NAB CUP GRAND FINAL: Dogs v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

mighty seagulls

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok so looks like we'll be playing Saints next Saturday night at the Dome.

Likely changes for us will see Johnson, Gia and Hudson come back in. But i have no idea who goes out. Probably Roughead because Hudson comes back. Then probably Mulligan and one more (this will make the discussion more interesting :eek:).

Assuming they don't plan on resting anyone, you'd have to guess that Mulligan, Roughead and Wood are the most likely to make way but that 3rd one (Wood) can certainly change, depending on either opponent matchups or form.

Well done Doggies, you have made the NAB GF,might aswell win it now!
You guys are looking the goods at the moment,hope you get over the Saints next Saturday night.Best of luck for next week and the 2010 season.

Should be a good match and defnately an exciting prospect after last year's prelim. I doubt either camp really cares too much but I can not help but think that secretly it would be a good psyhhological boost to whoever wins, especially given that prelim could have gone either way.

Hall is looking great for you lot and if he had of played the prelim youl can not help but think we would have lost the match.

So it is exciting stuff and I am definately looking forward to it and seeing if Hall will be making you lot that much harder to get over this year. I have changed my mind over the last few weeks from thining it was a laughable and desperate move to thinking it could possibly have been crystal thinking (if only our risk went the same way).

Anyway, good luck and, I think I can speak for both camps when I say, the real victory will be no needless injuries two weeks out from round one.

Liked Wood's game, I reckon he deserves a crack next week. Williams was good aside from a couple of misdirected kicks. Roughead & Mulligan will almost certainly be dropped. I'm wondering if we should field our best team (possibly minus Johnno). Thoughts?

It will be interesting to see what the capacity of Etihad is next week. It was very badly damaged by the storm, and judging by the photos it is unlikely patrons will be allowed to sit on level 2 or 3 at the southern end of the ground for a few weeks at least. Could make it a tough ticket.

Liked Wood's game, I reckon he deserves a crack next week. Williams was good aside from a couple of misdirected kicks. Roughead & Mulligan will almost certainly be dropped. I'm wondering if we should field our best team (possibly minus Johnno). Thoughts?

I would start with Johno and sub him out at half time.

The bonus for winning is we haven't had to travel much, apart from round 1. So we will have had a month in Melbourne before the Collingwood match.

Now we are in the final let's win it. Great for supporters, great for sponsors, great for morale. Saints are in form so it should be a cracker match. A narrow win and no injuries would be ideal.:rolleyes:

Go Dogs.
KM

Looking forward to it! Is it Ticketmaster that sells the tickets for this match? Anyone know when they go on sale?

Would expect tickets to go on sale on Tuesday morning 9am, (according to AFL site) however, with the damage to Etihad stadium yesterday, I'm not sure how much of the stadium will be open for spectators so that might affect how many tickets are available.

Also, yes, it should be through Ticketmaster. Might be best to keep an eye on their site to see if they go on sale earlier there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather give the young players some experience rather than our full strength side. It would give them a bit of 'big-time' experience.

Would expect tickets to go on sale on Tuesday morning 9am, (according to AFL site) however, with the damage to Etihad stadium yesterday, I'm not sure how much of the stadium will be open for spectators so that might affect how many tickets are available.

Also, yes, it should be through Ticketmaster. Might be best to keep an eye on their site to see if they go on sale earlier there.

Thanks mate - appreciate the info. Yes, it'll be interesting to see what effect the storm damage at Etihad has on the match. Hopefully there'll still be a massive crowd :)

FF Giansiracusa Hall Johnson
HF Higgins Murphy Akermanis
C Griffen Cross Picken
HB Williams Morris Gilbee
FB Harbrow Lake Hargrave
R Hudson Boyd Cooney
Int Minson Ward Eagleton
Everitt Moles Hahn
[FONT=&quot]Subs Hill Wood

In: Johnson, Hudson, Giansiracusa
Out: Roughead, Addison, Mulligan

I think Wood will get the nod ahead of Addison. My only concern is Harbrow, he doesn't look right to me, if there is any doubt he won't play and Addison come in.

The team will have the likely best 22 and then the next 4 best. Full strength all going well.

[/FONT]

I'd rather give the young players some experience rather than our full strength side. It would give them a bit of 'big-time' experience.

How about giving some older guys some big-time experience?
Plus, it's the last game before the season, wouldn't you want to test out your full strength side?

[FONT=&quot]My only concern is Harbrow, he doesn't look right to me, if there is any doubt he won't play and Addison come in. [/FONT]

What didn't look right about him? No excuses for him I'm afraid. he simply played poorly and turned the ball over on several occasions. Young Hitchcock actually showed him up on more than one occasion.

Timely wake-up call for Harbrow. As big a fan I am of him, it's not a bad thing for him to realise it won't all fall in his lap. Fortunately he's a hard worker and I expect him to be back in form very quickly. I guess we need to expect some mistakes from a bloke he never ceases to take the game on.

What didn't look right about him? No excuses for him I'm afraid. he simply played poorly and turned the ball over on several occasions. Young Hitchcock actually showed him up on more than one occasion.

Timely wake-up call for Harbrow. As big a fan I am of him, it's not a bad thing for him to realise it won't all fall in his lap. Fortunately he's a hard worker and I expect him to be back in form very quickly. I guess we need to expect some mistakes from a bloke he never ceases to take the game on.

Yep...he's not moving well...and his disposal is poor..could be just form or he may have a niggle...i don't know. Hence I think he may miss this week...If it's form, then i'd play him and hope he get his mojo back. His effort was there, he chased and tackled.

FF Giansiracusa Hall Johnson
HF Higgins Murphy Akermanis
C Griffen Cross Picken
HB Williams Morris Gilbee
FB Harbrow Lake Hargrave
R Hudson Boyd Cooney
Int Minson Ward Eagleton
Everitt Moles Hahn
[FONT=&quot]Subs Hill Wood

In: Johnson, Hudson, Giansiracusa
Out: Roughead, Addison, Mulligan

I think Wood will get the nod ahead of Addison. My only concern is Harbrow, he doesn't look right to me, if there is any doubt he won't play and Addison come in.

The team will have the likely best 22 and then the next 4 best. Full strength all going well.

[/FONT]

Hill will start

Here are some of the match ups i reckon could happpen:

Backs:
Lake - Reiwoldt - I normally like to see Williams play on him for the experience but i just think Eade is going to bit abit more conservative with Williams now and not rush him.
Williams - Koschitzke - Good challenge for Williams.
Morris - Milne - Milne likes to stay close to goal which suits Morris more than playing on Schnieder.
Harbrow - Schnieder - Really hope Harbrow can regain some form.

Mids:
Cooney - Jones - Jones normally gets the job, although could see him play on Boyd or even Griffen.
Griffen - Goddard
Boyd and Cross - Dal and Montagna - these two to run them around all night.

Forwards: (ill be honest i dont know if i know enough about saints defence but ill give it a go)
Hall - Dawson
Murphy - Gilbert
Johnson - S. Fisher
Aker - Baker
Hill - Gram
Hahn -
I would have said Blake but he isnt playing, is he??

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB CUP GRAND FINAL: Dogs v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back