Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Be a real man and have it neat, Surkin.

Fruit Cup Crush is by far and away the best cordial.

Coola is good ice cold on a hot day, but you can't have a lot of it.

I'm eating as bland as possible in anticipation of a 3 course Indian meal in Hawthorn tomorrow night. Will give a blow by blow of my bowel movements on Thursday.

Be a real man and have it neat, Surkin.

Fruit Cup Crush is by far and away the best cordial.

Coola is good ice cold on a hot day, but you can't have a lot of it.

I'm eating as bland as possible in anticipation of a 3 course Indian meal in Hawthorn tomorrow night. Will give a blow by blow of my bowel movements on Thursday.
Post of the year.

Tandoori Chicken with rice for lunch just to get the appropriate juices flowing. Was cooked by a greek, so not very good, but it's a warning to the bowels.

Vindaloo against Violence is all over the news with a lot of indian joints booked out in town tonight.

Hallam kebabs without a word of a lie best kebab I have ever had.

Why? Because they don't stimp on the meat. Chock full of chicken and lamb.

Wedding on the weekend the entree was beetroot with feta cheese and walnuts. probably the worst meal i have ever had and i love beetroot.

went to an ozzie/chinese wedding a couple of weeks ago and didnt eat a thing.....DONT EAT JELLY FISH

Lucky the warm beer had lumps in it !!!!!!!!:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where locally has the best ribs?
The best ribs going around are at the James Squire Brewery in docklands but can't be ****ed going in there too often..
Ambrosias used to be ok but not great now...

I can't say where has the best ribs because I have a fear of bones.

What does everyone rate as the best local restaurant though? For me it has to be shanika's in Berwick. Would have ate everything on the menu at least once and I can't remember having a bad meal. There is also one at Lakeside Pakenham now which is just as good.

As for the others, Pakenham Thai is good clean food. Nothing fancy but seems to deliver.

All you can eat would have to be Clover Cottage. Although I always end up feeling sick when I leave from eating too much.

I like a good feed so here is your local food form guide-
(Berwick unless stated)

Shanikas- Some of the best pasta going around. MASSIVE MEALS. Try the Romano...amazing
Ashcotts- Reasonable meals, they do a god lunch special. Parmas and Ribs above average.
Dante's- Good for wood fired pizzas.
81-Fine dining. Good food but pretty pricey. Twice cooked pork belly is great.
Beno's-Basically pub grub. Do a pretty good brekky.
Moods-Not a fan. Shit service and food nothing too flashy.
Berwick Thai- Very very good thai food. Always busy, they've pumped their prices up a bit lately. Chilli Prawns are sex.
Ambrosias-Top restaurant all round. Out in back streets of Berwick so not as well known. Good parma. Their tandoori chicken pizza is the best pizza i've eaten.
Pizza E Cuccina- Great pizza's. They won an award for best pizza in the state last year.
Courthouse- Fine dining. Steak is great but your paying upwards of $32 for it.
Berwick Palace Chinese-Nothing special.. The highlight being hot and sour soup.
Pakenham Thai- nearly on par with Berwick and probably a couple dollars cheaper.
Shanikas at Viale (Pakenham)- See Shanikas write up above.

Out of the local pubs. The pine grove (upper beacy) and the central do the best parmas.

Ever tried Georgio's in Beacy Scottie? Very very good the times ive been.

However, pretty hard to get a table. Last time i went had to book two weeks in advance to get a seat on a saturday nite. Not sure what its like now that was 6 months ago.

I have been to Georgio's.

Steak was good (well cooked) but way too big, just couldn't get through. Kind of ruins your experience when you feel sick afterwards from trying to eat too much.

Seafood was just.

Stinger
Georgios- Eaten there once. Steak was quite good. Good size but lacked something. Can't really put my finger on it but for $35 a steak should be A+

Looking for a decent restaurant at Docklands to have a meal and a few beers/wines on Saturday night.

Thoughts? Anyone been to James Squire Brewhouse or Mecca Bah?

Certainly is, Surkin.

Way to a man's heart is through the stomach and certainly having her rig is going to go a long way as well.

Wonder what methods they'll employ to keep her in the contest as long as possible. It would most likely happen behind the scenes, so we'll probably never know.

Ralph and Zoo will have the chequebooks handy on completion, although being a teacher, we're unlikely to get a decent glimpse.

I like a good feed so here is your local food form guide-
(Berwick unless stated)

Shanikas- Some of the best pasta going around. MASSIVE MEALS. Try the Romano...amazing
Ashcotts- Reasonable meals, they do a god lunch special. Parmas and Ribs above average.
Dante's- Good for wood fired pizzas.
81-Fine dining. Good food but pretty pricey. Twice cooked pork belly is great.
Beno's-Basically pub grub. Do a pretty good brekky.
Moods-Not a fan. Shit service and food nothing too flashy.
Berwick Thai- Very very good thai food. Always busy, they've pumped their prices up a bit lately. Chilli Prawns are sex.
Ambrosias-Top restaurant all round. Out in back streets of Berwick so not as well known. Good parma. Their tandoori chicken pizza is the best pizza i've eaten.
Pizza E Cuccina- Great pizza's. They won an award for best pizza in the state last year.
Courthouse- Fine dining. Steak is great but your paying upwards of $32 for it.
Berwick Palace Chinese-Nothing special.. The highlight being hot and sour soup.
Pakenham Thai- nearly on par with Berwick and probably a couple dollars cheaper.
Shanikas at Viale (Pakenham)- See Shanikas write up above.

Out of the local pubs. The pine grove (upper beacy) and the central do the best parmas.

Scottie, scottie you have just about taken the words out of my mouth. I thought I knew food in Berwick better than anyone but you seem to be up to scratch. Glad you mentioned the pork belly at 81. Try the lamb pizza at benos, amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back