Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to The French Corner Restaurant in Highett tonight.

Entree - Escargots with garlic. It was my first time eating snails and I thought they were pretty good. Probably not something I would order on a regular basis but something you just need to try once to say you have ate them. Just really tasted like garlic really with a similar texture to muscles.

Main - Roasted Duck Breast with braised red cabbage, asparagus tips and orange sauce. Loved this. Had actually tried to cook it myself once but this was so much better. Duck was cooked to absolute perfection and the cabbage was awesome. Would definitely order again.

Dessert - Grand Marnier souffle with a chocolate ganache centre. was good, but not great. Loved the grand marnier flavour and the souffle was well cooked but the granache was not the greatest, maybe I was just starting to get a bit full.

Wine - A 2007 Sauvignon Blanc from Bordeaux in France called Château Thieuley Was lovely and not overpriced. Can actually see myself purchasing a few bottles if I come across it again.

Overall it was a good night. Reasonably priced for what we got. Great wine list, food was nice, service was excellent from both the owner and another guy, both of whom were actually French so you got an authentic dining experience. Decor was a little drab but still nice enough, was a kind of cosy feel. Good little local restaurant and would definitely go back.

Still full from last nights feast so just had a strong soy latte and a homemade monte carlo biscuit (yum!) from the local deli for lunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to The French Corner Restaurant in Highett tonight.

Entree - Escargots with garlic. It was my first time eating snails and I thought they were pretty good. Probably not something I would order on a regular basis but something you just need to try once to say you have ate them. Just really tasted like garlic really with a similar texture to muscles.

Main - Roasted Duck Breast with braised red cabbage, asparagus tips and orange sauce. Loved this. Had actually tried to cook it myself once but this was so much better. Duck was cooked to absolute perfection and the cabbage was awesome. Would definitely order again.

Dessert - Grand Marnier souffle with a chocolate ganache centre. was good, but not great. Loved the grand marnier flavour and the souffle was well cooked but the granache was not the greatest, maybe I was just starting to get a bit full.

Wine - A 2007 Sauvignon Blanc from Bordeaux in France called Château Thieuley Was lovely and not overpriced. Can actually see myself purchasing a few bottles if I come across it again.

Overall it was a good night. Reasonably priced for what we got. Great wine list, food was nice, service was excellent from both the owner and another guy, both of whom were actually French so you got an authentic dining experience. Decor was a little drab but still nice enough, was a kind of cosy feel. Good little local restaurant and would definitely go back.

Cut it out Jamie Oliver! shheeesh.

Mixed grills are absolutely disgusting. Eat some veges ffs. Just the look of a big plate of meat makes me want to go the toilets and vomit, especially when they use low-quality cuts of meat.

They served one up on a thursday night at football and just the look of it made me gag. There was more bone in the chop than actual meat. Someone could pay me $500 and I still wouldn't eat that rubbish.

Lunch

Sourdough roll with feta, eggplant, roast capsicum, avocado, wholegrain mustard, beetroot, tomato and rocket. Not the best, it had way too much going on.

Mixed grills are absolutely disgusting. Eat some veges ffs. Just the look of a big plate of meat makes me want to go the toilets and vomit, especially when they use low-quality cuts of meat.

They served one up on a thursday night at football and just the look of it made me gag. There was more bone in the chop than actual meat. Someone could pay me $500 and I still wouldn't eat that rubbish.
that's probably just your football club.

Lunch

Sourdough roll with feta, eggplant, roast capsicum, avocado, wholegrain mustard, beetroot, tomato and rocket. Not the best, it had way too much going on.
*roquette.

EDIT: actually, on this, had lunch at the Mt. View Hotel on Bridge Rd. in Hawthorn yesterday and they spelt rocket on the menu like this, i thought it meant starch or maize extract or something. somebody please explain.

Lunch

Roasted beef marinated with a mixture of gravox and water inside two buttered slices of sunblest white bread. Washed it all down with a sugar free coca cola.

Result = Faaaarkin beautiful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back