Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Booked into Jacques Reymond for two weeks time.

Cannot wait.

Heard good things about Jacques Reymond.. Very pricey but worth it apparently...

I recently went to a Laotian Restaurant Yim Yams in Yarraville. Was amazing... The freshest and most flavoursome food. Very similiar to Thai. Highly recommend.

I was actually going to check that place out the other month when I was working out that side of the city. Going back to work next week so will get onto it.

Yarraville is such an awesome suburb. Would love to live there.

Jacques Reymond was off da hook.

Probably marginally behind the flower drum in my opinion, but still 10/10.

What's your top 5 restaurants?

My Top 5 restaurants

1.Rockpool (Crown)-Best steak i've ever had. Good size meals too.
2.Nobu (Crown)- Fresh and full of flavour. A+
3.Gingerboy (Melbourne)-Asian influenced cuisine. Amazing
4.Thy Thy (Richmond)- Probably been there 100+ times. Soup, entree and main for about $15. Best Vietnamese in Melbourne.
5-No.35 (Sofitel Melbourne)- Great Views, Great wine list and the food was top knotch.

The top 5 Melbourne restaurants that I have ate at.

1. Flower Drum - Absolutely amazing food. Completely understand why the mobsters eat here so frequently. Quite easily the best restaurant I have dined at.
2. Jacques Reymond - Food genius. He does amazing things with combinations you would never imagine. Not quite the same value for money or food quality as the Flower Drum though imo.
3 - Cutler & Co - Just love the overall package of this place. Very trendy place and the food doesn't lack substance either.
4 - Press Club - Greek food with a modern twist. The slow cooked lamb with potato and beetroot puree one of my favourite ever dishes.
5 - Gingerboy - Agree 100% with you here scottie. Fantastic food.

Unfortunately haven't ate at the other ones you mentioned scottie. Will definitely give Thy Thy a try (lol) in the next month or so. Love the sound of the prices more than anything.

I recently went to a Laotian Restaurant Yim Yams in Yarraville. Was amazing... The freshest and most flavoursome food. Very similiar to Thai. Highly recommend.

Best recommendation ever. Ate here once last week and got take-away another two times. Freshest food you will ever come across and pretty well priced as well. You end up getting a meal + rice + roti bread for under $20.

They have this Laotian rice called sticky rice. It is amazing. They serve it in a little bag and it all sticks together. Definitely get this and not the stock standard steamed rice. Roti bread is top notch as well.

Also love the communal tables. Places with communal tables have a much better atmosphere than normal restaurants.

I have been absolutely plowing the western districts eateries lately.

Got a good parma from the irish pub on the corner of Ballarat and Anderson st in Yarraville. Got a great parma from Commercial Hotel in Yarraville and it was only $8.

Vietnamese restaurant in Sunshine called Thaun An does the best salt and pepper calamari in Victoria.

Also Dig A Pony in Yarraville pretty solid tapas.

Off to the Stokehouse in St Kilda for lunch today.

PS - getting fat - up to 72kg's.

Jimmy Wongs on Footscray Rd, in Footscray I think (not sure of the suburb, but around there somewhere), has the best dim sims in the country. Makes them himself.

Also had a lovely Sweet and Sour Pork takeaway from there. They even delivered it for free to the job I was working on at Dynon.

I have been absolutely plowing the western districts eateries lately.

Got a good parma from the irish pub on the corner of Ballarat and Anderson st in Yarraville. Got a great parma from Commercial Hotel in Yarraville and it was only $8.

Vietnamese restaurant in Sunshine called Thaun An does the best salt and pepper calamari in Victoria.

Also Dig A Pony in Yarraville pretty solid tapas.

Off to the Stokehouse in St Kilda for lunch today.

PS - getting fat - up to 72kg's.

Went to stokehouse for work break up before xmas, food was good. Perve over the balcony on a 30 degree day was just as good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had 2 egg, lettuce, onion and mayo sandwiches that were made by my wife for lunch, then I had a glass of perfectly mixed Coola cordial and went back to work. Was a pretty good lunch break.

Tandoori Times in Gertrude Street, Fitzroy has some greate fusion dishes at standard take away prices, but a lot better quality.

There's another one in St Kilda according to the take-away menu.

Vindaloo Against Violence on the 24th Feb (next Wednesday)
http://vindalooagainstviolence.wordpress.com/

Get amongst it. Indian birds are hot also.
The last line in that post is nothing short of rubbish. Completely erroneous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back