Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

*roquette.

EDIT: actually, on this, had lunch at the Mt. View Hotel on Bridge Rd. in Hawthorn yesterday and they spelt rocket on the menu like this, i thought it meant starch or maize extract or something. somebody please explain.

Can be spelt either way. Roquette is the original French terminology which has been adapted to Rocket in more recent times. Either way is correct.

I guess it is similar to raquette which was adapted to racquet and even in recent times I have seen apadted to racket :eek:.

are you serious surkin?

If you aren't taking the piss...

Lamb Chop
Pork Chop
Steak
Sausage
Bacon
Egg

When you are on Mum and Dad's tab, as a uni student, you tend not to need the simpler things in life. You can eat vegies on 6 other days of the week, and I dont mean those ****y avocados and the other shit these wanky places put on a simple sanga.

Im talking about staple vegies like peas, beans (butter?) carrots, corn, cauliflower, brussel's sprouts and broccoli. 6 other nights to be eating them. Mixed grills rock for the struggling wage earner.

Plug, I am a meat and 4 vege man most nights of the week.

I love my steamed veges especially asparagus, broccolini, carrots with a bit of honey and mustard, peas corn capsicum, mashed potato and pumpkin.

Just don't enjoy a full plate of meat without vegetables or salad.

Press Club tomorrow night. Hopefully I get to meet the great man.

george_570x428.jpg

ust got back from the Press Club. Had the 9 course degustation menu. Absolutely stuffed.

First were the three appetizers.
One was octopus and anchovy on a skewer. I don't really like anchovies but this was awesome.
Another one was some bready stuff with chocolate and chicken parfait. Was okay.
Not sure what the other one was. Some sort of chicken stick with a broth over it. Was good.

Next was the first entree.
It was a bucket of hot chips. Seriously. Like the kind you get from the footy only chunky and good with some nice dip.

Second entree
Six different kinds of raw fish. Tuna, Kingfish, Scallop, Oyster, Sardine and something else can't remember.

First Main
Massive king prawn and smoked octopus. Prawn was delicious,

Second Main
16 hour cooked lamb neck with potato and a beetroot and feta dip. This was the bees knees. One of the best meals I have had. Lamb just fell apart when you touched it because it was so tender. Was absolutely KOUTA!

First dessert
Yoghurt pannacotta with strawberry and ouzo sorbet. I hate ouzo but this tasted unbelievable all went so well together and you only got a tiny taste of the ouze and went well with the other stuff.

Second dessert
Carrot cake and dark chocolate mouse.

Hope all that made sense, I am pretty pissed. Drank a whole bottle of wine on my own. Wine was good too but can't remember the name. It was a sauv blanc from Loire Region in France. Very fruity taste and ~ $50. WOuld love to know what it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks surkin, stupid hawks ppl got me the card.

I am going to some japanese/korean place tonight in southbank. What kind of food is korean?

Heres hoping the parents pay for my dinner.

Authentic Korean is very proteiny, fewer vegetables and stuff than Chinese, but not as clean as Japanese.

Can get pretty hot at times, so be careful if it says it's spicy, it will be.

Since when did they have an Indian restaurant in Korumburra? Any good Leo?

Thats a long way to go for a feed saint.

I know where you are talking, never new there was one there. There was always a bar/restaurant place there somewhere, its probably the same place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back