noticed 7 players have played in every match.

Beams, Bewick, Docherty, Martin, Polkinghorne, Yeo and Zorko. Clearly these guys are in the mix for Round 1 spots, and I wouldn't be overly surprised if a couple of them get rested this week.

Players that have played all but half a game (or one of the mickey mouse mini games) are Clarke, Cornelius, Golby, Karnezis, Michael, Moloney and Rockliff. These guys may need a reduced workload too.

Do we give a relatively-fresh Lisle a crack (only played against Hawthorn)? Or let the team settle and get used to playing with Martin?

I think Lester (1.5 games) and Harwood (0 games) will get a look in this week due to fresher legs from not traveling.

Their forward line has a bit of height with Rowe, Casboult and (I assume) Hampson/Kreuzer depending on rotations. No Garlett makes their small brigade a bit less daunting. Midfield is full strength, I would have thought. Scotland and Laidler missing from their best defence?

Is there any word on whether Judd is expected to play a full game?

BRISBANE LIONS
B: Joel Patfull, Daniel Merrett, Elliot Yeo

HB: Jed Adcock, Matt Maguire, Mitch Golby

C: Patrick Karnezis, Tom Rockliff, Pearce Hanley

HF: Rohan Bewick, Jonathan Brown, Josh Green

F: Aaron Cornelius, Stefan Martin, Dayne Zorko

Foll: Billy Longer, Brent Moloney, Daniel Rich

Int: Sam Docherty, Ashley McGrath, Claye Beams, Andrew Raines, Jack Redden, James Polkinghorne

Emg: Marco Paparone, Ryan Lester, Jack Crisp

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

This is us at pretty much full strength; with personnel anyway, not so much condition.

I reckon the same squad will probably come down in two weeks time. Mind you, two players still have to come out of the extended bench for Round 1.

Add Blacky and Leuey in Round 2, and wait for Stakes to press his claim.

Dish it up Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very surprised that Lester isn't in the team. Otherwise, looks pretty standard.

Would've liked to see Michael get one more run, because he seemed to be building nicely, but I don't know who you'd leave out to make that happen.

Basically can't get a stronger squad there aye other than injured players. What's the wether like in Melb? Heat policy again or 3-3?

We are one tall short I reckon, particularly given their tall forwards, but probably a reflection of our concern about their pace. Sorry to see Clarke and Michael out but Karny, Yeo and Docherty in particular should get a lot out of this game.

BRISBANE LIONS
B: Joel Patfull, Daniel Merrett, Elliot Yeo

HB: Jed Adcock, Matt Maguire, Mitch Golby

C: Patrick Karnezis, Tom Rockliff, Pearce Hanley

HF: Rohan Bewick, Jonathan Brown, Josh Green

F: Aaron Cornelius, Stefan Martin, Dayne Zorko

Foll: Billy Longer, Brent Moloney, Daniel Rich

Int: Sam Docherty, Ashley McGrath, Claye Beams, Andrew Raines, Jack Redden, James Polkinghorne

Emg: Marco Paparone, Ryan Lester, Jack Crisp

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

You'd assume that's going to be the Round 1 team, with two players dropping to the emergencies...

...but geez, whoever they are, they're going to be hard done by. I like that team.

We are one tall short I reckon, particularly given their tall forwards, but probably a reflection of our concern about their pace. Sorry to see Clarke and Michael out but Karny, Yeo and Docherty in particular should get a lot out of this game.

I think we've got enough talls in defence. Merrett, Maguire and Patfull should be able to handle Casboult, Rowe and Walker. If they throw a ruckman down there, then Adcock may need to play tall and mind Walker. Then again, I can't see Carlton filling their forward line with that many talls at once, I think we'd expose them the other way.

This is going to be a tough game for Longer. We've named 6 runners on the bench, and with the substitute rule, Longer will probably have to spend most of his resting time at FF. IIRC he only played half a game against GWS, but he's still had to do the three travels. Hope Billy the kid is ready for a big one!

Our forward line with Martin/Longer rotating full forward, Brown and Cornelius is probably enough for height. We know Bewick and McGrath can take an overhead or get on a lead too.

I think we're in with a shot.

We are one tall short I reckon,

To be honest, I was just about to post that this is a better balanced side than what we put up last week. 1 genuine tall forward, 1 ruck-forward and 1 third tall. 2 genuine tall defenders and one who can play tall, medium or small. 1 ruckman.

Purely based on structure, that seems perfect to me.

i dont understand.. we have a full list of players to pick from. but choose to play a pretty average team. with that said i think u guys might win

i dont understand.. we have a full list of players to pick from. but choose to play a pretty average team. with that said i think u guys might win

Maybe AD told Carlton to lose as compensation to us for playing in Melbourne? o_O

Apparently match fixing is a big issue in Australian sport who would've thought it was a top down issue though? :oops:

Good chance for Ace to secure his spot here. Carlton lacking a matchup for him in my eyes. Another bag of goals and you'd have to think he's done enough to warrant a round 1 start. Really starting to like the look of our forward line at the moment. Rotate Ash, Rockliff, Karnezis and Polks through there and its starting to look like a good spread of goal scoring options. Very solid and balanced back 6 as well, lots of flexibility there especially with the talls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back