Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scottie, scottie you have just about taken the words out of my mouth. I thought I knew food in Berwick better than anyone but you seem to be up to scratch. Glad you mentioned the pork belly at 81. Try the lamb pizza at benos, amazing

Not a Beno's fan as before stated but will give it a try and hopefully it'll prove me wrong.

Few more i forgot to mention

Tulip Thai (Beacy)-Not quite up to the high standards of berwick & pakenham thai.

Shavans(Pakenham)- Best indian in the local area. Food is amazingly fresh and full of flavour. I find a lot of indian restaurants food quite gluggy and thick this is light and top quality. Beef Vindaloo (sp?) for the win.

Mexican House (Berwick)- Reasonable mexican food without being great. They have half price margaritas and nachos on sunday arvos which is good value!

Hogs Breath (Hallam'ish)- Shit house. Couldn't have been more disapointed in a meal. Got the Ribs and they must've had something wrong with them they tasted powdery (how the f.uck ribs can taste powdery i dont know) and the sauce was average. Also quite small in size. Tried a bit of one of my mates steak. Was very dry.

Afghan Masala (Dandenong)- Awesome food. The shazliks (sp?) are amazing. They do these combination take away packs. Highly rated.

Maple Leaf-(Noble Park)- Best chinese/malaysian this side of the city. If anyone likes or has had Curry Laksa, this place does the best going around.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Yaringa Marina last night. Wasn't too bad, but wasn't spectacular.

Entree I had pan seared scallops. This was my favourite of the dishes. Scallops were very fresh and still had the moistness in them which you look for in a good scallop.

For the main I had pork belly with pickled vegetables. It was really a bit of a letdown. Pork was overdone and the crackling was poor. Could have been such a standout dish but execution really disappointed.

For dessert I had crepes with orange liquor and ice-cream. Again it had potential but didn't quite hit the mark. The orange sauce was a little overpowering and the ice-cream was something that you would buy from the supermarket.

Service was quick despite there only being one waiter working. There would no more than 15 people eating in the restaurant. The actual venue is nice on the marina there, and would be a big hit in the summer.

Overall though a little disappointing. 5/10

Matt Preston.

Dad had oysters for entree and lamb shanks for main.
Mum had garlic prawns + pork belly.
Bro. had salt and pepper calamari + crab risotto.
Sis. had salt and pepper calamari + pork belly.

Been enjoying so much soup of late.

My top 5 varieties in no particular order.
Pumpkin
Potato & Leek
Cauliflower
Chicken and sweet corn
And of course Minestrone

Remove this Banner Ad

Nachoes Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back